Kalkbrenner vs Sanogo | The Boneyard

Kalkbrenner vs Sanogo

Reaction Score
Sanogo dominated that match up for sure. I just hope UConn prepares for when teams crowd the paint to deny entry passes and hope that the outside shooters are up to the task of making their 3s. Calcaterra and Alleyne look off the last few games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thread like a teacher on summer vacation...

...no class.
No, Kalk opened the door to this when he laughed at Sanogo being preseason player of the year and said that he didn’t think Adama was very good.

Not a good look to make the statement. A worse one not to back it up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If McDermott chooses to play Sanogo straight up and not make Sanogo fight through a double team for a shot or find the open shooter from the double team, Sanogo will score a bunch.

I suspect the rematch in Creighton will have a few wrinkles.

Reaction Score
This thread like a teacher on summer vacation...

...no class.
I don't know if you know this or not, but people are responding to this video at the 25 minute mark when Kalkbrenner is talking trash about UConn and Sanogo:

I know that angered people on this board, but I loved it as love and hatred builds an exciting and entertaining rivalry. The worst is when there is indifference and apathy playing the likes of Tulsa, Tulane, ECU and being lousy like in 2017 and 2018.

Reaction Score
If McDermott chooses to play Sanogo straight up and not make Sanogo fight through a double team for a shot or find the open shooter from the double team, Sanogo will score a bunch.

oh for sure. Kalkbrenner is very good player that I respect a lot, but he got destroyed today by Sanogo.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you know this or not, but people are responding to this video at the 25 minute mark when Kalkbrenner is talking trash about UConn and Sanogo:

I know that angered people on this board, but I loved it as love and hatred builds an exciting and entertaining rivalry. The worst is when there is indifference and apathy playing the likes of Tulsa, Tulane, ECU and being lousy like in 2017 and 2018.

Re-watched it. Ryan is a CLOWN

Reaction Score
I can’t believe they didn’t try to double team Sanogo more often. I’ll take it. I’d like to think going against Clingan every day made Sanogo a little more prepared for Kalkbrenner’s length. We also limited him to six shots. Man, that was a good win.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

More two bigs which hopefully will be backed up by a healthy Samson

Reaction Score
Surprised how civil everyone is being with the chance to absolutely dunk on Kalkbrenner. Must just feel bad because he got so badly embarrassed today

Was really hoping for a “who’s your daddy” chant toward the end of the game but to no avail

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kalk earned this. He clearly wanted the 1v1 matchup and let his team down. I’m guessing their coaches won’t make the same mistake next time.
They’ll go to what pc and Xavier did on defense and at the 4 position on offense.

Reaction Score

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it. He's just a college kid, but that's a bad look. Adama completely dominated him today. So much that this video is truly embarrassing for him now. I'm even happier for Adama now!

Reaction Score
This is REALLY weird to say about a player as good defensively as Ryan Kalkbrenner, but McDermott left him on an island today.

Last year Creighton had 2 defenders on Sanogo and begged somebody else to score. Sanogo got to go 1v1 for most of this game and absolutely ate Kalkbrenner alive. I guess it’s harder to guard when you have to do it alone. Who would have thought?

Kalkbrenner struggled against our drop coverage as well. He had the one alley oop and1 against Clingan but otherwise was contained the entire game. No free rim runs like last year

Reaction Score
I can’t believe they didn’t try to double team Sanogo more often. I’ll take it. I’d like to think going against Clingan every day made Sanogo a little more prepared for Kalkbrenner’s length. We also limited him to six shots. Man, that was a good win.
No one in the country can consistently defend Sanogo 1v1.

Next time we play Creighton they'll learn from their mistake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom