Just win the whole thing now | The Boneyard

Just win the whole thing now

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Might as well win 2 more while they're at it.
That would eliminate all doubt about "bubble team". Not sure where they fall at the end of today on bracketology, but I'd feel better with at least 1 more win...

Reaction Score
One more now. Might as well remove any doubt about getting into the NCAA Tournament. Remember the committee hasn't been kind to the AAC the last couple years. Would be good to win the conference tournament anyway. I think the kids would feed off that confidence going into next week. Let's do this!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It could be our last chance...
Nah we'll have one or two more depending on negotiation and if the BXII helps with the exit fee.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Serious question - if it appears that both Temple and Cincy are safely ensconced in field along with us, UConn could make some money by tanking Sunday's game. A Memphis first round appearance would be worth about $2 million to the AAC, spilt 12 ways, so about $167K extra per school for getting a fourth member into the Dance.

To make this easier to stomach answering, let's say the conference isn't the AAC and UConn isn't the one with the option.

If you're an AD facing budget woes, do you consider tanking the game?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Serious question - if it appears that both Temple and Cincy are safely ensconced in field along with us, UConn could make some money by tanking Sunday's game. A Memphis first round appearance would be worth about $2 million to the AAC, spilt 12 ways, so about $167K extra per school for getting a fourth member into the Dance.

To make this easier to stomach answering, let's say the conference isn't the AAC and UConn isn't the one with the option.

Are you kidding me? A conference championship is worth much much more than $167k

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

If Memphis were to win they'd steal a bid and if they do it'd most likely be Temples spot if they are actually in, Lunardi is proving he doesn't know what he's talking about. Also who the **** would throw a conference title game for a potential extra bid for their conference??

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score

Props on thinking "outside of the box", but holy ish.. No way!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
How much is it worth in dollars and cents?
It's an intangible, but having a conference championship on your school resume is worth a lot. It's worth better recruits who will in turn make a team better who will in turn bring in more money; it will get exposure for the school which will get more people seeing UConn which will get more people talking about UConn, some of those people being ADs at P5 schools; it's worth momentum going into the tournament. It's worth a lot, don't be dense.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Props on thinking "outside of the box", but holy ish.. No way!

I didn't design the payout system, but the system certainly could be manipulated exactly how I laid it out. I was just thinking about how it could be gamed if one wanted to do so.

C

Chief00

Winning tomorrow would built more body of work that we finally achieved consistency this year.

Reaction Score
This is pretty funny. Really guys? We need to crush everyone we play- DOOMED!!!!!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just stop.

Don't get hung up with the UConn example. Think of the hypothetical.

With all the corruption in college sports you don't think this is a possibility?

Akron has to cut 200 staff due to costs associated with its D1 football aspirations. $167K could save a couple of those positions. The administration is under heavy attack to find money. You think something like this might not cross their mind going into tomorrow's game vs Buffalo? Or that every AD in every school is above this?

I don't. I've lived too long and seen too much to think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom