2023 Recruiting: - Justin Edwards Receives Offer from Villanova | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Justin Edwards Receives Offer from Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting worried we may whiff on Edwards, TBB, Griffiths. Hopefully some good signs come in soon.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Everything I’ve read on this recruitment it’s between us and UK. Obviously an uphill battle but sounds like we have a decent shot and castle is recruiting him pretty hard.

Reaction Score
why griffiths?
Will probably go south. Possibly Baylor. TBB is already gone, he's out of the picture. Edwards is maybe 20% chance for us. I wouldn't bet on any of those three. Castle, then try to add some of Harris-Smith, Simmons, John Jr, Kante, Watson, Ducharme. That would be my guess, and then any late riser that we usually identify early. I'm not even close to betting on Miranda either

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Will probably go south. Possibly Baylor. TBB is already gone, he's out of the picture. Edwards is maybe 20% chance for us. I wouldn't bet on any of those three. Castle, then try to add some of Harris-Smith, Simmons, John Jr, Kante, Watson, Ducharme. That would be my guess, and then any late riser that we usually identify early. I'm not even close to betting on Miranda either
I wouldn't read too much into the warm weather comment. Who wouldn't want to take an official to a school with nice weather and coeds?

Reaction Score
I think this is very alarmist - these guys haven’t even finished their junior seasons. Recruiting will always be a murky thing to follow, and by its very nature you lose a lot more than you win. I’ll trust Hurley to put it together over the next 9 months. There’s no reason to give up on anyone at this point.

Reaction Score
I think this is very alarmist - these guys haven’t even finished their junior seasons. Recruiting will always be a murky thing to follow, and by its very nature you lose a lot more than you win. I’ll trust Hurley to put it together over the next 9 months. There’s no reason to give up on anyone at this point.
This is the same person who said Karaban would be staying at IMG to play in the spring instead of enrolling early at UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah and Clingan was going to Michigan because it was favorite school growing up. If Hurley wants Griffiths I'd imagine he's in play. There is a serious pull to stay close to home for a lot of recruits. Not all, but most I would say.

Reaction Score
I think there's certainly a good chance we can land Griffiths. But he's far from the lock that people were labeling him. And on the TBB front, I don't think we're even pushing that hard for him. We'll see how this class ends up shaping up. I'm not nervous at all. This staff recruits phenomenally, and we're in on a ton of talented guys. But when we talk about guys this early in the process, most of the guys we discuss don't come and 70% of our class is guys we prioritized later on. My point was to not bank on every single one of these 2023 "favorites". I'm not worried at all about how our class will shape up. I'm just not betting on it being a combo of Griffiths, TBB, and edwards lol

Reaction Score
This is the same person who said Karaban would be staying at IMG to play in the spring instead of enrolling early at UConn.
Tbf, after his wrist injury I had on pretty good report that he was leaning towards staying. He ended up talking to staff more and then enrolled early. I'm glad he chose that. I'm not claiming facts about any of these prospects. We'll see how all of this continues to develop. I think we're certainly in on Griffiths and in a good spot relative to other schools. I just wouldn't bet on landing every single one of our top 2023 recruits.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into the warm weather comment. Who wouldn't want to take an official to a school with nice weather and coeds?
I agree. I'd say Griffiths is our best shot of those guys listed. TBB or Miranda would really shock me. I think there's a shot we get Edwards. My point wasn't to raise alarm, but to point that we don't normally land all of our "favorites" we choose this far ahead. We're gonna get really good players, and there's a lot of talent in the 30-70 range in the north east, I'm not worried at all about what our class will look like

Reaction Score
I think there's certainly a good chance we can land Griffiths. But he's far from the lock that people were labeling him. And on the TBB front, I don't think we're even pushing that hard for him. We'll see how this class ends up shaping up. I'm not nervous at all. This staff recruits phenomenally, and we're in on a ton of talented guys. But when we talk about guys this early in the process, most of the guys we discuss don't come and 70% of our class is guys we prioritized later on. My point was to not bank on every single one of these 2023 "favorites". I'm not worried at all about how our class will shape up. I'm just not betting on it being a combo of Griffiths, TBB, and edwards lol
I think anyone who follows recruiting knows how difficult recruiting is and how fluid it is. Never, ever, a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom