Kansas State Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Kansas State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not say 8 or 9 minutes in a row. Short spurts here and there. They had periods of 20 point leads. Scholarship players can't hold the fort down? I absolutely think they are both more than capable. We are not going to find out for a while.

As much as I love this team and staff, in my opinion they can not win the NC with 7. Those two have to get some meaningful time and be ready for the tourney. I thought a game with a 20 point lead with tired players on the floor would be a chance to do that.

It is back to original question. Is the streak getting to be too big a burden? If they would have lost the game because of time given to Bent or Irwin, from the NC standpoint, what does it matter?
I think that once the NCAA tournament starts, the team gets plenty of rest and opportunity to recharge their batteries. In a crazy week or two in early December, with final exams and a rigorous schedule, this might be the toughest time of the year physically and mentally. In late March, they'll have a lot of time to recuperate and build their stamina and a shorter rotation won't necessarily be much of an issue.

Reaction Score
Have to agree that the starters need a rest, even a few minutes prior to end of quarter or before a timeout. If there is another injury, no experience. As it is, starters take a quarter or so off-a sub or two would minimize this and could actually help the score.
Is it possible that Geno wanted to show his players what it might come down to if injuries or fouls force them to play all 40 minutes in March or April? I know he tries to tire them out in practice sometimes, but it can feel different in an actual game. How do you persevere when you are dead tired and the stakes are high? Geno did say after the Notre Dame game that the team had passed all exams so far. He didn't say exams were over.

Reaction Score
I think part of the issue is that of having several subs in at the same time. In the second quarter Gabby was out with fouls and of course Crystal was playing. Putting more subs would slow the team down more and be problematic at both ends of the floor. Baylor seemed slower and the team survived the sub's time though they lost ground. Perhaps Geno didn't want his tired starters to have to make another run instead of playing a bit conservatively to protect a lead.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I haven't watched the full KSU game yet, still hung over from Army finally beating Navy. Slightly puzzled by this critique and concept of these "sort burst substitutions".
Saniya (a starter) was out that is disruptive enough for the team. We are playing an undefeated team on the road in front of 13K people and some want to throw Kyla and Molly into the game a few minutes at a time= more disruption. Why? Good win by the team, next opponent for UCONN WBB is finals, then OSU.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Let's speak for a moment about the excellent Fox team.
Np extraneous crap
They call the game.
The analyst is excellent.
Understands the game and describes what's happening
Who is she?
She did a good job, very professional. Her voice reminds me of Amy Madigan, the comedian.

Nice post.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gabby just picked up her 3rd foul, which looked liked all Ball. As Geno said Refs got involved in the game and it hurting UConn.
I wonder if he will get censured for saying that.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he will get censured for saying that.
No doubt in my mind that's his intention. Fined at the very least, but it will get the attention of some who make a call or two after watching game film.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think this is a #17 to #21 team. They are very tough. If DePaul is supposed to be #15, this team is better than that. They're for real.
I think you're right, they're better than DePaul. They have a much greater variety of weapons to pose problems for opponents.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
What! He said she's one of the best in the nation and she gets a little better every day!!! Lou is so in control. She figures it out and gets about it. Geno's just afraid if he gives her a big kiss she'll go all California on him.

You don't get sarcasm? The whole interview was classic Geno... "she gets a little better every day" [pause with huge poop-eating grin] "... a LITTLE better". He can't hide how much he likes these guys but Geno gonna be Geno... we are incredibly lucky.

I thought my ":p" was pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32