Katie Lou – The Human Piñata | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Katie Lou – The Human Piñata

Reaction Score
Yes - 9 Ball is also my favorite. Unfortunately, to be perfectly honest, you would have more-than-likely, cleaned my clock, as, at best, my pool skill is not exactly first-class -
more like economy.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Poor Lou. It's too bad we don't have an imposing physical player on this team to play the role of enforcer.
Yup. That's why I can't wait for Batouly's arrival on the court next year. I'm hoping she can play that role.

Reaction Score
All I know is, Katie Lou looks pretty tough with that shiner! When it fades maybe she should keep it going with some make-up.

Reaction Score
Because of Kia's hockey past, I always refer to Kia as a Hockey Player in a basketball suit.

And now...

We have another one!

Molly is also a Hocky Player in a basketball suit. Both very strong, bull-like players with alot of heart and smarts.

One more and we'll have a full hockey line to sub in when the big girls on the other side need a sharp lesson for knocking Katie Lou.
The enforcer is TLaw, a black belt in martial arts, taught by a BYer.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This idea that KLS needs an enforcer gets on my nerves a little. I have not seen any evidence that she needs one. She is as tough as nails physically and mentally.

I think because she has a"valley girl" look to her and she happens to smile alot on court, people keep underestimating her. An annoying example to me was the Houston SNY broadcast where Meg Culmo commented on the idea that the shot KLS took to the face in the ECU game was a flop and only when she developed a shiner, did she realize she took a shot and should apologize.

Why would any one think she took a flop. I remember seeing the instant replay and seeing it was a shot in the face right away. If any one else on out team went down to the floor covering her face (something that seems to be happening with great regularity lately to all out girls), I do not think it would be thought of as flopping.

As far as I can see, I do not seeing Geno condoning flopping since I imagine he would think (I knpw I am not a mind reader) it shows weakness and desperation.

Reaction Score
Would hate to be ECU the next time these two teams meet up. UConn might be looking to set a new NCAA record(largest margin of victory).

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This idea that KLS needs an enforcer gets on my nerves a little. I have not seen any evidence that she needs one. She is as tough as nails physically and mentally.

I think because she has a"valley girl" look to her and she happens to smile alot on court, people keep underestimating her. An annoying example to me was the Houston SNY broadcast where Meg Culmo commented on the idea that the shot KLS took to the face in the ECU game was a flop and only when she developed a shiner, did she realize she took a shot and should apologize.

Why would any one think she took a flop. I remember seeing the instant replay and seeing it was a shot in the face right away. If any one else on out team went down to the floor covering her face (something that seems to be happening with great regularity lately to all out girls), I do not think it would be thought of as flopping.

As far as I can see, I do not seeing Geno condoning flopping since I imagine he would think (I knpw I am not a mind reader) it shows weakness and desperation.
didnt she?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
enforcer... really, dont let another team have an "enforcer" she'd be called everything but that. smh

this thread is childish "I'm gonna get my big sister to beat you up cause you bumped into me" :rolleyes:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't know about that. I think our middleweight, Gabby, can beat the smithereens out of anyone I've seen his year including the heavyweights. You don't have to smack 'em in the head.
If you watch Kyla she has the attitude of a kid who will take no guff. She isn't timid at all about mixing it up. Given a little time she may well become The Enforcer.

Reaction Score
Bliss, we share an unenviable past me thinks. I used to bet my paycheck as a teenager; won my share and came close to trouble a few times, ran 76 balls once. A skill I got from my grandfather. If my parents ever found out I would have been in deep doodoo.

Reaction Score
Yes - 9 Ball is also my favorite. Unfortunately, to be perfectly honest, you would have more-than-likely, cleaned my clock, as, at best, my pool skill is not exactly first-class -
more like economy.
9-ball has a big luck component, buy lots of fun. The true test of skill is 14.1 continuous.

Reaction Score
Because of Kia's hockey past, I always refer to Kia as a Hockey Player in a basketball suit.

And now...

We have another one!

Molly is also a Hocky Player in a basketball suit. Both very strong, bull-like players with alot of heart and smarts.

One more and we'll have a full hockey line to sub in when the big girls on the other side need a sharp lesson for knocking Katie Lou.

Does anyone remember John Ferguson of the Montreal Canadians back in the 60's? He was the best enforcer I ever saw. The Canadians were a highly skilled fast paced teams with not so big players except Ferguson. No won could beat them so they would try to rough them up. But when his line came in he made them pay big time. No matter about the penalty box. He sent a lot of players home in pain.
I remember him saying once: "I start hating the minute I get up in the morning". And actually he was a pretty good right wing on those occasions when he turned his attention to scoring.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
more like economy.

Practice, practice, practice.......then shoot with the best as often as possible.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
All I know is, Katie Lou looks pretty tough with that shiner! When it fades maybe she should keep it going with some make-up.

She's much too pretty to have a shiner but it probably does add a little swagger to her walk.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Bliss, we share an unenviable past me thinks. I used to bet my paycheck as a teenager; won my share and came close to trouble a few times, ran 76 balls once. A skill I got from my grandfather. If my parents ever found out I would have been in deep doodoo.

I had to lie (play ball, see a teacher, etc.) to my parents as to why I left for school early each morning so that I could go to the "pool hall," a place for bums and lowlifes according to my mother. It really furthered by education, however, and I never had any regrets. She eventually gave up.

Used to shoot straight pool with the old timers whenever they were available and most were willing to teach a kid/young man. Played a game they referred to as line pool more than 14-1 but I don't remember my high run, probably less than your 76. Shot lots of 8 ball and rotation but later discovered 9 ball and was hooked. Nothing fancy; no called shots, ball in hand on all fouls, and winner breaks. Preferred one-on-one rather than ring. Good memories.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou shoots the 3 better than Breanna, and she will become a better passer. She won't be as good defensively; however, her inside outside game will be as good as Bre's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom