Kara on CPTV | The Boneyard

Kara on CPTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really wish they would sign Kara to CPTV games or if not I hope that SNY picks her up as the analyst. I know that negotiations are going on right as we speak. I appreciate the loyalty that CPTV has shown over all these years is great. I am disappointed that I now have to listen to my radio for the play by play as many non-Boneyarders to avoid the non stop "giggling".

Reaction Score
Kara looks great on CPTV, and I love listening to her. Maturity does wonders for college students. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kara making a really good point about fundamentals and habits being developed young. And if you want to know why it's going to be a while before we see a ton of depth in the top 100 of the high school ranks, it starts with there not being a critical mass of quality coaches of young girls.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Great show, Geno the bball junkie was in rare form, frequently hilarious. Loved Kara as the guest, and yes she looked great.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Kara making a really good point about fundamentals and habits being developed young. And if you want to know why it's going to be a while before we see a ton of depth in the top 100 of the high school ranks, it starts with there not being a critical mass of quality coaches of young girls.
Yeah, did you catch the comment about his visit to a HS game? Had to be the trip to watch Reiner.

Reaction Score
I really wish they would sign Kara to CPTV games or if not I hope that SNY picks her up as the analyst. I know that negotiations are going on right as we speak. I appreciate the loyalty that CPTV has shown over all these years is great. I am disappointed that I now have to listen to my radio for the play by play as many non-Boneyarders to avoid the non stop "giggling".

I thought as I just watched the show just how great it is to have the Geno show. I hope that CPTV gets the contract because, what from what I've seen out of New York, if SNY wins out the whole broadcast community feeling will morph into a whole corporate feeling.

Reaction Score
Really loved the way that Kara spoke about the "twisting" that Bria etc does. I realize that it takes awhile for someone to get used to the "tv" style but I really love her as a future UConn analyst especially if SNY takes over. I have made my preference known to SNY if they as expected take over the rights to UConn Women's basketball. All I asked SNY to do was not hire someone that giggles throughout the entire telecast. Also do not use the term "him". According to SNY I am not the only person that has expressed that same complaint.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that if SNY wins the contract that they will have a similar show but maybe with different women analysts. Hopefully Kara is one of the analysts. It would give SNY a chance to get involved in women's basketball and with a definite probable National Champion with Breanna Stewart. I've always loved Kara because she has never thrown in the fact that she is friends with Geno. Kara just is trying to be the best announcer she can.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
From the radio broadcast "Cinn. just hopes they play better than UNC did."

Reaction Score
I thought as I just watched the show just how great it is to have the Geno show. I hope that CPTV gets the contract because, what from what I've seen out of New York, if SNY wins out the whole broadcast community feeling will morph into a whole corporate feeling.
It will more than a corporate feeling. I am afraid that they will not televise all of the games. Each year, SNY tries to fill their schedule with as many live games as possible. At present, they "televise over 100 Big East basketball games a year(men and women)."
There will certainly be time conflicts in the scheduling of so many games.
It did not happen this year, but you may remember that in past years there were days when the men and women played at the same time. If the women are scheduled at the same time as a men's game, which game do you think SNY will drop?

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that if SNY wins the contract that they will have a similar show but maybe with different women analysts. Hopefully Kara is one of the analysts. It would give SNY a chance to get involved in women's basketball and with a definite probable National Champion with Breanna Stewart. I've always loved Kara because she has never thrown in the fact that she is friends with Geno. Kara just is trying to be the best announcer she can.
Do we have to hear the same complaint about announcers after every CPTV game ? We get your point.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but having worked inn commercial TVfor a while, I have one piece of advice: Do not trust them. It is as cutthroat an industry as there is. I've led the charge against some of the ways that CPTV does things, but I'll predict right here that, as least when it comes to those of us with Hoopstreams, a commercial operation will either make it profitable -- and at what? 1,000 subscribers? I doubt it will be at current pricing or anything like it -- or they will kill it. Loyalty to the fans will mean nothing.

And while I understand that much of Connecticut is nothing more than a far borough of New York, you're putting faith of any kind in a sports outlet based in New York? Are you kidding me?

Reaction Score
Sorry, but having worked inn commercial TVfor a while, I have one piece of advice: Do not trust them. It is as cutthroat an industry as there is. I've led the charge against some of the ways that CPTV does things, but I'll predict right here that, as least when it comes to those of us with Hoopstreams, a commercial operation will either make it profitable -- and at what? 1,000 subscribers? I doubt it will be at current pricing or anything like it -- or they will kill it. Loyalty to the fans will mean nothing.

And while I understand that much of Connecticut is nothing more than a far borough of New York, you're putting faith of any kind in a sports outlet based in New York? Are you kidding me?

Amen, Tomcat.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It will more than a corporate feeling. I am afraid that they will not televise all of the games. Each year, SNY tries to fill their schedule with as many live games as possible. At present, they "televise over 100 Big East basketball games a year(men and women)."
There will certainly be time conflicts in the scheduling of so many games.
It did not happen this year, but you may remember that in past years there were days when the men and women played at the same time. If the women are scheduled at the same time as a men's game, which game do you think SNY will drop?
Broadcast of all games should be a condition of contract.

Reaction Score
Broadcast of all games should be a condition of contract.
I agree, but the contract may exclude some of the games. As it stands now, all games are televised. I know we are spoiled, but it would be a huge letdown to miss just a few games.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Wolters got my attention when she questioned why Dolson was playing so far away from the basket. Yeah Kara!
Anyone notice where she played last night? Anyone notice how she played last night?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wolters got my attention when she questioned why Dolson was playing so far away from the basket. Yeah Kara!
Anyone notice where she played last night? Anyone notice how she played last night?
Same as before high and low. She and Kiah hit four shots from out on top. They, also, got the ball down low in position. Geno addressed the situation and said it was a little bit Stef but mostly the guards getting the ball to both when they were in position. He, also, noted that the issue is the absence of Maya and the Ds collapsing in on Stef is the issue inthe low phost plus the fact that Maya was best with the entry pass in time and position.

Stef, certainly, played with more intensity last night. Geno, also, said that if he had ten kids like Stef on the team he would gladly coach another 20 years.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score

I agree. CPTV provides UConn women's games with a touch of love. You'll never see that on commercial TV and it's very unlikely you'll see a Geno show as frank and enjoyable as the one we currently have.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Really loved the way that Kara spoke about the "twisting" that Bria etc does. I realize that it takes awhile for someone to get used to the "tv" style but I really love her as a future UConn analyst especially if SNY takes over. I have made my preference known to SNY if they as expected take over the rights to UConn Women's basketball. All I asked SNY to do was not hire someone that giggles throughout the entire telecast. Also do not use the term "him". According to SNY I am not the only person that has expressed that same complaint.

I thought that was a very interesting point from Kara. But I also thought Kara Wolters looked a little shy on the Geno show. She barely spoke. Meghan and Geno almost had to coax her into saying something. I was surprised considering that Kara has been doing radio broadcasts for quite awhile. But there is a big difference between simply talking on the radio and being seen on TV.

Reaction Score

Playing away from the basket was Geno's idea.

Reaction Score
I thought Geno inferred that as long as the guards were not getting the ball to Stef down low, she was better outside giving picks and also clearing the driving lanes

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought Geno inferred that as long as the guards were not getting the ball to Stef down low, she was better outside giving picks and also clearing the driving lanes
Exactly, in his comments, he, essentially, stated why Kara's thoughts were not able to work currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom