K. Stokes | The Boneyard

K. Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
She was solid... She is a great addition and will help us dramatically in the middle...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I was duly impressed with Kiah's performance. She showed off her length and athleticism, had some great blocks, played good in your face D on Nneka and Chiney inside--even though Nneka still made a lot of her shots--and generally played tough on the boards, with few hiccups.

As of today and this past week, I was expecting Buck to get in there and provide what Kiah provided today. Instead, Kiah may be on the kind of trajectory that I was thinking about in pre-season, where she is the clear back-up 5 and sometimes 4, ahead of Buck.

If she keeps on improving, she just might get us where we need to be by March.......

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was duly impressed with Kiah's performance. She showed off her length and athleticism, had some great blocks, played good in your face D on Nneka and Chiney inside--even though Nneka still made a lot of her shots--and generally played tough on the boards, with few hiccups.

As of today and this past week, I was expecting Buck to get in there and provide what Kiah provided today. Instead, Kiah may be on the kind of trajectory that I was thinking about in pre-season, where she is the clear back-up 5 and sometimes 4, ahead of Buck.

If she keeps on improving, she just might get us where we need to be by March.......
i agree with this 100%. she looked really really good on TV. she's not ready to be a starter but boy is she a solid player off the bench. i'll be very comfortable with her at the 5 when Stef graduates.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
i agree with this 100%. she looked really really good on TV. she's not ready to be a starter but boy is she a solid player off the bench. i'll be very comfortable with her at the 5 when Stef graduates.

Kiah and BStewart would make nice little bookends inside, wouldn't they? :cool:

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'm incredibly comfortable every time she enters the game and that's a unique feeling for a freshman big.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah did well against a very good team. I hope she gets a big confidence boost from this.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
thanks for the solid 14 minutes of action

Geno agreed in his post-game news conference (up on HuskyVision)

Best quote:

"If Kiah Stokes--and I was just talking with Rebecca Lobo about this today--if Kiah Stokes can develop into a really, really good power forward that can take some of the pressure off Stefanie, then we have a chance to be a really good basketball team down the road."

BINGO.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno agreed in his post-game news conference (up on HuskyVision)

Best quote:

"If Kiah Stokes--and I was just talking with Rebecca Lobo about this today--if Kiah Stokes can develop into a really, really good power forward that can take some of the pressure off Stefanie, then we have a chance to be a really good basketball team down the road."

BINGO.
Perfectly said by the master.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Perfectly said by the master.
Agreed. Last night's game was the first opportunity to see the Huskys play some strong competition, and I was really impressed by the performance of the freshman. I was thinking during the first two games when Geno subbed in the three together that these three were a great "6th man" combination.
In the Stanford game, KML of course shown like the star she is going to be, but Banks really held her own and without fear. I love her game face, and I think that she is going to be fun to watch and develop. I wish I had seen more of BB, but I TIVO'ed the game so I will watch it again....(of course).

Reaction Score
Kiah certainly wasn't intimidated out there. KML was simply amazing the first half, showed poise beyond her years & quietly had 8 rebounds. Steph was really physical out there, too. That as a team we didn't hit from outside, missed so many layups & free throws and still won must privately please Geno, though you KNOW he will address it today in practice. Having seen Breanna Stewart play here in upstate New York in the high school playoffs, next year's team with Moriah & Morgan is going to be scary!

Reaction Score
Stokes seemed completely unfazed in a big game. Moves well under the backboard. I believe she can be a big time player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom