Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I have no idea what how I wrote relates to being a first rouns pick or not.

I don't think Alex will be drafted in the first round ever. Love the guy but not built for the league IMO.
You didn't. Others have. My fault for not clarifying.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Dickinson shot 6/12 with him going 3/4 from three. He went 3/8 from two. Clingan did a great job on him. Once we settled down and ran better offense it limited Dickinson’s open looks. Clignan like Dickinson, almost had a double double. Great game for the young kid

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Anyone know the guy that was wearing the Whalers/ Huskies combo hoodie ? Was Awesome
I fast forwarded through several pages here and was going to ask which Boneyarder was wearing that and where I could get one.

Disappointed with the outcome but could have gone a lot worse. Tristen needed help from at least ONE more teammate. They should all be parked in the gym shooting free throws today. We win that game on a neutral court….

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
Upset we lost, and I’ll be thinking about Diarra running around the court for 20 seconds up 5 all day today, but we played like absolute garbage 1H and still had a chance to win the game. Tough environment, only helps down the road. Neutral court, no problem…

Reaction Score
Exciting game.
Most posting on here have no idea what they are talking about or just " Providence" trolls.
I thought our kids played their asses off and was one shot going in from winning the game.
Posters never give credit to the opposition playing great defense in front of insane crowd.
UCONN showed a toughness that will serve them well on our way to #6.

Reaction Score
Tough loss, winnable games with so many things which we can be better at. Lots to talk about but the key for me is health, little things happened which when they wake up today could be worse. Let’s hope not.

Tristen was phenomenal, unbelievable. What about when he’s not? This game made me a bit nervous knowing we need people to step up. Spencer definitely tweaked his foot he has an excuse, tougher it out. But Alex, minus a spurt, needs to step up. Solo didn’t play awful but his impact overall was minimal. They’ll be fine lots more learning coming Tuesday for both us and them.

McCullar hit 3 huge threes daggers. Dickinson hit 3 of 4 can’t really stop him from shooting those. Besides that he and Donovan battled hard. Kudos to Dickinson in the post game line gave DC a big hug and chatted S well much respect from both. Furphy made a couple too they shot it well for them. We played some crappy lane defense a few times letting Adam’s too close to the basket, kid can’t shoot outside 5 feet need to move him. Not sure we have that guy.

Just watched the Self post game, once again he’s a really good interview plenty of respect to UConn, the staff and program.

Tuesday is interesting they’re going to want to play a different game than the grind it out we saw last night. Will we play in the 90s with them or try to make them play defense in the half court more than they like? Hope everyone is healthy and we get Stephon back.

Reaction Score
Tristen single handedly carried the team, very impressive.

Not worried about the team, didn’t play well, and nearly pulled it off if Spencer’s shot had fallen.
Spencer was short on all his threes do to his foot. The only one i recall him making was a fast break 3 where he has momentum.

Poe

Reaction Score
Spencer was short on all his threes do to his foot. The only one i recall him making was a fast break 3 where he has momentum.

I’m pretty sure if he doesn’t injure his foot he doesn’t miss 10 shots and the outcome is different. Clearly his shot was impacted as was his overall game. I respect that he battled through it, tough kid and clearly he wanted to do all he could to win.

Better games ahead for Cam, particularly when Castle comes back and AK gets back in a groove. The basket is going to look like an ocean.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Hurley can’t win close games. He’s something like 2-23 now. This is a pattern and it’s not acceptable. On the bright side, if Castle had played we probably win by 10.
Played out like the 20 minutes nonsense!

Reaction Score
And several phantom fouls
Some were a bit ticky tack but I’m not sure I can really fault most of the calls. Adams got into his body and forced the refs to make a 50/50 call. Was just a really tough matchup for Karaban.

Reaction Score
That was the kind of game where an Ajax and Adama makes a difference. Adama would have destroyed Disckensin and worn him down to nothing. Ajax was just a huge X factor and special on the floor.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Some were a bit ticky tack but I’m not sure I can really fault most of the calls. Adams got into his body and forced the refs to make a 50/50 call. Was just a really tough matchup for Karaban.

Adams going up for the alley oop and Karaban getting called for the foul for touching the ball, Kansas scores 2. Our next trip down the floor Karaban gets mauled under the basket no call Kansas goes down and scores. Completely changed the momentum

Reaction Score
of course we all ( us guys , the good guys UConn fans) wanted a victory. Yes we lost lost Triston carried us as anyone who watched knows that. It was not enough, the team just did not have it last night. As I said last night use this as an ALE - A Learning Experience. The team did not crawl into the corner and go into a fetal position waiting for the buzzer. We had a few very few games like that last year a championship year. There were even self appointed Jebonees last year who believe in their mini minds of exaggerated wisdom and intelligence that they can out coach Hurley who wanted to fire Hurley. Hey this a different team a new season as are other teams so our duty is to support our Huskies and let’s enjoy this season. Those who want to fire Hurley already go away go far away and support some schamburger team such as BC and let us enjoy our Huskies.

Reaction Score
Best loss we can ask for. No. Shame
One thing I‘ve said for awhile now, is UConn is not well liked by referee crews around the country. We just don’t get good games called, especially on the road. Frankly at critical moments the refs stuck a fork in us, one was Karaban’s mystery 4th foul and the one where I think Johnson was tackled from behind on a loose ball. All critical calls went their way.

But I am not complaining? You know why?

It makes us tougher because that sh@t doesn’t happen in the NCAA Tourney. How does UConn win tourney as low seed? Because we play 7 on 5 a good part of the season and then we go in and kill it in the tourney.

And actually, for Kansas, don ‘t think that home cooking toughens them up - seemed like a good thing to win - but maybe not really????

I could care less we lost - on we go - let’s practice FT under pressure and last second shots when you’re down by 2 (newsflash we didn’t need that 3 from Spencer / Clingan had a dunk there.)

Reaction Score
Need to run higher percentage of clingan on the block, especially if kamsas overplaying perimeter.

7-2 guy shouldnt playmajority of sets at top of key when we are struggling to run the 5 out set. They were just switching on all our handoff weave action. Driving, backdoor cutting, posting up was needed. But we feed donovan last game, & then he only gets 8 shots tonight.
Of course, last game there was a literal 6’7” mid-major guy guarding Clingan. An all-American candidate 7’ guy last night. Maybe there’s a difference there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom