Kansas St. | The Boneyard

Kansas St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Kansas St. is only on SNY? I live in Florida and Direct TV doesn't carry SNY here.

Reaction Score
It's listed on the ESPN3 schedule. They normally carry SNY games on ESPN3, subject to a local blackout.

Reaction Score
It should also be on WatchESPN/ESPN3.

I believe you can get SNY as part of a sports package on Directv.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
SNY paid a lot of money for the right to broadcast Uconn WBB - and then the AAC came along and membership requires consigning all rights to WBB to the league which sold the rights to ESPN. ESPN doesn't actually want to broadcast all of Uconn's games so they and SNY came to an agreement allowing SNY to produce and broadcast most of the games and ESPN to stream live outside of the SNY footprint and archive all of the games SNY produces. SNY has a much wider distribution than CPTV had so even with the awkwardness of the current arrangement, it is better than what came before for most people.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Being outside the U.S., we are (and were) unable to view in real time any games except the very occasional games carried on the national media and often not even them, so the day-after archives have been a godsend. Not as good as watching live, but much better than waiting six weeks for a batch of dvds to arrive! (Although we much appreciated the dvds also.)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score

Yes, that's right. You have to buy the Sports Package. This will also enable you to get many other college games from around the country.

Reaction Score
Being outside the U.S., we are (and were) unable to view in real time any games except the very occasional games carried on the national media and often not even them, so the day-after archives have been a godsend. Not as good as watching live, but much better than waiting six weeks for a batch of dvds to arrive! (Although we much appreciated the dvds also.)
Why can't you stream the SNY games on ESPN3?

Reaction Score

It is part of the Sports Pkg with Direct TV and well worth the price to watch Uconn

Reaction Score
I live in Florida and get SNY on DirecTV. Station 639...

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Kansas St. is only on SNY? I live in Florida and Direct TV doesn't carry SNY here.
I get SNY on Directv. I just got my Directv Sport Pack activated (13.99 / month) for the season (I drop it in late April). Well worth the price if I only get 1 game a month--but with multiple games --it is a steal. Not quite as good a deal as CPTV, but they never got down her to Va.
And then there is the I dont' have to hear the constant "begathons". I donated, because they were worth supporting, not because of the begs.

Reaction Score
SNY paid a lot of money for the right to broadcast Uconn WBB - and then the AAC came along and membership requires consigning all rights to WBB to the league which sold the rights to ESPN. ESPN doesn't actually want to broadcast all of Uconn's games so they and SNY came to an agreement allowing SNY to produce and broadcast most of the games and ESPN to stream live outside of the SNY footprint and archive all of the games SNY produces. SNY has a much wider distribution than CPTV had so even with the awkwardness of the current arrangement, it is better than what came before for most people.
I complained a few years back that Direct Tv didn't broadcast the CPTV game, even though the signal was on the same Satellite as most of my programming. The answer was the FCC would not allow it to be broadcast because Sponsors in Ct were not available where I lived. But I get Chicago restaurants and stores regularly on programs and they are 500 miles further from me than Hartford. So it is bull pucky.
We all realize that in the not too distant future you will be allowed to pick and choose any station on your TV.
Politics or economics? Or both..

Reaction Score
If you have Verizon FIOS, you can get SNY as part of the "Ultimate" package. Trouble is that the Ultimate package costs a whole lot more than the modest "Custom" one to which I subscribe during the rest of the year. I wind up with a bunch of stuff I can do w/out, but Verizon doesn't care about that. In the future, I hope subscribers will be able to select what they want to watch and have to pay only for those selections. Things, I believe, are moving in that direction. For now, watching UConn games on SNY is a pricey proposition. No wonder consumers are mad as hell and not (likely) to take it much longer . . .

Reaction Score
It is part of the Sports Pkg with Direct TV and well worth the price to watch Uconn
Getting almost everything using Direct TV. SNY comes in loud and clear. It's friggin great. ESPN3 tho is an elite station and is expensive to get.
I'm just bummed about seeing most of the Patriots games costing 49.99 to watch on DirectTv now. That's a kick in the but.

Reaction Score
If you have Verizon FIOS, you can get SNY as part of the "Ultimate" package. Trouble is that the Ultimate package costs a whole lot more than the modest "Custom" one to which I subscribe during the rest of the year. I wind up with a bunch of stuff I can do w/out, but Verizon doesn't care about that. In the future, I hope subscribers will be able to select what they want to watch and have to pay only for those selections. Things, I believe, are moving in that direction. For now, watching UConn games on SNY is a pricey proposition. No wonder consumers are mad as hell and not (likely) to take it much longer . . .
I have the same set up, Verizon Fios, and yes it is pricey, but, I will pay to watch Uconn......

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'm in St. Louis and I have Uverse. It shows at 6:00 p.m. tomorrow Kansas State at UCONN men. That could not be correct because the Kansas State men are playing Missouri. I believe that should read K State women Playing UCONN women. The station # is 615 ECE2.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Getting almost everything using Direct TV. SNY comes in loud and clear. It's friggin great. ESPN3 tho is an elite station and is expensive to get.
I'm just bummed about seeing most of the Patriots games costing 49.99 to watch on DirectTv now. That's a kick in the but.
If you have Directv, you should be able to get ESPN3 for free.

Reaction Score
Voepel's Kansas State game preview, including her thumbnail sketch on the Leticia Romero thing (very small thumbnail - doesn't even mention she's from Spain). Small excerpt re. Jeff Mittie's involvement:

"Romero battled the K-State athletic department for a release, which brought negative publicity to the school. Mittie was essentially caught in the middle: He realized it was best for his program to move on, but he also needed to support the administration that had just hired him."

http://espn.go.com/ncw/story/_/id/1...es-helps-keep-kansas-state-wildcats-motivated

Reaction Score

You can but in my area in Texas they are currently under negotiations and i don't have SNY even though I had it last season. UGH....

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Here in the Albuquerque area, I have Directv's sports package in order to get SNY so that I can see the UConn games. But as a baseball fan (Dodgers, obviously), I also need the sports package in order to see the games when the Dodgers play the Rockies (who are otherwise blacked out on MLB Extra Innings here) on ROOT sports. On the other hand, the Arizona Diamondbacks' games are blacked out totally on Directv. Strangely, my brother here has Comcast cable and gets the Diamondbacks games. I have yet to get a decent explanation for this.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
You can but in my area in Texas they are currently under negotiations and i don't have SNY even though I had it last season. UGH....

As pointed out in an earlier post(s), UConn games are likely to be broadcast on ESPN3. I know today's Kansas State game is definitely on. I have the latest Apple TV which includes WatchESPN, making it easy to view ESPN3. So today at least I know I can watch UConn and KS on either SNY or ESPN3.

Reaction Score
If you have Directv, you should be able to get ESPN3 for free.
Nope. Tried and tried and tried. Completely different programs and isolated from each other. No joy. Takes a separate subscription entirely.
I have SNY Espn 1 thru z, but no 3. Contacted ESPN and DTv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom