Karlie Samuelson | The Boneyard

Karlie Samuelson

Reaction Score
Anybody know the extent of Karlie Samuelsons foot injury? Any chance she goes into the WNBA?

Reaction Score
Anybody know the extent of Karlie Samuelsons foot injury? Any chance she goes into the WNBA?
I too would like to know both answers---I believe, personal opinion, no facts: That should she make her self available--she'd be picked
near the end of the first round---

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
At senior night she had indicated likely grad school and goal of coaching.

Reaction Score
At senior night she had indicated likely grad school and goal of coaching.
Glad to hear that. The story about her was that she used to be painfully shy and quiet, but that she has really opened up, as we all could see in her post-game interviews this year: she is, in fact, now confident and very good at communicating .

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou and, I think, Tara said that Karlie is very analytical and would make a good coach. Is she a good enough player for the W?

Reaction Score
I think she would get drafted in the W, but I'm not sure if she would make it through training camp. She'd need to be the perfect match for a certain team.

Reaction Score
I think she would get drafted in the W, but I'm not sure if she would make it through training camp. She'd need to be the perfect match for a certain team.
Agreed. There are limits to what she can do, even as a college player, and that does not generally lead to a high draft pick, if she is picked at all.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Glad to hear that. The story about her was that she used to be painfully shy and quiet, but that she has really opened up, as we all could see in her post-game interviews this year: she is, in fact, now confident and very good at communicating .
I guess Karlie being painfully shy certainly didn't extend to her younger sister....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess Karlie being painfully shy certainly didn't extend to her younger sister....
If I recall the quote correctly, she said that she used to send Lou out to talk for her even though she was the older sister.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I will say that in all the years I have known Karlie, I would never say she was perceived to be painfully shy.

However, she does have one of the best BB IQ's of players I have known or talked too.
Interesting to see if Kate Paye gets the job at USC, whether Karlie goes, as some sort of coach, grad asst, video coordinator, or something else. I do not know whether she will get an immediate job as an asst coach first year out of college, at least not at the Power 5 conference level. That has to be hard to get.

Reaction Score
I will say that in all the years I have known Karlie, I would never say she was perceived to be painfully shy.

However, she does have one of the best BB IQ's of players I have known or talked too.
Interesting to see if Kate Paye gets the job at USC, whether Karlie goes, as some sort of coach, grad asst, video coordinator, or something else. I do not know whether she will get an immediate job as an asst coach first year out of college, at least not at the Power 5 conference level. That has to be hard to get.

I wish UConn could get her now as a grad assistant but we have Chloe for another year and Geno would never take KLS' sister while she's still there.

I could see her taking a grad assistant spot at USC.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think she could catch on a WNBA team if she pursues it - she is pretty good defensively and very accurate from three, not a bad combination.
I was think about the grad assistant route and the possibility of he being at Uconn - it would be a pretty neat situation for them both, but not likely to happen. I don't know if there is an NCAA limit for grad assistants, but there is also the 'manager of basketball operations' route for recent grads trying to get into coaching. Slightly different responsibilities but it all depends on how you approach that job - people often move from that to assistant coach or from that to more sports administration kinds of jobs depending on their particular interest.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she could catch on a WNBA team if she pursues it - she is pretty good defensively and very accurate from three, not a bad combination.
I was think about the grad assistant route and the possibility of he being at Uconn - it would be a pretty neat situation for them both, but not likely to happen. I don't know if there is an NCAA limit for grad assistants, but there is also the 'manager of basketball operations' route for recent grads trying to get into coaching. Slightly different responsibilities but it all depends on how you approach that job - people often move from that to assistant coach or from that to more sports administration kinds of jobs depending on their particular interest.
Geno could finally say, "We got the right Samuelson."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom