Karlie Samuelson to Stanford | The Boneyard

Karlie Samuelson to Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
According to her own sister Bonnie. The elder Samuelson tweeted that Karlie committed to the Cardinal today. Even though Samuelson isn't highly ranked, I'm still excited that she's going to be a Cardinal.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Congrats to Karlie!! Can't pass up a Stanford Education!!!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
According to her own sister Bonnie. The elder Samuelson tweeted that Karlie committed to the Cardinal today. Even though Samuelson isn't highly ranked, I'm still excited that she's going to be a Cardinal.

Congrats, Saki!

It's very rare that Stanford doesn't get a young lady that is accepted and offered. Hoping McCall is an exception.

Reaction Score
Speaking of which ... has UConn ever won vs Stanford is a recruiting battle?

Reaction Score

Anyone else really surprised by this????

Reaction Score
Obviously, Stanford has had the upper hand with Karlie, simply because her sister is there. She did the smart thing, though, and weighed all of her options, before deciding that Stanford is the place for her. Congrats to Karlie, and the Cardinal.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Anyone else really surprised by this????

No. She's an excellent student and her sister plays for Stanford. The 3rd sister (best player of the 3?) will likely play there as well. We've seen this before.

Reaction Score
Stanford also has two more O sisters coming up in the next few years.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Would be interesting to see what careers ex Stanford players are in vs the other top basketball schools in the nation. Any Card fans have any data on that? I bet their non-basketball salaries are among the top

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Would be interesting to see what careers ex Stanford players are in vs the other top basketball schools in the nation. Any Card fans have any data on that? I bet their non-basketball salaries are among the top
Wait staff in the very best restaurants.

HGN

Reaction Score
Karlie to Stanford is not surprising......I am sure Geno sort of expected that if she was accepted at Stanford that she would go there. I myself never thought that we would bet her to Storrs..... But its not as greater loss as it would be if Erica McCall follows her there. But what is surprising is that UConn has not inked at least one (1) 2013 recruit. But we still have the fall signing period to go.

Reaction Score
Since Samuelson accepted, she obviously cleared the much-feared Admissions hurdle. Can we then assume that McCall has also heard yay or nay from Stanford's Admissions Office by now?

If you can read the Latin alphabet, thank a Phoenician. If you can read English, thank Anglo-Saxon warriors.

Reaction Score
... But what is surprising is that UConn has not inked at least one (1) 2013 recruit. But we still have the fall signing period to go.
What are you talking about? Nobody has "inked" anyone yet for 2013. Technically speaking, the entire HoopGurlz Top Fifty could still accept their offers from Louisville next Fall.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Karlie to Stanford is not surprising......I am sure Geno sort of expected that if she was accepted at Stanford that she would go there. I myself never thought that we would bet her to Storrs..... But its not as greater loss as it would be if Erica McCall follows her there. But what is surprising is that UConn has not inked at least one (1) 2013 recruit. But we still have the fall signing period to go.
None of these schools has "inked" anyone. They cannot do so currently.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Congrats, Saki!

It's very rare that Stanford doesn't get a young lady that is accepted and offered. Hoping McCall is an exception.

I can think of a just few players:
- Skylar Diggins (Notre Dame)
- Chloe Wells (Duke)
- Krista Gross (UNC)
- Brooke Smith (Duke, though she transferred to Stanford)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Since Samuelson accepted, she obviously cleared the much-feared Admissions hurdle. Can we then assume that McCall has also heard yay or nay from Stanford's Admissions Office by now?.
I was thinking the same thing. I think the Admisisons Office finished up the 2012 class just after April 30, when the commitment letters were due. Then they start looking at 2013. Erica may have a decision from the university fairly soon. Their admission standards are very high. Despite what the Cardinal fans say, there is flexibility in those standards for athletes and others. Erica is supposed to be a good student, so she is clearly in the competitive pool. My guess is that she gets in, but it is not automatic. Even with an admission, she may choose elsewhere. The point, as Wonk notes, is that some information on her may be imminent.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Since Samuelson accepted, she obviously cleared the much-feared Admissions hurdle. Can we then assume that McCall has also heard yay or nay from Stanford's Admissions Office by now?

It depends when McCall put in her application, if she did. If it was rather early, then yea, you can expect her to hear from admissions. Some people, such as Candice Wiggins or Jayne Appel, didn't turn theirs in until the summer was over. So it really depends on when the player submits the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom