2022 Recruiting: - Justin Taylor | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Justin Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see he is listed as a SF but it seems he exactly checks the boxes as the big SG for us. Handles and creates well enough to be the off guard, apparently has a nice shot, and has the listed size. If the clip was recent I would doubt being a full 6'6 but definitely has good size. Interesting prospect but we are obviously late to the party if he has already set up multiple visits. Maybe not so late if Murray has been on him awhile and has a good enough relationship. He moves a lot like Matt Cross that I have liked, but I have no idea if his shooting is as proficient. (If he does shoot as well as Cross then 'please')

Reaction Score
A quote from Taylor:

“I think I’ve been able to expand my game a lot over these couple of years,” Taylor said. “I’ve become more comfortable with the ball in my hands, being a playmaker and developing from just a shooter to someone who can score at all three levels.”

A three-level scorer who clocks in at 6'6 200 as a junior? Heck yes.

I assume Virginia is the frontrunner and would be surprised if he ends up somewhere else, but definitely a player I'd be excited to join the squad.

Reaction Score
Based on my observations the Reality-to-Weingarten Ranking Conversion Factor is about 1.5 to 2. He says "top 10" is top 25, "top 25" is top 50, "top 50" is top 100. Frankly it's a pretty brilliant move on his part, gas up every recruit to get access to information.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Based on my observations the Reality-to-Weingarten Ranking Conversion Factor is about 1.5 to 2. He says "top 10" is top 25, "top 25" is top 50, "top 50" is top 100. Frankly it's a pretty brilliant move on his part, gas up every recruit to get access to information.

Exactly right, I wrote this yesterday then never hit send:

Ya, seems to be a way for him to get buzz on these tweets...but every guy can’t be top 50.

Reaction Score
Lots of people hating on a young man making a career for himself! Jealousy is a very unbecoming trait! Sad!
If Jake wants people to take him seriously, he needs to get basic facts correct. It's journalism 101. If parts of what you're saying aren't accurate, why should anyone believe the rest of what you say?

Reaction Score
Just my assumption here, but all these recruiting experts have their “sources”. Jake is at an age where these kids are closer to his peers than their parents, coaches, etc. I enjoy Jake’s takes because a lot of it seems to come from the kids direct, and he gets what seem to be a lot of interviews.
Can’t say I blame a kid for maybe fudging numbers on kids to maintain a good relationship

Reaction Score
If Jake wants people to take him seriously, he needs to get basic facts correct. It's journalism 101. If parts of what you're saying aren't accurate, why should anyone believe the rest of what you say?
So we are clear, high school basketball recruiting rankings is where you draw the line on journalistic integrity? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
So we are clear, high school basketball recruiting rankings is where you draw the line on journalistic integrity? Asking for a friend.

Just remember, sources aren't factual if we don't like the information they're telling us...

Reaction Score
No, not drawing a line there. I expect it from everyone who does reporting in a career/professional capacity. Do you value reporters that intentionally get facts wrong?

There's implied bias in editorial choice and opinion columnist viewpoints, but getting actual facts wrong? No thanks.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I am easily top 250 in his rankings. I'm short, unathletic, and refuse to pass if I'm anywhere past half court, but my jumper is greasy

We're very similar then, though I like to throw a snazzy dime every now and again. Manu mixed with Joe Ingles mixed with Michael Redd, but way better than all of them.

Reaction Score
UConn - “They’re not late but later than the other schools. Coach (Tom) Moore has been my lead recruiter and I obviously watched them this year with (James) Bouknight, who's going to the league, who stood out. I think they'll probably end up speeding up the recruitment and said they want to schedule a Zoom call with me so we'll see how that goes. Moving forward I just want to build that relationship with them since it's quite early. I also want to see other guys they offered and their game plan for my class along with seeing how my playing style would fit theirs.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom