Karim Coulibaly down to St. Joes and Pitt | The Boneyard

Karim Coulibaly down to St. Joes and Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A4FE2D4E-8E53-4641-99D8-9D576FC3E0F0.png

Reaction Score
Just go to the Pitt board for laughs if St Joe’s lands him. Pitt is still a big blank for 2019.

Reaction Score
I'm no Pitt fan, but give it a break.

Their (2018) freshman class is way better than ours (three of their top four scorers are freshmen), not even close, and now they picked up our "backup plan" for center along with a forward rated 4 stars by some services and 3 by Rivals.

Laughing at them is starting to look like whistling past the graveyard.

Reaction Score

Their (2018) freshman class is way better than ours (three of their top four scorers are freshmen), not even close, and now they picked up our "backup plan" for center along with a forward rated 4 stars by some services and 3 by Rivals.

We weren't interested in Coulibaly.

caw

Reaction Score

Not for nothing but UConn has exactly one true freshman, who was at a position UConn was deep at going into the season, with a senior former all conference player and redshirt sophomore former McDAA ahead of him. Pitts freshmen have played well but it’s not exactly a one-to-one comp. you can throw Sid in as a freshman I guess but he was brought in by Ollie and I’m not sure he should be thrown in the kix.

They have two committed recruits for next year, as does UConn (though Akok could also count). UConns are much higher rated.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Did you know we have one true freshman on the roster? I’ll continue whistling past their graveyard, they took our plan D center after being very favored for Wahab. We also have a better 2019 recruiting class in the AAC. Join us in laughing at Pitt.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score

Hard to get someone you didn't even offer.

Reaction Score
Hard to get someone you didn't even offer.

Sorry, I took all the BY chatter about him over the past couple months to indicate those touting him were correct about him being on our radar.

My larger point was about all the immature comments about Pitt's recruiting in spite of the fact they were able to find, in the same limited recruiting time, three freshmen who are performing head and shoulders better than our freshman and two grad transfers.

Maybe that was because Hurley and staff were certain they'd get better players for 2019 by bringing in two grad transfers and saving two more scholarships. We'll know in a couple years but in the meantime I'm not getting my jollies by going to the Pitt website. I'm here loyally waiting for more Dam news.

Reaction Score
Did you know we have one true freshman on the roster? I’ll continue whistling past their graveyard, they took our plan D center after being very favored for Wahab. We also have a better 2019 recruiting class in the AAC. Join us in laughing at Pitt.

I share your passion for laughing at Pitt, and my lasting memory of Pitt is how ugly their fans were to Khalid and how much fun it was to see him jump on that table after the miraculous finish and thump his chest with Calhoun anxious to get him back to the locker room before a riot started.

Since we have no game today I just might watch it here for some laughs:
UConn Husky Games: Welcome to UConn Husky Games!

Reaction Score
Sorry, I took all the BY chatter about him over the past couple months to indicate those touting him were correct about him being on our radar.

My larger point was about all the immature comments about Pitt's recruiting in spite of the fact they were able to find, in the same limited recruiting time, three freshmen who are performing head and shoulders better than our freshman and two grad transfers.

Maybe that was because Hurley and staff were certain they'd get better players for 2019 by bringing in two grad transfers and saving two more scholarships. We'll know in a couple years but in the meantime I'm not getting my jollies by going to the Pitt website. I'm here loyally waiting for more Dam news.
Eh, they deserve it for amount of ish they talked when it was UConn vs. Pitt for Hurley and then pretending that Capel was the #1 choice all along when Hurley chose UConn.

Pitt also was in a different situation with a bit more flexibility with 7+ announced transfers before the new coach was hired. No one at UConn had announced a transfer and Hurley didn't want to run anyone off the team (which will likely pay dividends down the road).

Capel does deserve credit for reeling in Xavier Johnson (for which he can thank Kenya Hunter on that one) and getting McGowens and Toney to reclassify to 2018. That's a solid class.

But still, going into February without a 2019 commit is not the best thing for 2019 recruiting and it was fun to laugh at them while we had 3 top 100 guys already committed, including one they wanted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I share your passion for laughing at Pitt, and my lasting memory of Pitt is how ugly their fans were to Khalid and how much fun it was to see him jump on that table after the miraculous finish and thump his chest with Calhoun anxious to get him back to the locker room before a riot started.

Since we have no game today I just might watch it here for some laughs:
UConn Husky Games: Welcome to UConn Husky Games!

As my wife is a double Pitt grad and Panther Club member, she doesn't rank the shock and disappointment of that game as high as Sid Bream's slide, but it is a top 5 worst Pittsburgh sports moment for her any many local Pitt alumni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom