2022 Recruiting: - Justice Williams | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Justice Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO he's overrated at #28 composite. I think he'll end up in the 40-50 range or should be... that being said he's a really talented player. Perfect combo guard for our system. This is the only video I could find from this year.

Reaction Score

looks like he shares a lot similarities with Gaffney to me. Just a couple inches taller and stronger at the same age. Definitely not a very good passer but from the games I watched, despite playing 6th fiddle at Montverde he was still pretty effecient even when he didn't stick out on the court

He's getting A1 coaching at Montverde too.

Absolutely sign this kid up

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
IMO he's overrated at #28 composite. I think he'll end up in the 40-50 range or should be... that being said he's a really talented player. Perfect combo guard for our system. This is the only video I could find from this year.

He might be a little over ranked, but this team is probably gonna need guys who have that scorers gene. I think he'd be a good fit with guys like Corey, Don, and Hawkins in 2022.

Reaction Score
He might be a little over ranked, but this team is probably gonna need guys who have that scorers gene. I think he'd be a good fit with guys like Corey, Don, and Hawkins in 2022.

I like guys in that 30-60 range for us. 2023 is the year we'll get the true 5* imo... tons of local talent.

Looks like another kid who can shoot the rock and plays decent in the half court. Good athlete too... so he'll fit in well with us trying to play fast, but also needing more shooters.

Reaction Score

I don't think from looking at just that video that he's necessarily over-rated. Might there be other video or in-person observations that you're looking at? Because from that video I see a player that can create his shot off a dribble while being guarded, a slasher to the rim in traffic, a nice long-2/3 point stroke, and someone that seems to see the court well and distribute. Has quick twitch feet for sure, so should play out well as he develops. Just my 2 cents. Definitely agree - he'd be a great fit in our system. :)

Reaction Score
I don't think from looking at just that video that he's necessarily over-rated. Might there be other video or in-person observations that you're looking at? Because from that video I see a player that can create his shot off a dribble while being guarded, a slasher to the rim in traffic, a nice long-2/3 point stroke, and someone that seems to see the court well and distribute. Has quick twitch feet for sure, so should play out well as he develops. Just my 2 cents.

I watched maybe 3 Montverde games. He has some skill but was overshadowed by the 2021 5*s and Jalen Duren. Needs a coach to boost his confidence imo. Seems like he's been quiet with team final most of the time too. No left hand to speak of either

Reaction Score
I like our chances in terms of basketball with that list, and our spot in the order of visits. But if I'm being hone$t there'$ a few rea$on$ to worry about 3 of the $chool$ on that li$t
hopefully if they can get paid anywhere they go that makes the decision about basketball and not money

Reaction Score
I like our chances in terms of basketball with that list, and our spot in the order of visits. But if I'm being hone$t there'$ a few rea$on$ to worry about 3 of the $chool$ on that li$t
I've been informed that we've lo$t the right to make joke$ like that.

Reaction Score
When I have watched Team Final a couple times, I have paid more attention to Floyd and Lively, but I have never noticed a level of play that equates with Williams' rating. I'm looking forward to learning more about his skills if anyone has a real feeling for his play. I think he handles the ball with Team Final, but I don't know if he is considered an elite ball handler, percentage shooter with range, defender, etc. Am I correct he only shows average athleticism? Is he reliable from the line to close out games? He is playing with Floyd and has a relationship with Sool from what I remember. If those guys are advocating for him, they're in the position to know he is value added. I would think those relationships are playing a big part in his interest. Do we have anybody on the boneyard that has really seen him play his 'A' game? Love to hear more about him.

Reaction Score
This guy is big time, another “2 and through” like Bouknight wherever he attends.

Would love to add him to the ‘22 class.

Reaction Score
Some full games. I'll start poking through them tonight and the next few days. I believe Williams or Anglin are our best shots of the combo-guards we're after now.

AZ Compass Prep 1/28/2021

Vs La Lumiere 1/29/2021
Montverde vs. La Lumiere | Replay from the 2021 Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament

Cavalry Christian 2/4/2021
Montverde vs. Calvary Christian | Replay from the 2021 Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament

Vs Oak Hill 4/1/2021
Montverde vs Oak Hill | Highschool Nationals Quarterfinal 3 | April 1 2021

Sunrise Christian 4/3/2021
2021 High School Nationals Championship - Sunrise Christian vs Montverde

Reaction Score
VS AZ Compass Prep 1/28/2021

2 PTS
1 REB (offensive)
0 AST (1 potential / foul)

2 TO
0 BLK
1 STL

1/2 2FG
0/0 3FG
0/0 FT
  • Only played about 9 minutes, even though it was an OT game.
  • Doesn’t start, though that’s no surprised… Montverde is always loaded. His team has the #2 and #8 players in 2022 as well as #7, #38, #66 in 2021 starting…#26, #28 and #65 in 2022 coming off the bench. just a stupidly talented team.
  • Didn’t play the first quarter at all.
  • Definitely gotten stronger since I saw him playing Diggins as a sophomore.
  • Spent some of his time guarding tyty washington, #12 in the 2021 class. I thought he did a pretty good job--forced him to take a lot of long pull up 2s… exactly what you want. Otherwise was up on a couple of 3* 2021 guys.
  • Solid positional defender, moves better laterally than I remember.
  • SOOOOO SO, SO passive because of all the talent on this team. This is what reminded me of Gaffney in my previous comments. He isn’t assertive because there’s talented pieces around him. He has some skill, but needs a coach to tell him to use it or get off the court.
  • Definitely not a lead guard and not a PnR operator in here… but I believe he’s gotten more experience leading a team with Team Final this summer
Late closeout

Steal
Montverde vs. AZ Compass Prep | Replay from the 2021 Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament

Nice drive… wish he finished with the left though. Good body control
Montverde vs. AZ Compass Prep | Replay from the 2021 Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament

Baseline miss

Got fouled… but this decision-making was just awful

TO… his ballhandling decisions are weird.

Rebound

Reaction Score
Some full games. I'll start poking through them tonight and the next few days. I believe Williams or Anglin are our best shots of the combo-guards we're after now.

AZ Compass Prep 1/28/2021

Vs La Lumiere 1/29/2021
Montverde vs. La Lumiere | Replay from the 2021 Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament

Cavalry Christian 2/4/2021
Montverde vs. Calvary Christian | Replay from the 2021 Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament

Vs Oak Hill 4/1/2021
Montverde vs Oak Hill | Highschool Nationals Quarterfinal 3 | April 1 2021

Sunrise Christian 4/3/2021
2021 High School Nationals Championship - Sunrise Christian vs Montverde

Not Rice? Or are you considering him a wing and not a combo?

Reaction Score
Not Rice? Or are you considering him a wing and not a combo?

He's a combo. I'm not so sure Rice is as interested anymore after Kenya left, and with his HS coach at VTech. I have heard we're looking for a visit... but no official news yet.

Reaction Score
He's a combo. I'm not so sure Rice is as interested anymore after Kenya left, and with his HS coach at VTech. I have heard we're looking for a visit... but no official news yet.
I gotcha. Just don’t have a lot of confidence in us getting Justice with that list. Maybe Anglin is the guy.

Reaction Score
VS La Lumiere 1/29/21

5 PTS
1 REB (offensive)
AST (2 potential / foul)

1 TO
STL
BLK

1/3 2FG
1/2 3FG
FT
  • Played just under 15 minutes I believe
  • Guarded Jeremy Fears… #23 in 2023… and JJ Starling #54 in 2022
  • Hiding so much on offense… it’s almost sad to watch. Seems aggressive on defense though which is good to see. Really spearheads their pressure D.
  • Still not seeing much in the way of PG skills. He’ll bring the ball up, but not initiating offense at all.
  • Only took 1 shot until the 4th-quarter. Once his team got up 15 or so, he had some license to press the issue and start putting up some shots.

Catch n shoot 3

Rebound

Good help… made this shot tough

Missed long 2

Missed corner 3

Missed 2

Bad pass

For 2

Reaction Score
I gotcha. Just don’t have a lot of confidence in us getting Justice with that list. Maybe Anglin is the guy.

There's no one on that list that is a substantial outside of paying him $$, in which case I wouldn't really want him. Not my kind of player. Someone may be able to offer more playing time or better weather, but we've got the best up-and-coming team on that list IMO. And closest to home with other team final/Philly guys on the roster.

Reaction Score
Visit scheduled for June 28-30. Someone can update the June visits thread that is locked.

“Justice is extremely talented, there is really nothing he can’t do on the court,” team Final coach James Johns said. “He actually has elite athleticism that people don’t know about because he does so many other things well. Has an elite basketball IQ and has the ability to play at the highest level.”

Reaction Score
Leaving Montverde per his Ig
Wow. Wonder where he will end up. He did really well in the PCL but I just don’t think he got as much playing time at Montverde from some of the games I saw. Full disclosure, I only saw a couple games this year and he wasn’t playing too much in them, so I could be wrong here. I have a very small sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom