Kansas @ Baylor 2/17/18 | The Boneyard

Kansas @ Baylor 2/17/18

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
2PM, televised on Fox Sports, SUN (653 on DirecTV)

Kay Yow game, Kim in her dress Wranglers.

Hope that I am not stealing @Shades' thunder...

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
End of 1st quarter, Baylor up 25-13. Cox on the bench with 2 fouls.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
End of 1st half , Baylor 47 - 31. Brown on the bench with 2 fouls. Wallace is dropping in a bunch of 3s, I think 4 already.

My last game info as I will not be watching the game any longer (and because there's too much interest in the thread).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just caught this thread. Since game is not on major FOX (FS1 or FS2), I dont get it. Clearly Wallace is on a mission. It seems she is the biggest difference. Very competitive. Cox seems up and down and both Brown / Cox can get into foul trouble.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Clearly Wallace is on a mission. It seems she is the biggest difference

She's also Baylor's most improved player. A true go-to scorer that she never was as an underclassmen. I don't think you see very much development among the Baylor players, I do not think Griner or Sims or any if their other stars developed into a completely different player. They came there pretty nasty and left with a championship.

But KW really made a mark. Very very good for her. I don't support Baylor but I DO support any player that wants to make her game an improvement. She worked for it.

I can be the first to say I would have thought she would be riding the bench this year based on her skills as a freshman. Glad I'm wrong.

Don't take this as a shout out to Kim, although I do think credit is deserved her way.

Reaction Score
Baylor kickin' butt n takin' names here. Wallace is outstanding! This is the team that presents by far the most challenging matchup problems for UConn.

Reaction Score
Baylor kickin' butt n takin' names here. Wallace is outstanding! This is the team that presents by far the most challenging matchup problems for UConn.
Baylor is solid. Baylor waxes every opponent they play. When it comes to NCAA Tournament, will Baylor have played enough very good, competitive teams? How competitive has the BIG12 been this year? That would be the concern for Baylor. UCONN may never get the chance to play Baylor if Baylor ends up playing one of the hot teams that has played a very competitive schedule.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think you see very much development among the Baylor players, I do not think Griner or Sims or any if their other stars developed into a completely different player.

Sims about doubled her previous highest scoring average her Sr. year. Fr. thru Jr. year were 13.1, 14.9, 12.9, then ballooned to 28.5 as a Sr. Obviously a big part of that is more shot attempts, but that has to be some growth as a player doesn't it?

Reaction Score
Sims about doubled her previous highest scoring average her Sr. year. Fr. thru Jr. year were 13.1, 14.9, 12.9, then ballooned to 28.5 as a Sr. Obviously a big part of that is more shot attempts, but that has to be some growth as a player doesn't it?
Difference was Sims didn't have Griner her senior year.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Baylor is solid. Baylor waxes every opponent they play. When it comes to NCAA Tournament, will Baylor have played enough very good, competitive teams? How competitive has the BIG12 been this year? That would be the concern for Baylor. UCONN may never get the chance to play Baylor if Baylor ends up playing one of the hot teams that has played a very competitive schedule.

Baylor is on track to have the seventh best strength of schedule in the nation, so that means are only five potential teams they can play other than UConn.

Stanford is one of those teams, nut given the loss to California I don't know whether you would call them hot. It doesn't matter, because Stanford isn't going to stop Baylor from progressing.

Texas is played a more competitive schedule but it doesn't look likely that Texas is going to stand in the way of Baylor moving on.

UCLA has played a more competitive schedule but they can't even beat Oregon State — they aren't going to stop Baylor.

Oklahoma has played a more competitive schedule then Baylor but they are going to stop Baylor in your wildest dream.

Notre Dame is played a more competitive schedule and they might, just might beat Baylor but my money would be on Baylor.

I think that's it. Those are the only teams that have played a more competitive schedule than Baylor. Which one do you think is hot and will stop Baylor?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA has played a more competitive schedule but they can't even beat Oregon State

That seems a bit insulting to Oregon St. They've lost two home games all year--Notre Dame and Stanford, by a combined 8 points. Corvallis isn't the easiest place to go and walk out with a W.

Reaction Score
Baylor is on track to have the seventh best strength of schedule in the nation, so that means are only five potential teams they can play other than UConn.

Stanford is one of those teams, nut given the loss to California I don't know whether you would call them hot. It doesn't matter, because Stanford isn't going to stop Baylor from progressing.

Texas is played a more competitive schedule but it doesn't look likely that Texas is going to stand in the way of Baylor moving on.

UCLA has played a more competitive schedule but they can't even beat Oregon State — they aren't going to stop Baylor.

Oklahoma has played a more competitive schedule then Baylor but they are going to stop Baylor in your wildest dream.

Notre Dame is played a more competitive schedule and they might, just might beat Baylor but my money would be on Baylor.

I think that's it. Those are the only teams that have played a more competitive schedule than Baylor. Which one do you think is hot and will stop Baylor?
You do remember that Baylor lost to Oregon State a few years back in NCAA Tournament? There are 3-4 teams in the PAC12 that could beat Baylor on any given night. Not to mention a few other teams around the country.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

Idk...it warrants discussion. But IMO that's more so bc Griner left. Look I think Sims was one nasty PG. She was friggin awesome I'm not taking anything away from her. Shhhh don't tell but I really really liked that 40 and 0 team that one year....:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom