Kansas State ranked. Told ya!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kansas State ranked. Told ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
And in overtime to boot! So that doesn't strike me as a bad loss. West Virginia had a bad loss. K-State could remain ranked next week.

I think KSU could very well remain in the top 25. And they have a chance to pick up a few wins before the end of the month.

WVU's loss may drop them in the polls. It's hard to lose by 35 at home and not drop a bit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think KSU could very well remain in the top 25. And they have a chance to pick up a few wins before the end of the month.

WVU's loss may drop them in the polls. It's hard to lose by 35 at home and not drop a bit.

WVU's position in the next poll will IMO depend more on how they do in their next game, when they host Oklahoma on Sunday.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Agreed that UConn would beat FSU by a larger margin now than in the beginning of the season, even with Romero back. UConn struggled a little in that game, but has been on a fast track ever since. Obviously with a loss to NC State, FSU will go down in the polls. Texas and Duke have been head scratchers! These teams are hot one day and cold the next. Not sure what to expect from them..... Baylor will be our biggest competition should we meet back up again. Most teams would have lost to UConn by a larger margin at UConn during the unveiling of the Championship banner. The first home game/banner unveiling is a huge hype for our girls and fans. That's a hard atmosphere to play in for any team.

Say what ? Duke has one loss... by 3 pts on Nov 20.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

That was my thought. I don't see a "hot, then cold" issue with Duke. It seems to me that fans don't watch enough games and rely on past performance to judge a team.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

I absolutely stand corrected! Not sure why I mentioned Duke when I was thinking KSU. Sorry about that!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Who would have thunk that one of the most important games in preserving "the streak" would be that win at FSU. UCONN was not "UCONN" yet and had Romero played I think FSU would have won that game. But FSU would not get nearly that close to UCONN now, who is much better than they were in that early season game.

I think FSU is good but I don't think they are top 4. But they will certainly have their chances to make a statement with games remaining against Notre Dame, Louisville, Duke and Texas.

Mulkey finally pulled the trigger and is now starting Kalani Brown at center. She has been the best player at that position all season and I am surprised that it took her that long to make the change. Having her in the game from the very beginning is a huge advantage for Baylor. Brown will end Big 12 play as a first team all-conference player.

And we are finally seeing the Lauren Cox that we expected to see. Early in the season she looked as confused and out of sorts as any freshman I had seen in a while but something clicked and she is now playing freely and not afraid of making mistakes. Her development is key for Baylor's season.

And I've watched Allen from ND and Alexis Jones and IMO Jones is by far the better point guard.

Another key development is the play of Alexis Prince. She is finally completely healthy and her game has become so fluid and her confidence is sky high. She will be drafted by a WNBA team and she will make the team. Her length, defense and shooting touch are better than a lot of players who are expected to be AAs this season.
You make some very good points. I hope Uconn does not have to play Baylor again unless it is in the NC game. Baylor is growing into an elite team, imo. Kind of scary. If Irwin could develop into a good inside player by tournament time I would like Uconn's chances better.

Reaction Score
You make some very good points. I hope Uconn does not have to play Baylor again unless it is in the NC game. Baylor is growing into an elite team, imo. Kind of scary. If Irwin could develop into a good inside player by tournament time I would like Uconn's chances better.

Just not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog