Kahlil Dukes | The Boneyard

Kahlil Dukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kahlil is a jumior in high school and from Hartford, I've seen him play a few times and he is damn good. From what I've read he has offers from a lot of mid majors and Atlantic 10 schools, Providence may have also offered recently. I am very surprised the high majors aren't coming after him yet. He is on the small side at only 5'11 but he is the whole package as a player and always seems to be improving. He is quick and has one of the quickest releases I've seen at any level and he has a complete game, the kid just carries himself like a pro, tons of saavy. I think he would be an absolute star at the mid major level but that wouldn't be fair to his game, this kid is a high major player. I really hope UConn is keeping tabs on him and eventually offers.

Reaction Score
I think he already went for 51 in a game this year as well. I am planning on at least getting to one of the kids games.

He has been the whole package for awhile and wonder if the kid jumps to a prep school for his sr year to increase his exposure and see if that helps him land some more offers.

Reaction Score
Yup he already dropped 51 and has scored at least 30 in his other games. I expect the big boys to notice him soon enough and he will be running things this summer for CBC now that Drummond and Dunn are gone, his recruitment should really pick up.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think his size and lack of hops/lenght keeps him a bit down as far as recruiting goes. i have said it before -by the time he is college bound we will have our ships bcak to full strenght, i would like for us to get him to storrs and be a 3rd pg for 2 years then get his chance.

Reaction Score
5'11" is fine at the collegiate level, I assume however that means 5'9".

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Have seen the articles in the Courant about him but haven't seen him play.
Would a fair comparison be a less athletic Boatwright?

Reaction Score
He's a kid who certainly can fill it up averaging 29 points a game as a freshman. Last year he focused on becoming a better PG and averaged half as many points. I plan on going to one of his games soon and will post my observations then.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He is a complete player. Great player. At the Doc Hurley he missed 3 straight shots in the Overtime before he hits a 3 at the buzzer to send it into another overtime. He works very hard and does whatever his team needs him to do. Freshman year he scored. Last year when they had more talent he was a PG. Now that Levy is really the PG he is scoring more again. He also has ups. He's worked on that too. He can dunk with two hands. That will also get better. I've seen him play a couple times and would not mind at all if we gave him an offer. He is a good kid and a gym rat.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I want Jaylen Brantley more than him

thats fair, but my thing is that with the usual depth of 13 ships then 3 or 4 guards that can handle the ball is what we should have on the roster, no 2 like we have been becuase of the past 2 years situation wise with the ncaa. i think dukes could get one of those ships.

Reaction Score
thats fair, but my thing is that with the usual depth of 13 ships then 3 or 4 guards that can handle the ball is what we should have on the roster, no 2 like we have been becuase of the past 2 years situation wise with the ncaa. i think dukes could get one of those ships.

You gotta wonder what went down with Dunn. I'm still shaking my head over that. Don't get it.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think it came down to grades. And what am I saying? XRM is the priority PG in 2013 no doubt

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You gotta wonder what went down with Dunn. I'm still shaking my head over that. Don't get it.

dunn is 2012 and while i wish we landed him it makes sense what happened. the staff made a decision that for this class had to be done. they were looking ahead. lamb and ad are gone next year for the draft. we would then have 2 great pgs, 3 wings and 4 big guys but no stud. ao/to are good and brad/wolf are wildcards right now. we needed a pure sg no matter what-omar. then we have 1 ship left for sure and the staff decided that it was in our best interest to get a stud big guy, thats why we have offered like 8 different top 15 pf's. we need 1 for sure. if the ship situation gets better then i bet we try for 2 big guys. i wanted dunn, he looks like a great combo guard and a future stud in the making. but his skills/size=position right now are not what this team needed in the eyes of the staff. i trust the staff.

by the time dukes is college bound the ncaa/apr stuff will be behind us, therefore more room on the roster for projects or just depth.

Reaction Score
dunn is 2012 and while i wish we landed him it makes sense what happened. the staff made a decision that for this class had to be done. they were looking ahead. lamb and ad are gone next year for the draft. we would then have 2 great pgs, 3 wings and 4 big guys but no stud. ao/to are good and brad/wolf are wildcards right now. we needed a pure sg no matter what-omar. then we have 1 ship left for sure and the staff decided that it was in our best interest to get a stud big guy, thats why we have offered like 8 different top 15 pf's. we need 1 for sure. if the ship situation gets better then i bet we try for 2 big guys. i wanted dunn, he looks like a great combo guard and a future stud in the making. but his skills/size=position right now are not what this team needed in the eyes of the staff. i trust the staff.

by the time dukes is college bound the ncaa/apr stuff will be behind us, therefore more room on the roster for projects or just depth.

Without Lamb out there next year, this team is going to need another ballhandler. I can't see relying on a frosh SG for that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Without Lamb out there next year, this team is going to need another ballhandler. I can't see relying on a frosh SG for that.
lambs ball handling this year is more a product of how dam good he is, not that we need our 6'4 sg bringing the ball up, we have 2 great pgs that can handle the 40mins just fine, we just happen to have a nba ready 2 on our roster right now.

Reaction Score
lambs ball handling this year is more a product of how dam good he is, not that we need our 6'4 sg bringing the ball up, we have 2 great pgs that can handle the 40mins just fine, we just happen to have a nba ready 2 on our roster right now.

One injury and you're cooked. One ball handler?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
One injury and you're cooked. One ball handler?
yup thats why we brought allen in. what can we do? were down to 10 ships and ad is a walkon lol. thats the whole point. there are better uses of that last ship than a 4th guard for next year. the staff sees a stud big man as more important.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
For the record the staff didn't turn down Dunn. Dunn went to Providence because UConn had to many guards and he would be the star there. We should thank Dunn though. If it wasn't for him going back to New London we wouldn't have Andre.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the staff wouldn't turn him down per se but Dunn said he hadn't talked to anyone from Uconn for over a month at the time of his commitment. For some reason the staff didn't make him a priority.
'

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Well he is at Providence. From what I heard it wasn't because UConn didn't show him any love.

Reaction Score
For the record the staff didn't turn down Dunn. Dunn went to Providence because UConn had to many guards and he would be the star there. We should thank Dunn though. If it wasn't for him going back to New London we wouldn't have Andre.

If a tree falls in the woods... I mean, if a player becomes a star at Providence...

Reaction Score
Dukes looks solid but he is prolly a better fit for the A10 than us.

XRM is not a PG when I saw him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger