Justin Edwards OUT | The Boneyard

Justin Edwards OUT

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There is a whole other thread on this
Yes but that other thread forces people to read through 8 pages and 150 plus posts thinking there is hope only to have that hope dashed.

@GHSWolverines, in consideration of his fellow Boneyarders, gets to the point immediately saving value time and effort. We should be appreciative of his decision.

Especially since that slacker @Zionn neglected his role and did not create a thread titled “Justin Edwards - NEXT!”

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Let’s see, $, $$, $ and $$.

Never had a chance!
This staff know$ what goe$ on in this sport. Not every kid or family needs or puts upfront $ as the primary or exclusive consideration in making their decision.

The coaches determined they had a chance. I want coaches who put in the effort even if the chances are slim. Not making any effort leads to 100% failure.

All that changes if we get boosters to create NILs. Even at that point (I believe the probability is quite high that it will happen for UConn) you still will need to get support players who are hungry Huskies! And just as importantly you will need coaches who are able to identify the players who don’t become complacent after coming into sudden wealth.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Oh well, next

I'm sure we'll get a second chance at him and everyone else. It's called the transfer portal. Unfortunately we'll lose a few too

It's a different world

Reaction Score
This staff know$ what goe$ on in this sport. Not every kid or family needs or puts upfront $ as the primary or exclusive consideration in making their decision.

The coaches determined they had a chance. I want coaches who put in the effort even if the chances are slim. Not making any effort leads to 100% failure.

All that changes if we get boosters to create NILs. Even at that point (I believe the probability is quite high that it will happen for UConn) you still will need to get support players who are hungry Huskies! And just as importantly you will need coaches who are able to identify the players who don’t become complacent after coming into sudden wealth.
When the portal vs HS recruiting debate took place Chief said it really is about NIL today regardless of the source. I don’t have all the answers but recruiting has totally changed even with the former $’s under the table schools. It actually blew up in the last 6 weeks and OTE and G League are in the same space.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
When the portal vs HS recruiting debate took place Chief said it really is about NIL today regardless of the source. I don’t have all the answers but recruiting has totally changed even with the former $’s under the table schools. It actually blew up in the last 6 weeks and OTE and G League are in the same space.
There have been seismic shifts regarding recruiting. Prior to the NIL there probably was a small percentage of wealthy fanatical fans willing to help programs cheat. Rules never applied to this group. My unscientific opinion is that the numbers of $ players in this game will significantly increase now that money influence is legal.

Add in OTE and the G League it means significantly more competition for coveted players. It should result in increases in offered money to the better players which we are already observing. It should result in a larger number of schools dividing up the best players and decrease the chance any school gets multiple stars. It should result in the second and even the third tier players getting good money. And depending on how much money is being offered, players may opt to stay in college longer which could be disruptive to the NBA at least temporarily.

Media contracts with conferences may be less influential and less profitable than before. I would love to see a “Revenge of The Nerds” NIL where some IVY League Alumni use their influence and money to change how sports are run in their conference and screw the BIIIG, the SEC and ESPN. A school in a highly populated state will not get eyes if it’s program goes downhill.

Coaches will be under more stress than ever to produce because these $ players will insist on a ROI that they can openly vocalize as opposed to the behind closed door influence they exerted on AD. Fun times if you have a disposition for a complete rethink of college sports.

Reaction Score
There have been seismic shifts regarding recruiting. Prior to the NIL there probably was a small percentage of wealthy fanatical fans willing to help programs cheat. Rules never applied to this group. My unscientific opinion is that the numbers of $ players in this game will significantly increase now that money influence is legal.

Add in OTE and the G League it means significantly more competition for coveted players. It should result in increases in offered money to the better players which we are already observing. It should result in a larger number of schools dividing up the best players and decrease the chance any school gets multiple stars. It should result in the second and even the third tier players getting good money. And depending on how much money is being offered, players may opt to stay in college longer which could be disruptive to the NBA at least temporarily.

Media contracts with conferences may be less influential and less profitable than before. I would love to see a “Revenge of The Nerds” NIL where some IVY League Alumni use their influence and money to change how sports are run in their conference and screw the BIIIG, the SEC and ESPN. A school in a highly populated state will not get eyes if it’s program goes downhill.

Coaches will be under more stress than ever to produce because these $ players will insist on a ROI that they can openly vocalize as opposed to the behind closed door influence they exerted on AD. Fun times if you have a disposition for a complete rethink of college sports.
If there was a way for the ivy’s to use their endowment they would dominate every sport

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All the 5*s are going where they can earn the most NIL. I said all along that paying collegiate athletes in this manner is going to destroy college sport and now we see the start. Its extremely unfortunate

Reaction Score
All the 5*s are going where they can earn the most NIL. I said all along that paying collegiate athletes in this manner is going to destroy college sport and now we see the start. Its extremely unfortunate

The 5*s were going to those schools anyway.

Reaction Score

That sums it up very well.
Chief is going to check on this, but it would be helpful if UConn had an office devoted to matching athletes up with NIL opportunities. The national level Paige deals will happen on their own but there are local businesses that could help the critical team player who is not a star in multiple $5k, $10k, $25k type deals. We will need a combination of the star deals and the every day grind player deals.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yes but that other thread forces people to read through 8 pages and 150 plus posts thinking there is hope only to have that hope dashed.

@GHSWolverines, in consideration of his fellow Boneyarders, gets to the point immediately saving value time and effort. We should be appreciative of his decision.

Especially since that slacker @Zionn neglected his role and did not create a thread titled “Justin Edwards - NEXT!”

Mega threads suck

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom