Kaleena!! | The Boneyard

Kaleena!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Yes, I read it and saw the HUGE accompanying photo of our girl in action. As much as we cherish Breanna and her positive
press, it's good to see a deserved focus on others of our super team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Great article. At the core of it is this statement: “We’re really good without her, but we have a chance to be great with her,” Auriemma said before the game."

KML is a warrior. What she did yesterday really moved me. If UConn wins a national championship again, I'll never forget what she's done this season and the last one.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
If I recall right, at the end of the game Geno credited Bria Hartley with turning the game around. To my eyes it was Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis who turned UConn around in the second half with her scoring, rebounds, and general play under the basket.

Reaction Score
Kaleena was the difference. Had it not been for her rebounding and scoring down low, UConn could very well be sitting home watching BYU play Texas A&M. Give BYU credit, they played an incredible game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If I recall right, at the end of the game Geno credited Bria Hartley with turning the game around. To my eyes it was Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis who turned UConn around in the second half with her scoring, rebounds, and general play under the basket.
Then in the press conference he point to K and her offensive rebounding and clutch threes as the reason.

Reaction Score
Or was it Stewie leading her team to victory in the second half? That's the take of Carolyn Peck. Granted, I watched the game on replay, but there was nary a mention of KML's dashing exploits.

Yes, I know Stewie's someone to watch, or whatever the ESPN marketing line is, but call the game, woman.

Reaction Score
Or was it Stewie leading her team to victory in the second half? That's the take of Carolyn Peck. Granted, I watched the game on replay, but there was nary a mention of KML's dashing exploits.

Yes, I know Stewie's someone to watch, or whatever the ESPN marketing line is, but call the game, woman.
Exactly. In most people's view Breanna had a substandard game (for her) though her second half performance was appreciably better than her first half. Bria came alive in the second half, as well, but as has been mentioned, it was the grit and toughness of Kaleena that won the day. She deserves a lot of kudos for her performance. Us Boneyarders know, don't we!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she was great in the NCAAs last year and was overshadowed by Stewie. She can be the 2nd best player in the country.

T

TroyHouse66

schmendrick.. et al

"... someone to watch..."
The only "problem" with this team seems to be that They are ALL the one to watch.
If you really want to do a documentary on this team, it would be expensive. There would have to be 5 isolation cameras on each of our players on the floor and two wide-angles to watch their ballet- in- motion.

I've taken to watching ESPN reruns of many other teams playing.. but without the distraction of sound.
One or two players moving... One designated "point guard" over-dribbling and waiting for someone to move out toward her... And three folks standing flat footed, gawking until something develops.

Our entire group seemed to have emerged as molded into Maya Moore fashion... Always on the move...
Sweeping dervishes, never giving the opponents a stationary target to defend against... Or a tip-off to where/ when the next hammer will strike.

The Greatest Show on Boards!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Troy - nice post. And it is why watching Louisville and Stanford and ND (even if I hate them) is enjoyable as well because they all run forms of read and react motion offenses.
I was very surprised to learn today from the interim HC of UNC that they run a 'Princeton' offense. Pete Carril must have been gobsmacked if he heard this as it has certainly changed into something unrecognizable since he practiced it at Princeton. I did see them get a back door cut once, but one back door cut does not make a Princeton offense.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom