Kansas - Florida | The Boneyard

Kansas - Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why are they talking up Kansas's schedule and not Florida's? Florida's schedule is just s tough.

Also, when people say that Florida is depleted, do they realize that when Walker comes back he'll displace Finney-Smith? One of Florida's top players? Because Prather isn't sitting. Neither is Frazier, and Hill isn't playing over Wilbekin.

Florida will have more depth when Walker comes back, but they already have that at PF with Yeguete.

I don't expect a huge change in Florida's play with the addition of Walker.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
FL is absolutely killing them on both ends. 21-0 run. KU looks like a joke

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Florida's 1-3-1 defense is legit. Their guys are big, quick, long, and disruptive.

Their 1-3-1 gave our guards fits and we have some pretty good guards. Looks like that is really going to be their staple. Impressive team defensively.

That could look like a great win for us come March

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Florida's 1-3-1 defense is legit. Their guys are big, quick, long, and disruptive.

Their 1-3-1 gave our guards fits and we have some pretty good guards. Looks like that is really going to be their staple. Impressive team defensively.

That could look like a great win for us come March

Funny, I thought I read FL sucked somewhere

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Duke Vitale: "Wiggins... Wiggins... Give the ball to Wiggins... Wiggins is amazing... Wiggins Wiggins Wiggins..." Dickie V give it a rest. smh :rolleyes:

caw

Reaction Score
To be fair Kasey Hill is back and dominating...sarcasm...though he will be big down the road.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
You masochists......Dude's just become a caricature of himself, which was already a caricature. I actually prefer watching at the bar so I don't have to torture myself listening to him AND I don't have to pay for anything beyond basic cable.

I used to not mind him, but now every basket is followed by the same babbling. I miss Raf. Too bad he's with the Big Least (actually deserve that nickname now).

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I never understood people chanting "overrated" when they're crushing a ranked team if they are also a ranked team. You're downplaying yourself if you're saying "you guys suck".

I feel like that was directed specifically at Wiggins

Reaction Score
2 refs right next to Young guarding Embiid. Not only does Young not touch Embiid, but Young doesn't even touch the ball. 2 refs on the baseline call nothing. Ref across court and near halfcourt 45 feet away calls the foul. Embiid gets 2, Young gets his 3rd foul.

Reaction Score
This is a must-have for Florida. They badly need a marquee out-of-conference win heading into a weak SEC season.

And by extension, it would buoy our RPI and improve the perception of our "quality wins" if Florida is able to hang on and remain in the top 25.

Reaction Score
Why are they talking up Kansas's schedule and not Florida's? Florida's schedule is just s tough.

Also, when people say that Florida is depleted, do they realize that when Walker comes back he'll displace Finney-Smith? One of Florida's top players? Because Prather isn't sitting. Neither is Frazier, and Hill isn't playing over Wilbekin.

Florida will have more depth when Walker comes back, but they already have that at PF with Yeguete.

I don't expect a huge change in Florida's play with the addition of Walker.

I don't agree. Chis Walker is really, really good - if the scouting reports are accurate, he's maybe a half-step below Parker and Randle, and right on par with guys like Vonleh and Gordon. Florida is a discipline, intelligent team with depth in the front court, play makers at the guard position, and a Hall of Fame coach. Add Walker to the mix, and that could be the difference between another elite eight appearance and a national championship type team.

Reaction Score
I don't agree. Chis Walker is really, really good - if the scouting reports are accurate, he's maybe a half-step below Parker and Randle, and right on par with guys like Vonleh and Gordon. Florida is a discipline, intelligent team with depth in the front court, play makers at the guard position, and a Hall of Fame coach. Add Walker to the mix, and that could be the difference between another elite eight appearance and a national championship type team.

Well, then Finney-Smith sits. The guy who is leading them in a victory over Kansas tonight. Don't get me wrong. Walker is a big talent. But he's a freshman. And if he's really going to displace Finney-Smith, well it's not going to be a big improvement.

Reaction Score
I remember during the summer Tarik Black was a pretty big recruit over the summer as a grad transfer, with KU and Duke both going hard for his services since they were short on size, despite him being an underachiever at Memphis. Dude doesn't give Kansas anything.

Reaction Score
I remember during the summer Tarik Black was a pretty big recruit over the summer as a grad transfer, with KU and Duke both going hard for his services since they were short on size, despite him being an underachiever at Memphis. Dude doesn't give Kansas anything.
Speaking of giving them nothing, Kansas gets nothing from Naadir Tharpe. I don't see Kansas doing anything unless they can somehow find some decent point guard play and outside shooting is also a glaring weakness.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Well, then Finney-Smith sits. The guy who is leading them in a victory over Kansas tonight. Don't get me wrong. Walker is a big talent. But he's a freshman. And if he's really going to displace Finney-Smith, well it's not going to be a big improvement.

Walker is a good bit better than Finney-Smith, IMO. He played well tonight, but he didn't lead them to victory by any means - that was Scottie Wilbekin. On the year, Finney-Smith shoots 36% from the floor. Small sample size, granted, but I think you may be over-estimating the type of player he is right now. Walker is an instant impact, two-way force. Finney-Smith is more of the Omar Calhoun variety right now - great talent, flashes of greatness, but not consistent enough to be much more than a rotation player at the current moment.

caw

Reaction Score
Speaking of giving them nothing, Kansas gets nothing from Naadir Tharpe. I don't see Kansas doing anything unless they can somehow find some decent point guard play and outside shooting is also a glaring weakness.

He is severely underwhelming. He and Napier were once very closely ranked together back in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom