Kahlil Whitney Transferring from UK | The Boneyard

Kahlil Whitney Transferring from UK

Reaction Score
Rothstein just announced.

Hurley needs to be all over this. Whitney is a New Jersey kid. I know he and Andre Jackson have similar playing styles but nobody ever complained about having too many freakish athletes.

Georgetown, Illinois and Oregon were the others named to his final 4 list of schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rothstein just announced.

Hurley needs to be all over this. Whitney is a New Jersey kid. I know he and Andre Jackson have similar playing styles but nobody ever complained about having too many freakish athletes.
Can he shoot and dribble? We haven't had a 6-5" to 6'-8" swing that could do both of those in quite some time.

Reaction Score
Can he shoot and dribble? We haven't had a 6-5" to 6'-8" swing that could do both of those in quite some time.
He struggled at UK, but he was the #11 recruit in the 2019 class so I'm sure he has a lot of talent.

Reaction Score
He struggled at UK, but he was the #11 recruit in the 2019 class so I'm sure he has a lot of talent.
I know he was a 5*, just wondering if he's more of a Marcus Johnson (dunker) or more of a Caron Butler (all around player). Don't know anything about his play at Kentucky, but sometimes freshmen can be freshmen and don't blossom immediately like they are required to do at UK. I'd probably take him either way, but eventually we're going to need more shooters and ball handlers than high flying dunkers. I see he's 210 and built, so some of that muscle will certainly be welcomed.

Reaction Score
I know he was a 5*, just wondering if he's more of a Marcus Johnson (dunker) or more of a Caron Butler (all around player). Don't know anything about his play at Kentucky, but sometimes freshmen can be freshmen and don't blossom immediately like they are required to do at UK. I'd probably take him either way, but eventually we're going to need more shooters and ball handlers than high flying dunkers. I see he's 210, so some of that muscle will certainly be welcomed.
From what I have seen having watched old Roselle Catholic games he seems to be an all around better version of Sid Wilson. Shoots it better, but not a deadly shooter, gets to the rim and finishes strong. I think he is a modern day 4 for us. Can stick him at the high post or occasionally on the wing.

I think the emergence of Jordan Tucker at Butler this year after transferring from Duke is proof you can't give up on these highly touted freshmen if they don't dazzle right away

Reaction Score
I read through the kid’s post, almost seems to be indicating that he’s going pro. Don’t recall anything in there explicitly stating he was transferring just that he was leaving Uk. I’m all in favor of upgrading talent, I’d just rather not go this route. I want someone who can play next year. I really think this team would benefit from adding a Grad Transfer that score the ball and shoot 3s at a decent clip.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read through the kid’s post, almost seems to be indicating that he’s going pro. Don’t recall anything in there explicitly stating he was transferring just that he was leaving Uk. I’m all in favor of upgrading talent, I’d just rather not go this route. I want someone who can play next year. I really think this team would benefit from adding a Grad Transfer that score the ball and shoot 3s at a decent clip.

definitely not going pro. at the very worst he's wilson 2.0 and you can't pass on a 5 star. if we could land cliff and khalil wow. if Grimes got an eligibility waiver for losing his spot at KU why not Khalil

Last edited:
Reaction Score
definitely not going pro. at the very worst he's wilson 2.0 you can't pass on a 5 star. if we could land cliff and khalil wow. if Grimes got an eligibility waiver for losing his spot at KU why not Khalil
As far as I know, we may have only 1 more scholarship available for next year. If that be the case you can't take Khalil and Cliff. I would take cliff. By next year, hopefully the 3 freshman (Bouk, Akok, and Gaffney), Polley returning from injury, and RJ being available we will have more 3 point threats.

Reaction Score
As far as I know, we may have only 1 more scholarship available for next year. If that be the case you can't take Khalil and Cliff. I would take cliff. By next year, hopefully the 3 freshman (Bouk, Akok, and Gaffney), Polley returning from injury, and RJ being available we will have more 3 point threats.

i've been operating under @Chief00 prediction that we have 2 more open schollys for next year, at least. but of course cliff remains the top target.

Reaction Score
definitely not going pro. at the very worst he's wilson 2.0 you can't pass on a 5 star. if we could land cliff and khalil wow. if Grimes got an eligibility waiver for losing his spot at KU why not Khalil

im not saying he’s good enough to go pro, I’m just saying no where in his letter did he explicitly state he was transferring. He might not be. I also would not want to rely on an eligibility waiver, the NCAA has no clear and true criteria as to who receives one so my guess is if this kid does transfer, he’s not getting one. The team should be better next season, but it’s hard to project how much of a jump certain players will make. I think adding a grad transfer who can make an immediate impact and score at a high level would help this team a lot. Obviously if you can get a guy like Cliff we want him. Well see if they add two guys to this team next year. I just can’t help but think when DH said they’d be “real Busy” around the spring time, he was hinting at adding more than one guy.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have enough college stats to judge his abilities so here's his 247 report from when he was a high school senior:

In the mold of a quintessential high-level NBA scoring wing. Quality height at 6-6 with strength and explosive athleticism. Proficient scorer at all three levels. Effective in transition and in the half court as a scorer. Not a distributor and prone to turn the ball over excessively. Rebounds position well and has potential as a defender. Lottery pick-type potential.

Reaction Score
definitely not going pro. at the very worst he's wilson 2.0 you can't pass on a 5 star.

Pass on him? Is there any reason to think he's been offered to us such that we can pass on him?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His splits are brutal. 37% FG. 25% from 3. 45% from the line. Maybe we take a chance, especially if he and Cliff are a package deal. But he sure doesn't look like a shooter. At 6'6" I don't know how he's a PF.

Reaction Score
You make room. Simple as that. Harsh but necessary. Hypothetically if we have the chance to land Cliff and Whitney and our coach says "No because we already have [insert untalented KO player here] using a scholarship", that'd be ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Pass on him? Is there any reason to think he's been offered to us such that we can pass on him?
gotta read the quote i was responding to for context. he said he'd rather not go the khalil route, and i meant hurley can't pass on the opportunity to land a 5 star. the implication wasn't he is ours to lose. c'mon mr. lawyer!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom