Karlie And Katie Lou — But Mostly Karlie — Nice Piece | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Karlie And Katie Lou — But Mostly Karlie — Nice Piece

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In the old American daze--kids would put a peach basket (with bottom cut out) on light poles --no back boards.
And --this of this ==some used the poles as a backboard on some shots. I'm not sure if this is anything like that which your Mom played--lucky guy--those English girls were classy!!
Just to clarify, it was Lous mom who played Net Ball in England, not mine.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is by far a much better player than either of her sisters.....Watch Karlie today on the PAC 12 Network and voice your own opinion.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is by far a much better player than either of her sisters.....Watch Karlie today on the PAC 12 Network and voice your own opinion.

Not disagreeing with you, but I'm curious as to what basis of experience have you formed your opinion?

Reaction Score

well katie lou is much better than most collegiate players. Numbers dont lie. she is the better samuelson, the aggressive one but i think that says any less to karlie's play. stanford had 9 assists, 4 of them from karlie, only with 5 attempts with romero face guarding her. I feel that karlie's importance to the team wont show in her stats.

Reaction Score
well katie lou is much better than most collegiate players. Numbers dont lie. she is the better samuelson, the aggressive one but i think that says any less to karlie's play. stanford had 9 assists, 4 of them from karlie, only with 5 attempts with romero face guarding her. I feel that karlie's importance to the team wont show in her stats.

Actually, numbers don't always tell the true story either. Generally speaking, Karlie is a scrapper whereas Katie Lou is more finesse, so in reality it's Karlie who is the more aggressive one. Karlie, at this stage, is also a much better defender and rebounder. Lou is without doubt the better scorer, however both shoot 3s very well. You're right, Romeo did a fantastic job on Karlie tonight, but I don't understand Stanford's offense. Game after game, they keep Karlie buried in the corner and run no plays for her. This results in teammates who can't shoot nearly as well getting most of the shots. It mind blowing!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm loving that Jen Rizotti/Moriah Jefferson hesitation move KLS has developed when she drives to the basket. She uses her long stride immediately after the hesitation and leaves the defender flat-footed. It's beautiful. The more times she drives to the basket the happier I am. I'm also loving her stepped-up defense.

Reaction Score
Actually, numbers don't always tell the true story either. Generally speaking, Karlie is a scrapper whereas Katie Lou is more finesse, so in reality it's Karlie who is the more aggressive one. Karlie, at this stage, is also a much better defender and rebounder. Lou is without doubt the better scorer, however both shoot 3s very well. You're right, Romeo did a fantastic job on Karlie tonight, but I don't understand Stanford's offense. Game after game, they keep Karlie buried in the corner and run no plays for her. This results in teammates who can't shoot nearly as well getting most of the shots. It mind blowing!

well katie lou mentioned in one interview that she wanted to be karlie more,because of her hustle,defense always diving for the ball and karlie being her toughest defender she played against. Katie lou is the better scorer however bec she drives to the basket more often and she would find a way to score,no way she would finish a game with just 5 attempts. and yes as good as karlie is at shooting 3s, why cant they run a play for her.they did give her some screens but help is quick, double team on her and forced her to pass. i thought karlie had some cuts where she didnt get the ball.another privilege katie lou has. her team knows how to set her up.

Reaction Score
While I too enjoy this discussion of the Samuelson family, I am at the same time bothered by all the attempts to quantify who is the best player. My view is they are all UCONN family by virtue of Katie Lou's being on the team. Despite two playing for Stamford, we should I believe extend to the whole group the warmth and support afforded to any UCONN player. And there is much warmth expressed here. But I think commenting on who is the best and perhaps hoping that motivates Katie Lou is not the best way for us BY'ers to express our tremendous affection and support for Katie Lou.

Reaction Score
While I too enjoy this discussion of the Samuelson family, I am at the same time bothered by all the attempts to quantify who is the best player. My view is they are all UCONN family by virtue of Katie Lou's being on the team. Despite two playing for Stamford, we should I believe extend to the whole group the warmth and support afforded to any UCONN player. And there is much warmth expressed here. But I think commenting on who is the best and perhaps hoping that motivates Katie Lou is not the best way for us BY'ers to express our tremendous affection and support for Katie Lou.
Lou has said that motivates her, that she wants to be better than her sisters.

Reaction Score
Lou has said that motivates her, that she wants to be better than her sisters.
That is coming from Lou which is very different than comments from others about her relationships with her sisters and how those relationships motivate her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom