Kansas and Bill Self | The Boneyard

Kansas and Bill Self

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
now josh jackson arranged for court. How many times do Kansas players get into off the court incidents and yet Kansas and bill self get a pass every time

Reaction Score
now josh jackson arranged for court. How many times do Kansas players get into off the court incidents and yet Kansas and bill self get a pass every time

Here's the deal, even I get sweeping it under the rug. I have KU to won it all which they can't do without Josh Jackson. Let him play and worry about these small details after the tourney huh? LOL

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Reaction Score
When Dan Dakich of all people is the voice of reason saying "hey when are we gonna take a closer look at what's going on in Lawrence" you know you're through the looking glass. If I hear another story praising these kids and Self for using the court as their "sanctuary" and "staying focused" my head's going to explode.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Just searched online and couldn't find anything that said he is arraigned for court. Link?

Reaction Score
Really? Here's the poop according to people that were at the incident.

Jackson was at a bar with a teammate. Yeah, the kid was too young to be in a bar, but forget about that. His teammate was dancing with his new girlfriend and saw his old girlfriend there. His old girlfriend is a member of the KU women's hoops team. The ex girlfriend got pissed off and threw a drink in Jackson's face. She ran out to her car with another person. They started to back out of the parking lot and Jackson came up and starting banging on the window, saying he was going to kick her ass. The only thing that got hurt was the car. Fast forward one month and this girl's playing time has been significantly cut, so she decides to report the incident. Her dad claims that her playing time was cut due to this incident, but I tend to believe that it was probably cut because she is s shooting guard who had three times as many turnovers as assists and was shooting less than 20% from three.

Her dad is raising a stink about this, talking to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen, except the KU athletic department. Kansas has not addressed the specific issues, primarily because the girl has not signed a release giving them permission to talk. So all you are getting is her side of the story. Jackson was charged with a misdemeanor, and has offered to pay for the damages. In the other incident you are probably referring to, Carlton Bragg was arrested earlier in the year and charged with Battery for allegedly hitting a woman. The KC media and sports talk shows went nuts over the whole thing. Charges were dropped after video came out showing the woman lied, and that she was actually the one who assaulted Bragg. So yeah, the program is out of control.

Reaction Score

Jackson was at a bar with a teammate. Yeah, the kid was too young to be in a bar, but forget about that. His teammate was dancing with his new girlfriend and saw his old girlfriend there. His old girlfriend is a member of the KU women's hoops team. The ex girlfriend got pissed off and threw a drink in Jackson's face. She ran out to her car with another person. They started to back out of the parking lot and Jackson came up and starting banging on the window, saying he was going to kick her ass. The only thing that got hurt was the car. Fast forward one month and this girl's playing time has been significantly cut, so she decides to report the incident. Her dad claims that her playing time was cut due to this incident, but I tend to believe that it was probably cut because she is s shooting guard who had three times as many turnovers as assists and was shooting less than 20% from three.

Her dad is raising a stink about this, talking to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen, except the KU athletic department. Kansas has not addressed the specific issues, primarily because the girl has not signed a release giving them permission to talk. So all you are getting is her side of the story. Jackson was charged with a misdemeanor, and has offered to pay for the damages. In the other incident you are probably referring to, Carlton Bragg was arrested earlier in the year and charged with Battery for allegedly hitting a woman. The KC media and sports talk shows went nuts over the whole thing. Charges were dropped after video came out showing the woman lied, and that she was actually the one who assaulted Bragg. So yeah, the program is out of control.
Wasn't there some underage girl who was reportedly assaulted/raped at the KU dormitory that houses the basketball team? Or is that the Bragg thing?

Reaction Score

Well, there's that rape investigation too.

This is a very bad look for you.

Reaction Score
The rape thing apparently involves an underage girl who was allegedly raped at a dorm that houses the basketball players as well as other student athletes. Nobody has been charged in that one, and there are not allegations that any of the KU players were involved.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When Dan Dakich of all people is the voice of reason saying "hey when are we gonna take a closer look at what's going on in Lawrence" you know you're through the looking glass. If I hear another story praising these kids and Self for using the court as their "sanctuary" and "staying focused" my head's going to explode.
Nothing happened to Louisville & NC even less will happen to Kansas. They aren't UConn rules don't apply to them.

Man the difference between basketball royalty (KU/UNC et al) and say...us, is astronomical. These guys just skate.

I know people don't like or subscribe to the idea of different rules/standards for different programs, but come on. It ain't hard to see. And yes, it make's me bitter.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
She ran out to her car with another person. They started to back out of the parking lot and Jackson came up and starting banging on the window, saying he was going to kick her ass. The only thing that got hurt was the car. Fast forward one month and this girl's playing time has been significantly cut, so she decides to report the incident.

That's not an issue for you guys? People would be going nuclear up here if that happened. Especially in the socio-cultural climate we currently inhabit.

Reaction Score

Jackson was at a bar with a teammate. Yeah, the kid was too young to be in a bar, but forget about that. His teammate was dancing with his new girlfriend and saw his old girlfriend there. His old girlfriend is a member of the KU women's hoops team.

And a Title IX investigation has previously found that this teammate - Lagerald Vick - had previously punched her and kicked her in the face, right? Was that over playing time?

Reaction Score
I guess you folks are going to believe what you want to believe. My point was that you are only hearing one side of the story, Kansas cannot publicly comment because this gal will not sign a waiver. But by all means keep thinking what you want to think.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I guess you folks are going to believe what you want to believe. My point was that you are only hearing one side of the story, Kansas cannot publicly comment because this gal will not sign a waiver. But by all means keep thinking what you want to think.
Wrong tactic.
What you need to do is first say that UConn was indeed totally screwed on the APR thing.
Then, restate that KU's situation is nothing like at UNC & Syracuse, both of whom should have NCs vacated, and further that the Tar Heels are due a punishment in proportion to how long the investigation is taking.

Reaction Score
Nothing happened to Louisville & NC even less will happen to Kansas. They aren't UConn rules don't apply to them.

What would you like to see happen to Kansas? Whatever issues have gone on there should be handled by the law.

Reaction Score
Don't know what should happen but poster was stating the obvious that there are different rules for those programs. Uconn's deal was on ESPN daily, couldn't escape it. With so much worse situations with these schools in question you hear nothing. Just let it die out and it'll all go away.

Reaction Score
Where ever Roy Williams has been or wherever he has gone, just follow the stink and the ability to slip out of major league difficulties, control the local press, and the board of regents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom