Kasongo just tweeted no commitment yet!!!!! | The Boneyard

Kasongo just tweeted no commitment yet!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He's probably just trying to regain the hundred followers who unfollowed him in the past few hours. I was one of them.

Okay, then get with it and re-follow or whatever.

Reaction Score
I really thought Ray would choose UConn. Maybe...

Once the dust settles, we will have a real nice incoming class. Ray would be a great part of that class. In the end, he needs to do what is right for him. Wavering on his Oregon verbal seems to bode well for UConn, but who knows what is really going on behind the scenes. In any event, I wish the kid well no matter what his choice is.

Reaction Score
Don't people on this board feel silly for trashing the kid in the other thread. I really people would just move on when a kid picks another school and not get so personally offended. Just have to have confidence that Ollie will fill the slot with a comparable player no matter what.

Reaction Score
Don't people on this board feel silly for trashing the kid in the other thread. I really people would just move on when a kid picks another school and not get so personally offended. Just have to have confidence that Ollie will fill the slot with a comparable player no matter what.

You don't find this process over the last 48 hours in any way odd?

Reaction Score
You don't find this process over the last 48 hours in any way odd?

I'll admit, I didn't follow it as closely as others on here most likely. I did check twitter for any news on him and mostly followed on the boneyard. Even if it was, so what? Must be a really tough decision for the kid. Whatever decision he makes will impact his life a hell of whole lot more than it will any of us.

Reaction Score
I'll admit, I didn't follow it as closely as others on here most likely. I did check twitter for any news on him and mostly followed on the boneyard. Even if it was, so what? Must be a really tough decision for the kid. Whatever decision he makes will impact his life a hell of whole lot more than it will any of us.

This is the first time in years that I've ever made a negative comment while a recruitment was going on. There are really red flags here. IMO, Uconn fans should not at all be down if he goes with Oregon, and there should be at least some concern if he doesn't. This is problematic all the way around, for everyone. Feel bad for the kid, but these are the circumstances.

Reaction Score
Look, my thing is that some of those posts on the thread were brutal. Almost seemed personal. Kid can only pick one school. Hope its us, but if it isn't, Ollie will have to get a similarly skilled or similarly producing player. That is all. I'm not one of those guys that tells people what to post, but I bristled as I read through the thread to the point where I didn't even finish it.

Reaction Score
Look, my thing is that some of those posts on the thread were brutal. Almost seemed personal. Kid can only pick one school. Hope its us, but if it isn't, Ollie will have to get a similarly skilled or similarly producing player. That is all. I'm not one of those guys that tells people what to post, but I bristled as I read through the thread to the point where I didn't even finish it.

It's tough. I always keep in mind that these are HS kids. I would never bash a kid. I don't even do it for the college students on the team. My post was about the AAU people and mentors around this recruitment. It should be of big concern and it should be talked about, even if it comes off as being very negative. It's a damn shame that people like the AAU guy are allowed to operate at all. It's malpractice. No matter where he goes. And I'd venture to guess that Kasongo's low ranking is precisely linked to what's going on with his high school and "academy." Not many others want to be involved with this thing, no matter how talented he is. Can't blame them.

Reaction Score
Sorry about posting same thread twice. Didn't see your thread. I guess I need to refresh the page first. New to this place.

Reaction Score

Completely agree that this is a huge decision for him. However, that does not relieve you of some basic level of protocol. Now it's possible his handlers (not his parents) led to last nights fiasco. Time will tell. I see this all the time, buyers remorse at the 11th hour. He should shut down twitter, his cell phone and go quiet for a while. How long that is, I don't know. Right now he appears to be more of an attention getter than confused, though it may be both. I have to agree on the 'red flag', but he has chance to repair if he goes quiet and considers his choices and then makes a decision.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure people trashed Kasongo. It looked more like they were trashing UConn's recruiting!

Reaction Score
Completely agree that this is a huge decision for him. However, that does not relieve you of some basic level of protocol. Now it's possible his handlers (not his parents) led to last nights fiasco. Time will tell. I see this all the time, buyers remorse at the 11th hour. He should shut down twitter, his cell phone and go quiet for a while. How long that is, I don't know. Right now he appears to be more of an attention getter than confused, though it may be both. I have to agree on the 'red flag', but he has chance to repair if he goes quiet and considers his choices and then makes a decision.

Sometimes choices are difficult because of the parameters involved. Sometimes there is no good decision. He could be stuck. Consider that he's spending the next year at a school/academy run by his AAU mentor. The decision will impact that relationship one way or another. In other words, meditation or "serenity now" may not be of any help in this situation. If he goes with his heart, he may be cutting people off, and that will have ramifications.

Reaction Score
It's tough. I always keep in mind that these are HS kids. I would never bash a kid. I don't even do it for the college students on the team. My post was about the AAU people and mentors around this recruitment. It should be of big concern and it should be talked about, even if it comes off as being very negative. It's a damn shame that people like the AAU guy are allowed to operate at all. It's malpractice. No matter where he goes. And I'd venture to guess that Kasongo's low ranking is precisely linked to what's going on with his high school and "academy." Not many others want to be involved with this thing, no matter how talented he is. Can't blame them.

If he had chosen us, I'm sure the Oregon people would have been claiming shadyness as well. I know someone will say "his tweets" indicated he was leaning toward us, but that means nothing.

Fleudslipuconn, read the thread Kasongo to Oregon, and tell people wern't bashing the kid hard. Anyways I'm done, hope he picks us, if he doesn't, next. Every fanbase does it. I just find it silly, now that the kid is still wavering, how those comments look retrospectively.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If he had chosen us, I'm sure the Oregon people would have been claiming shadyness as well. I know someone will say "his tweets" indicated he was leaning toward us, but that means nothing.

Fleudslipuconn, read the thread Kasongo to Oregon, and tell people wern't bashing the kid hard. Anyways I'm done, hope he picks us, if he doesn't, next. Every fanbase does it. I just find it silly, now that the kid is still wavering, how those comments look retrospectively.
It was ugly reading the first time. I do have to admit I jumped from page one to page four because I had been out at the time of the announcement and was just skimming! I'll take your word for it.

Reaction Score

??? This is shady. Did you look at my links to the academy? I'm not claiming "shady." It's an open book. A school that just started, has 5 students, no teachers. An online school. Affiliated with a basketball academy run by a guy that has had multiple kids all over America get burned by the NCAA for one or two years of eligibility. Is this harping or is it a legitimate concern? It's there. For many of us, this only became obvious yesterday evening. The best thing for young Ray Kasongo--if I were a disinterested observer--is probably to verbal to a school with no ties to this outfit, and then seek another HS even if it means sitting out basketball season.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
??? This is shady. Did you look at my links to the academy? I'm not claiming "shady." It's an open book. A school that just started, has 5 students, no teachers. An online school. Affiliated with a basketball academy run by a guy that has had multiple kids all over America get burned by the NCAA for one or two years of eligibility. Is this harping or is it a legitimate concern? It's there. For many of us, this only became obvious yesterday evening. The best thing for young Ray Kasongo--if I were a disinterested observer--is probably to verbal to a school with no ties to this outfit, and then seek another HS even if it means sitting out basketball season.
So what you are implying the major concern for us Boneyarders and UConn is not whether he verbals to UConn or Oregon but whether he is academically eligible to play next season.

D

Deleted member 3149

No kid has ever set a decision date and picked UConn. This is a tremendous sign that he will choose us now.

Reaction Score
This could become very silly if he just confirms for Oregon. If he actually shifts to UConn then I get it, but if this drama results in nothing more than confirming for Oregon what was the point??

Reaction Score
This could become very silly if he just confirms for Oregon. If he actually shifts to UConn then I get it, but if this drama results in nothing more than confirming for Oregon what was the point??

The point is there is no point. It's not his strategy. He clearly feels he was pressured. Midday yesterday he tells people he's leaning to UConn. Then there are reports that Oregon smoothed things over. He commits around 7 pm. Then at 10 pm he decommits.

This isn't strategy. It's pressure.

I'm sure a lot of us have been in his shoes when it comes to choosing schools, and not knowing if you've made the right decision. I know I was.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The point is there is no point. It's not his strategy. He clearly feels he was pressured. Midday yesterday he tells people he's leaning to UConn. Then there are reports that Oregon smoothed things over. He commits around 7 pm. Then at 10 pm he decommits.

I'm sure a lot of us have been in his shoes when it comes to choosing schools, and not knowing if you've made the right decision. I know I was.
I wasn't really, but then I probably made the wrong decision. I should have thought about it more. :D

Reaction Score

Which also goes back to why did he make arrangements (made yesterday afternoon I believe) to announce his decision last evening...on the very day when he changed his college choice just a few hours earlier. I can think of one reason that you would do that...and it's not because it was YOUR decision. A rational person, even a HS student, would want to sleep on it and decide the next day. I think he was told (maybe by RR) to get out there and make it public ASAP. Who knows what might have been said to him beyond that. I give the kid a lot of credit for coming out last night to withdraw his commitment...that took a lot of guts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom