Kansas Scouting Report | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kansas Scouting Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully we get several players to "step and play way over their heads" maybe then we will be able to keep it close against the all mighty college powerhouse Kansas

Reaction Score
Kansas isn't great arty stopping gourds that get into the lane a lot. We need to not settle for 3s. Get into the lane, get them into foul trouble, and get some points at the ft line.

Of course we need or defense firing on all cylinders too.

The edge I like for us is the mental. I think our guys are feeling themselves and ready for Kansas. I think March magic has us feeling like we are peaking when it matters most.... Kansas I think will be thinking about our March magic runs and about how making it past the second round hasn't happened the last 2 years for them.

If they are tense, nervous and not playing their game and we are relaxed and confident then good things are going to happen for us. Exciting game for us, nothing to lose.

caw

Reaction Score
Kansas isn't great arty stopping gourds that get into the lane a lot. We need to not settle for 3s. Get into the lane, get them into foul trouble, and get some points at the ft line.

Of course we need or defense firing on all cylinders too.

The edge I like for us is the mental. I think our guys are feeling themselves and ready for Kansas. I think March magic has us feeling like we are peaking when it matters most.... Kansas I think will be thinking about our March magic runs and about how making it past the second round hasn't happened the last 2 years for them.

If they are tense, nervous and not playing their game and we are relaxed and confident then good things are going to happen for us. Exciting game for us, nothing to lose.

I like pumpkins more than gourds.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We're ranked 23rd on KenPom. I get that Kansas is good, but you guys have choked A LOT in the tournament under Self.
To be fair to Billy, they also choked a lot under Roy.

Reaction Score
I think the big thing uconn needs to take advantage of is their size on the perimeter, Kansas 1-4 is 5'11,6'0,6'3,6'7 , uconns is 6'0,6'4,6'8,6'7.

When you watch Kansas they are such a good defensive team , but if there was a weakness it's that the Back court is tiny. Mason reminds me a lot of Shane Larkin , he isn't a great Iso player but does a lot of probing as a speedster. The guy we can't lose track of is ex uconn target devontae graham, he is their best shooter who will log serious tick but he can also split doubles and attack in transition.

Matchups will be interesting , I hope KO puts purvis on selden and Hamilton on graham .

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Look, to say that UConn players will have to play better and with more consistency to play with Kansas sounds pretty true to me. The good thing is that our Huskies are the closest they have been to being ready to put together a more complete game.

Let's not be dicks to Beak, who is the all-time best Boneyard visitor and sort of honorary Boneyarder (despite poor choice on where to live and who to root for).

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Let's not be dicks to Beak, who is the all-time best Boneyard visitor and sort of honorary Boneyarder (despite poor choice on where to live and who to root for).
In his defense, I would not want to be part of any club who accepts me as a member too. Moreover, when the war crimes tribunal comes for us, we can say it was all Beakum's idea!

Reaction Score
The guy we can't lose track of is ex uconn target devontae graham, he is their best shooter who will log serious tick but he can also split doubles and attack in transition.

You want to put Hamilton on a guy we can't lose track of?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Especially when he's right. We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

Reaction Score
You want to put Hamilton on a guy we can't lose track of?
He was great vs George king, but really I'm unsure how the match ups will pan out. I think purv and Hamilton will be fine defensively today , I'm looking for sterling to play big today. He's got to stop the point of attack , Mason is one shifty dude and really darts around the court like a pinball.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Just turned on the UConn women's game. A minute and a half left in the first half and UConn's up 60-15.

I'm resigned to accept that there will be a similar score when our men play Kansas, unfortunately we'll be Robert Morris in that game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I expected some semi-intelligent conversation in this thread. I was obviously waaaaaay wrong.What the hell happened to the Boneyard I used to know?

Meh, that comment above is a little trolly, notwithstanding that Beakumhawks is a good guy even with his shark phobia.

Still, if Beakum is getting panties in a bunch over a bunch of Doomed posts, he's been away from the board too long.
upload_2016-3-19_14-45-15.png

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Meh, that comment above is a little trolly, notwithstanding that Beakumhawks is a good guy even with his shark phobia.

Still, if Beakum is getting panties in a bunch over a bunch of Doomed posts, he's been away from the board too long.
View attachment 12659
Land locked tornado worshippers just can never understand the allure of the great apex predator of the sea.
The jay squawks are going to be running scared tonight like Beakum on a August day on a Chatham beach.
The Jayhawks should change their mascot to a seal.

Reaction Score
Land locked tornado worshippers just can never understand the allure of the great apex predator of the sea.
The jay squawks are going to be running scared tonight like Beakum on a August day on a Chatham beach.
Shut up and eat your mojo sandwich, Commie!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Shut up and eat the Mojo sandwich, commie.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

A28_trump_bassett_550.jpg

SHUT UP AND EAT THE MOJO SANDWICH, COMMIE!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's not awful. It's a great belt. It's a really, really excellent belt. This belt is made by winners, and soon we will all have just great jobs making winning belts,

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom