Kansas | The Boneyard

Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Forgot to put scary eyes on their helmets.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=11680227

Nice casual helmets. Some spice in color but not bad. I guess they didn't get the warde Manuel cool factor special order.

I dream of the day uconn can act like a real football school. Look at UNC, Indy, ole and Kansas new digs this year. Then look at ours.

It's like a prom dance floor with the one kid watching from the corner.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

http://mbd. /mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=11680227

Nice casual helmets. Some spice in color but not bad. I guess they didn't get the warde Manuel cool factor special order.

I dream of the day uconn can act like a real football school. Look at UNC, Indy, ole and Kansas new digs this year. Then look at ours.

Those are all basketball schools your example? Those schools have crap for football pedigree.

Also, your link doesn't appear to work.

Reaction Score
Link doesn't work, but besides, jayhawk eyes would be stupid on a helmet. We have husky eyes, much cooler

Reaction Score

The very fact that a human being can view disagreements as what is the best artistic design as a matter of fact, as opposed to as a matter of opinion, is mind boggling. Most people get over that as they approach adulthood.

Reaction Score
Hey Dan, I found a picture of your Husky statue for the locker room.
9060998.jpeg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I knew opening up this thread was a waste of time.

U should just ignore me.

Those are all basketball schools your example? Those schools have crap for football pedigree.

Also, your link doesn't appear to work.

Ole miss is not a bball school. I picked those schools only beacuse they also got new swag this year. Also if u havnt noticed they all have cool new stuff u should google. Kansas is really going for it with charlie. Indiana is now tryig and unc is unc.

The link is a TosS link so u need to add that word into it. This site blocks the words tosR and tosS i thought that was well know here already....

The very fact that a human being can view disagreements as what is the best artistic design as a matter of fact, as opposed to as a matter of opinion, is mind boggling. Most people get over that as they approach adulthood.

Im not sure why u bother. But hey take uconns uniform and put it next to any of the schools i mention. First two question would be 1) why do u have middle school cartoon eyes on the helmet and 2) why do we have a stripe down our tops?

The uniforms stunk before. I was open to anything. They stink again. Its amazing how we cant do things like bcs teams. Im happy we have new swag, but the desigs suck.

Hey Dan, I found a picture of your Husky statue for the locker room.
9060998.jpeg

As usual u dont get it.look up kids visit pics. They all try on uniforms in front of mascot statues or big logo block letters. But this board wants kids to have a macys dressing room with the bad music instead. Unreal.

Its about the perfect picture. Thats free marketing and makes happy ppl. Recruit for the reason i listed but it goes further. Every fan who gets a tour should get the chance to pick therefavorite number and put the jersey on for a pic with the statue or letter also.

This stuff is not hard. But uconn sucks at it and ppl here support it.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Why do you think no one ever agrees with you here? Because all you do is post negative hyperbole. You posted about comparing UConn to a school they have as many bowl wins as in 1/10th of the time (Indiana has 3 all time bowl wins). The problem isn't your passion, it is your focus. You are so intent on comparing UConn to other (often mediocre) programs. It is really old.

Kansas is really going for it with charlie. Indiana is now tryig and unc is unc.

Really? Kansas is really going after it with a 3rd rate failed coach? Indiana is trying? I don't see their efforts as being any greater than UConn's. UNC is UNC? What does that mean? They really aren't a program that garners much respect nationally in football. They are also a cheating ass program.

Reaction Score

link doesn't work but it looks like they have quite the variety this upcoming season:

media.php

The powder blue one has to be the throwback of the bunch...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
HFD, the thing is this: people are entrenched on both sides of the argument, and they likely aren't going to change their stances. They certainly aren't more likely to change on the 100th thread as they were on the 1st thread.

For the record, I don't like the new helmets either (although I could live with the Husky design instead of the "Call of the Wild"). I don't like the new logo design either. I also don't like the fact that the word "UCONN" next to the logo makes our logo look small. I also don't like the fact that all of these things are changing at a time when we need to rely most on our brand equity. But trust me, brother, you are not going to win anyone over with these threads. Less is more, my friend....less is more...

Reaction Score
So they stuck their logo on a few different color helmets. Booorrriiinnggg

Reaction Score
HFD, the thing is this: people are entrenched on both sides of the argument, and they likely aren't going to change their stances. They certainly aren't more likely to change on the 100th thread as they were on the 1st thread.

For the record, I don't like the new helmets either (although I could live with the Husky design instead of the "Call of the Wild"). I don't like the new logo design either. I also don't like the fact that the word "UCONN" next to the logo makes our logo look small. I also don't like the fact that all of these things are changing at a time when we need to rely most on our brand equity. But trust me, brother, you are not going to win anyone over with these threads. Less is more, my friend....less is more...

The guy set the bar for P to keep his job at 9 wins. He's abandoning the program at the worst possible time. F@ck him. He doesn't get to lecture the rest of us.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
link doesn't work but it looks like they have quite the variety this upcoming season:

media.php

The powder blue one has to be the throwback of the bunch...
Does this mean that each player will have 5 helmets or is one helmet getting painted each Thursday? Two helmets may work (UConn has 2 color schemes), but how irritating? Athletes are creatures of habit. Imagine having to get used to one helmet and uniform color, then a new one next week. Not so bad because many programs play a home game directly after an away game, or vice versa. But then 3 more uniform combinations over the next 3 weeks. I'm sure they will make it work, but no thanks.

Reaction Score

I get where you're coming from bro...

He's definitely got a point here HfD, but I still like your post too bro... IMO, a breath of fresh air... Not afraid to go against the norm...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The guy set the bar for P to keep his job at 9 wins. He's abandoning the program at the worst possible time. F@ck him. He doesn't get to lecture the rest of us.

Deep down inside, he still loves UConn. There's no doubt in my mind about that. What person, sane or insane, would so closely follow the recruiting habits of a school if they didn't love the school? But HFD also believes that if he can somehow "turn the tide" on the Boneyard and drum up support here that the administration would HAVE to do a 180 degree turnaround with all of their logo and marketing changes. Well, I'm here to tell him that he's wrong about that. I wish to God that he was right, because I would help him, but he's wrong.

He's also wrong about the 9-game minimum for PP. If anyone on the BY believes that 7 wins will still lose PP's job, I have land in the Everglades to sell them...

Reaction Score
Deep down inside, he still loves UConn. There's no doubt in my mind about that. What person, sane or insane, would so closely follow the recruiting habits of a school if they didn't love the school? But HFD also believes that if he can somehow "turn the tide" on the Boneyard and drum up support here that the administration would HAVE to do a 180 degree turnaround with all of their logo and marketing changes. Well, I'm here to tell him that he's wrong about that. I wish to God that he was right, because I would help him, but he's wrong.

He's also wrong about the 9-game minimum for PP. If anyone on the BY believes that 7 wins will still lose PP's job, I have land in the Everglades to sell them...

He loves UConn in good times.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
So they stuck their logo on a few different color helmets. Booorrriiinnggg

Totally agree. Their symbol generally is pretty horrific. It's an out of proportion jayhawk doing the chicken dance in obnoxious colors.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Totally agree. Their symbol generally is pretty horrific. It's an out of proportion jayhawk doing the chicken dance in obnoxious colors.
Wait a second...Hold the phone...STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Are you saying that a program that gets it has clip art for a logo? For shame. 1,000 lashes with an over cooked spaghetti noodle.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Become a KS fan. Please.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Agree with disliking the UConn under the mascot (which would not have been needed if an all white design was used) but I suspect it is a one year thing.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Wait a second...Hold the phone...STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Are you saying that a program that gets it has clip art for a logo? For shame. 1,000 lashes with an over cooked spaghetti noodle.

I think you misunderstood me. Clip-art would be a step up for that train wreck.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I've liked KU since the Vaughn, Haas, Pierce, LaFrenz, Pollard days, but this made me laugh.

Reaction Score
images
At least their bird doesn't have teeth. I wonder if Louisville fans bitched when they rolled out this toothed cardinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom