K-free In The Fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He had so much bounce. This is going to be big

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure he can coach the players, but it's great to have him back in the UConn family.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I'm a big K-Free fan since the days I was teaching in Springfield and living in Enfield and K-Free was in Longmeadow. Met him casually a few times about the time he was commiting to UConn.

In Fall 1995 UConn wasn't all that then. Actually it was, but "all that" has taken on a whole new dimension. The Springfield area turned out some decent talent those days--Travis Best, K-Free, Derek Kellogg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm not sure he can coach the players, but it's great to have him back in the UConn family.
Setting the table for after JC's retirement.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure you can teach kids to play with the fire and determination that Kfree had in his DNA. But bringing him in adds yet another touch of class to this staff. Great move.

Reaction Score
Great to have two high effort guys in Ollie and KFree. Welcome back, Kevin.

Reaction Score
It seems JC is setting up the next UConn basketball leadership team with guys with connection, loyalty, and guys that worked hard to produce outstanding results. Jeez, sound like anybody we know?

BTW, all you coaches out there, anybody really, take a couple of hours one night and read "Talent is Overrated." It will shift your context for what it takes to produce results, forever.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Because..... ?
I thought there were restrictions about which coaches are involved with the players and which coaches handle other responsibilities but cannot partake in hands on coaching of the players. I was hoping someone could clarify.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Because..... ?

In an interview with the Journal Inquirer :

Freeman, one of the toughest Huskies to ever play for Jim Calhoun (1996-2000), and the starting power forward on UConn’s first national championship team (1998-99), has returned to the program in a non-coaching position after an 11-year pro career overseas.

I won’t be able to help those guys (players) on the court, but more in a mentorship role. I’ll be helping those guys with degree completion, serving as a liaison between them and compliance, and really anything that Coach Hobbs asks me to do and helping Coach (Jim Calhoun) with his daily activities.”

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In an interview with the Journal Inquirer :

Freeman, one of the toughest Huskies to ever play for Jim Calhoun (1996-2000), and the starting power forward on UConn’s first national championship team (1998-99), has returned to the program in a non-coaching position after an 11-year pro career overseas.

I won’t be able to help those guys (players) on the court, but more in a mentorship role. I’ll be helping those guys with degree completion, serving as a liaison between them and compliance, and really anything that Coach Hobbs asks me to do and helping Coach (Jim Calhoun) with his daily activities.”

He does get to contribute to game and practice planning though. That's valuable experience for JC.

I'll also thought he could work with guy one on one outside of practice for a limited amount of hours. Could be totally off base here. Just something I may have remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom