Kansas Post Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
They ran two guys at him. Let’s try to work in reality.
That didn’t stop him all game….,the REALITY is that Tristen made shots all game and Cam didn’t. So you want the guy shooting that DIDNT make them?

Smart

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
People’s expectations on Clingan should’ve been tempered prior to the season
I thought he did fine given there is no way he is 100%. By the end of the year he is going to be a beast. Kansas did not win because of HD. It was as we thought. McCullers was a match up nightmare without SC. And Adams was athletic enough and big enough to give AK issues. Cam hurting his foot contributed.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget Samson getting tackled and the ref not calling a foul.

But we can blame the refs all we want, our leading scorer didn't deliver, we missed free throws and one of our starters followed out, I think it's safe to say that UConn lost this game but knowing Hurley he will take everything about this loss and fix it
Didn’t deliver do to what is at least a sprain, if not a fracture in his foot… so if your the guy that yells at little leaguers to play harder . I see your point.

Reaction Score
Incredible fight from Huskies & grat road game learning experience for this team. Will pay huge dividends over time.
I don’t get this argument, how does losing a big game on the road pay off over time? Did losing at creighton or at Marquette prepare us for the tournament last year? We won cuz we got on a roll and got out of the BE BS

Reaction Score
Kansas is not that good.. Maybe top 10.. We're at about top 5. We should not get too ahead of ourselves. Playing at the Phog was the best expreience, but we have a long way to go.
But we did lose.

Reaction Score
Realistically speaking, the team is not nearly as athletic as last year and a step slower. It’s shows against a top quality opponent. Not much to like beyond Newton playing lights out. Offense was atrocious with little ball movement or player cutting. The D was poor the first half, but the effort picked up in the 2nd and they competed. AK, Clingan, Spencer, Samson did little to help us out. Long season ahead to hopefully improve but I don’t think we have the horses to carry us to another title unless Castle gets going and Ball come along and develops into a much more dynamic player.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I’m sad we wasted the best game of Newtons life for us. He deserved better from his teammates.
I'll bet that's not how TN looks at it. But thanks Eeyore

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t get this argument, how does losing a big game on the road pay off over time? Did losing at creighton or at Marquette prepare us for the tournament last year? We won cuz we got on a roll and got out of the BE BS
Because you learn from your mistakes. You work on your exposed weaknesses. And you build on the positives.

Reaction Score
Hate the loss, kind of love the game. This was always penciled in as a loss for me. We were impacted by the hostile environment from the jump. We settled in and almost took a stranglehold on that game in the second half. Kudos to Kansas, they hit a bunch of big shots the whole game and when it mattered.

I've honestly never felt so great about a loss. I watched it with one Kanas fan in the group and he was like yeah, I don't want to face you again.

My other Kansas buddy I didn't watch with basically said UConn will run them out of the building if they meet again.

We're really good and gonna get a whole lot better.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
You get shown your weaknesses in real live game action. You put that material on film. And guess what, our world class coaching staff makes our guys better.

Did Johnny Sr. ever help you learn from your mistakes?

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley coached a pretty good game. We were clearly out of sorts from the start and his timeouts in the first half seemed to settle us a bit until we let the crowd get into our heads again.

We looked much better in the 2nd half and as a former member of the "Hurley can't win a close game" crowd, I thought the last few minutes were great. We got the shot to win the game and we didn't hit it. I don't love Spencer taking it because he's clearly very hurt but if we get the same look in March I bet he hits it.

You can live with coming out of Allen with a loss that comes down to the last shot, but leaving with the injuries could spell trouble. Our bench is not ready.

Reaction Score
Because you learn from your mistakes. You work on your exposed weaknesses. And you build on the positives.
You also get exposure to playing in one of the most hostile environments in college basketball. I don't think any Big East arena can come close to Phog. UConn got punched in the face in the first 10 minutes. They got their feet back in the next 10 minutes. They played well for the next 18.5 minutes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Our front court will have to figure it out. We need 25-30+ from it. Hurley and Karaban will need to figure out how to defend the four going forward. It was an issue last year and continues to be this year.

We can’t have Newton being our best rebounder.

Reaction Score
For sure... Don't think we had any TOs and TN found an open guy. Just wish there was a way to get Tristan a look as Cam had no shot at hitting that with his foot. He was short on everything all game.
Cam took the shot with 5.5 seconds left. When TN passed him the ball there was plenty of time for Cam to fire a pass back to Newton who was totally unguarded at the time.

But, still amazing that UConn had a chance to win with the ball in the hands of our leading three point shooter. The foot hampered his shot all game.

Reaction Score
Ball is giving us very little. I'd have lijed to have seen them at least try to bring in someone off the bench with Spencer hobbling and nearly everyone ourside of Newton playing horribly

Reaction Score
No moral victories or injury excuses. We play to win with who we have. We lost. Refs were bad as usual, but we found other ways to lose this game. Our defensive intensity is not where it needs to be to win this type of game. UConn will be fine. Our players are heroes. Congrats to Kansas.

Reaction Score
Ball is giving us very little. I'd have lijed to have seen them at least try to bring in someone off the bench with Spencer hobbling and nearly everyone ourside of Newton playing horribly
I agree DH maybe could've given Stewart and Ross a couple of minutes to see if they're up for the moment, but with Karaban, Spencer, and Clingan having bad games there wasn't much left in terms of reliable scoring.

Orc

Reaction Score
Kansas isnt trash this was their B game but its pretty clear they got our D game and still were a late Spencer 3 from losing. He hits that and its likely they lose. Im not so much bothered by the loss as i am absolutely disappointed in Clingan and Karaban moreso Karaban. Clingan is still not 100% but Karaban still cant guard a chair and was so passive and struggling with his shot. I hope this game was a wake up call for him.
I’ve seen enough of Kansas to say that their team is poorly constructed. Dickinson is great but their guards are horrible shooters. They are my pick to get upset early in the tourney. They will not shoot over 60% from threes in a game again.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Give Stewart and Ross a chance especially given the situation. Danny needs to loosen up a little in a situation like this not be so tight. Works against you sometimes. Just my take

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom