Kara Wolters in the Hall Of Fame | The Boneyard

Kara Wolters in the Hall Of Fame

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I have to admit that I missed this thread. Big ups to my favorite Husky of all time.

I will say I am a bit shocked that she is going into the Hall, tho. All for an incredible college run? The WNBA career was 4 seasons with 3 temas and three of the seasons were 55 games (1 start).

Big day this Saturday!!

Reaction Score
She can now write a book called"From a dinosaur with a small brain to the hall of fame".A famous coach once referred to her that way i believe. lol

Reaction Score
Not bad for the worst post in America. :rolleyes:

She WAS the worst post --she has had loads of company --Lobo, Steff, Stewie--and my favorite--Stokes.
Thanks I enjoyed the memory --albeit Kara probably does not-- Congrats to the BIG girl--and great game
Analyst for SNY!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Overrated. She was great against the JV. Not so much against the varsity.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Kara! She was asked last season what she would do if she played in 2017? Her answer, "I'd be coming off the bench with the walk ons! I'd be way too slow to keep up with the pace of the game as it's played today. I came along at just the right time for my type of game!"
She is one of many great stories that UCONN WBB has had through the years! A great effort on her part plus great coaching has brought to this wonderful moment in her life!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kara! She was asked last season what she would do if she played in 2017? Her answer, "I'd be coming off the bench with the walk ons! I'd be way too slow to keep up with the pace of the game as it's played today. I came along at just the right time for my type of game!"
She is one of many great stories that UConn WBB has had through the years! A great effort on her part plus great coaching has brought to this wonderful moment in her life!

I never heard that kara tidbit---nice story on a nice woman. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Courant weighs in: http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn-womens-basketball/hc-UConn-kara-wolters-0610-20170609-story.html

"As a freshman, Wolters asked Auriemma why he incessantly screamed at her. He told her she should worry when he's not screaming, because that would mean she lacked potential.

"I said, 'Oh you must really think I've got a lot of potential because you're always yelling at me,'" Wolters said.
Geno has had many many many players with great "POTENTIAL" --apparently!!

Reaction Score
I never had the chance to see her play but I just love her on the Uconn basketball shows. Congrats to Kara!!!
Can someone please tell me where the women's basketball HOF is located?

Reaction Score
I always thought she was a bit overrated especially her first few years. But congrats!

Reaction Score
I never had the chance to see her play but I just love her on the UConn basketball shows. Congrats to Kara!!!
Can someone please tell me where the women's basketball HOF is located?

B Block WBB Hall of Fame is located in Knoxville, TN a mile or so from the U. of TN campus!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom