Juwan Durham two step windmill | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham two step windmill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If healthy he could the best freshman and could even be the best player on our team. At least that's how I feel.

From the little video that I've seen, he has "it" like no one we've seen since Donyell (I believe and hope). But not likely right away, but if he stays healthy he could have a significant impact. He is just an instinctive player with smarts as well....at that size! I must admit to being more excited about Juwan than even Alterique if .... (fill in part about knee health). It will be fun to watch him when he is ready.

Reaction Score
It seriously looks like he's dunking on an eight foot hoop in that video...it's so effortless.

There are a bunch of bouncy dudes like him out there who shoot up the rankings based on their physical profiles alone. Facey comes to mind (he had basketball talent, too, but we haven't seen it consistently enough.

My question would be, how far along the growth process is this kid? I suppose none of us will know until the season gets underway, but it's worth speculating for the reason that it's been a while since we've attracted a kid who didn't fit the project prototype. @James says he's got a jumper. Does he have a face-up game? Is he an iso candidate in one dribble, power move situations? I'm excited to find out.

Reaction Score
If Durham can step in right away and play like the Top 30 recruit he once was, that immediately solidifies the 4 (and the 3, by extension).

This would be the biggest development of the offseason.

Reaction Score
It seriously looks like he's dunking on an eight foot hoop in that video...it's so effortless.

There are a bunch of bouncy dudes like him out there who shoot up the rankings based on their physical profiles alone. Facey comes to mind (he had basketball talent, too, but we haven't seen it consistently enough.

My question would be, how far along the growth process is this kid? I suppose none of us will know until the season gets underway, but it's worth speculating for the reason that it's been a while since we've attracted a kid who didn't fit the project prototype. @James says he's got a jumper. Does he have a face-up game? Is he an iso candidate in one dribble, power move situations? I'm excited to find out.
He's nothing like Facey, just a way bigger talent. He is a McDonald's all-American type player but with his knee injuries and not being all over the AAU scene he didn't really get the recognition. Yes he has a really good face-up game.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but i don't think that's Durham. On the many mix taped we had he was very long and was 6'11 or so
and he played center against other top players who were also long. This guy looks to be 6'7 or so and built thicker than I remember Durham. Also I can't see him risking his knees by dunking without support on both.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong but i don't think that's Durham. On the many mix taped we had he was very long and was 6'11 or so
and he played center against other top players who were also long. This guy looks to be 6'7 or so and built thicker than I remember Durham. Also I can't see him risking his knees by dunking without support on both.

Oh that's him Rabid. Charles Smith (Pitt) build and about 6-10 effortless as said above. Good to see but also stated above on the lateral movement, we really need to wait and see while not rushing him back. Love to have him this year but rather have him for a full career with no time off for however long he stays.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
That's very clearly Juwan Durham.

Reaction Score
That's him - here's his instagram profile where the vid was posted: Juwan (@juwan_d_23) • Instagram photos and videos

Reaction Score

As Superjohn said It's the opposite. If I'm remembering correctly he was a top 20 player before he tore his 1st ACL and around 30 when he committed before he tore the second. He's fallen down the rankings but if he gets back to being completely healthy he is a big time talent and Facey probably isn't a good comparison as a prospect.

Reaction Score
Nice to see him display athleticism, but I am not expecting too much from him this season. If he can acclimate well to college and get healthy this year, that would be great. Anything more than that is a bonus. He is a big time talent and I hope he is allowed to come along slowly.

Reaction Score
As Superjohn said It's the opposite. If I'm remembering correctly he was a top 20 player before he tore his 1st ACL and around 30 when he committed before he tore the second. He's fallen down the rankings but if he gets back to being completely healthy he is a big time talent and Facey probably isn't a good comparison as a prospect.

FTR I wasn't trying to insinuate that Facey was an apt comp. What I was getting at was this: when scouts watch a player, there is very likely a particular check list they're looking for in order to qualify him as a high-major prospect. How tall is he? What is his wingspan? What is his vertical leap? How is his mobility, footwork, endurance, core strength, standing vert, etc.?

Facey checked some of those boxes and Durham probably checked more. But there are very few players leaving high school capable of performing at an all-conference level, and while it's probably unrealistic to expect that from Durham, to the extent that his skillset can be distinguished from the prototypical top 100 big who comes in as a freshman to block shots, rebound, and crash the rim for lobs will dictate how good he can be, and how fast.

I'm not even expressing skepticism, I'm just interested in getting a sense of how certain discrete skills immediately translate to the next level relative to others. And if he's on the upper end of that spectrum, and healthy...he's probably only here one year. I don't expect it to happen, but it's worth considering for the reason that college basketball is a standardized game in a lot of ways...you bring out one scale to assess whether a guy is a prospect and a completely different one to assess what he is. It's hard to do the latter with Durham because of injuries, hich is what makes it so intriguing.

Reaction Score
At the very least he's got the skills to finish off michigan state with an emphatic end of game slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom