Justin Edwards & Other '23 Prospects | The Boneyard

Justin Edwards & Other '23 Prospects

Reaction Score
One of my Twitter followers on @SSN_UConn wrote a list of '23 players we are actively pursuing. Several of them I know are actively in the hunt for and have a fighters chance of snagging. The one I am least knowledgeable about is Edwards. I know he's Northeast-based, has had an unofficial visit to UConn, and he is Top 10 nationally -- which makes the competition for him fierce. Do we have a legitimate chance? With this staff, I am beginning to believe anyone and anything is possible.

Reaction Score
Stephon Castle mentioned in one of his interviews that he wants to recruit Edwards. Would be a MASSIVE get. Not sure where we stand with him and I have no inside info. I do know he was on an official visit to Kentucky yesterday.

Reaction Score
One of my Twitter followers on @SSN_UConn wrote a list of '23 players we are actively pursuing. Several of them I know are actively in the hunt for and have a fighters chance of snagging. The one I am least knowledgeable about is Edwards. I know he's Northeast-based, has had an unofficial visit to UConn, and he is Top 10 nationally -- which makes the competition for him fierce. Do we have a legitimate chance? With this staff, I am beginning to believe anyone and anything is possible.

Fyi ducharme is like 6'3 or 6'4

Reaction Score
How many more spots are we recruiting for?

Is there a link to the tracker?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Edwards made a really strong comment about how much he liked his unofficial. I think the comment was something like “ everything I saw up there really spoke to me”.

It’ll be tough though because Kentucky seems to be on him pretty good, and I also saw a story with him making the old “dream school” comment about Kentucky.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Castle, Edwards, Bowen.

My god…. Could you imagine?

Seems like yesterday we were competing for guys like Rakim Lubin, Ray Kasongo, and Turtle Jackson. LOL
That would be insane talent to bring in but also an insane recruiting statement as it would mean we beat Kentucky for Edwards and Duke for Bowen. And realistically we would’ve had to beat more big boys than Auburn for Castle had he wanted to wait longer with his recruitment.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Would we be able to land both Edwards and Bol-Bowen? Considering the similarities I think it may be a whoever commits first situation.

Reaction Score
Would we be able to land both Edwards and Bol-Bowen? Considering the similarities I think it may be a whoever commits first situation.

Different positions. Akil Watson and Bowen are the recruits for the PF spot. Griffiths/Edwards/ Middleton are probably the guys for that scholly.

Reaction Score
Rivals updated heights/weight and said Ducharme grew to 6’6 which is where that measurement came from. It could be wrong though

That site is notoriously bad on heights. After watching his team this morning I would say he's 6'4 and maybe the kind of player you list 6'5.

Reaction Score
That site is notoriously bad on heights. After watching his team this morning I would say he's 6'4 and maybe the kind of player you list 6'5.
Okay. I’ll change his height

Reaction Score
so next year we need everyone back plus two of cole/martin/grad transfer. those moves put us in the best position to make a final 4 run in '23 while also letting us reload w/ 4 new freshmen in '24 e.g., castle, edwards, bowen, miranda

Reaction Score
so next year we need everyone back plus two of cole/martin/grad transfer. those moves put us in the best position to make a final 4 run in '23 while also letting us reload w/ 4 new freshmen in '24 e.g., castle, edwards, bowen, miranda
I'm on board with Cole and Martin using their covid year so we can load up on 2023 kids. If only 1 of them stays, I hope 1 of our 2023 kids could reclass to next year. I like your list but I have to find room for Gavin Griffith as our knock down shooter. I think in the end 2023 will likely be at least a 5 player class, (inclusive of a 2022 reclass if that happens). I'd like your 4 + Griffith.

Reaction Score
Do all of the guys on the roster last year have a covid year available after their senior year? So, for example, Gaffney would have one in 23-24?

Reaction Score
Do all of the guys on the roster last year have a covid year available after their senior year? So, for example, Gaffney would have one in 23-24?
Yes. The only difference is that this year (with Whaley and Polley) it does not count against our scholarship limit of 13, but going forward it will. So for example if RJ chose to stay an extra year he would count towards the 13 scholarship limit. But yes as long as you were in college during the covid year you have an extra year of eligibility

Reaction Score
Yes. Everyone who was on the roster last season during the COVID year has an extra year of eligibility

Reaction Score
I'm on board with Cole and Martin using their covid year so we can load up on 2023 kids. If only 1 of them stays, I hope 1 of our 2023 kids could reclass to next year. I like your list but I have to find room for Gavin Griffith as our knock down shooter. I think in the end 2023 will likely be at least a 5 player class, (inclusive of a 2022 reclass if that happens). I'd like your 4 + Griffith.
good points but i see a big potential downside to that. lets say martin comes back but cole doesnt. if so, i want a grad transfer PG taking the last scholly, not a reclass.

i dont think we are winning a chip w/ gaff as our starting PG backed up by soph digg and reclass castle. but replace castle w/ 5th year cole or a grad transfer PG and we have the leadership we need.

i'm favoring a final 4 run in '23 over a 5 frosh class in '24 no matter how great it could be

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom