Just when you thought Calipari couldn't get any worse | The Boneyard

Just when you thought Calipari couldn't get any worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes I saw this today. He wants the SEC regular season champ to get the autobid. Interesting idea. I would think that the post season SEC tourney makes a lot more money for his league in terms of TV money than a preseason tourney would but I could be wrong about that. He may not have considered that.

Reaction Score
Yes I saw this today. He wants the SEC regular season champ to get the autobid. Interesting idea. I would think that the post season SEC tourney makes a lot more money for his league in terms of TV money than a preseason tourney would but I could be wrong about that. He may not have considered that.
He wants whatever fits his agenda at the moment.

Reaction Score
Oh boy there's people waiting to hammer you for stalking the appetizer we know as John Calimari. Big trouble coming :eek:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Oh boy there's people waiting to hammer you for stalking the appetizer we know as John Calimari. Big trouble coming :eek:

I always love the "but he's a good coach" crowd that comes out of the woodwork when you dare to disparage Calipari or Boheim. Apparently there's no amount of shame too great that they can't be forgiven.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Cal would rather go into the NCAA tournament nice and rested instead of getting beat up in a league tournament. His teams are usually filled with one and dones and perhaps to him getting them ready for the NCAA's is better achieved through practices instead of tournaments . Debatable but the Big Ten used to not have league tournaments at season end and many thought it was an advantage over other teams who did. I think the early season tournament is just a smokescreen; the real motive might be to be well rested and better prepared. Cal cares about Cal and possibly winning the NCAA, even if everyone suffers financially
because of this proposal.

Reaction Score
Cal would rather go into the NCAA tournament nice and rested instead of getting beat up in a league tournament. His teams are usually filled with one and dones and perhaps to him getting them ready for the NCAA's is better achieved through practices instead of tournaments . Debatable but the Big Ten used to not have league tournaments at season end and many thought it was an advantage over other teams who did. I think the early season tournament is just a smokescreen; the real motive might be to be well rested and better prepared. Cal cares about Cal and possibly winning the NCAA, even if everyone suffers financially
because of this proposal.
Takes a special coach and a bunch of special players to go through the grind of, say.....5 games in 5 days, and then win the NC to boot! Surely something the Squid could never pull off....

Reaction Score
Takes a special coach and a bunch of special players to go through the grind of, say.....5 games in 5 days, and then win the NC to boot! Surely something the Squid could never pull off....

And it takes a special coach to get NBA lottery picks every year and still manage to under-achieve.

Reaction Score
Put the sec basketball tournament right in the middle of football season -- to think anyone could actually pay less attention to sec basketball. I'm picturing 20,000 Kentucky fans and a grand total of 12 other fans from the remaining sec schools.

Reaction Score
I'd have to respectfully disagree with that. Best players in the country year in year out need to win more than one, but that's just me.
4 final fours and 2 title game appearances in 7 seasons. Sure he wasn't won some years where he should've but it's not easy taking it home in a single elimination tourney. We just somehow make it seem that way haha

Reaction Score

Or no one gives a sh_t except the people constantly starting these threads.

Reaction Score
Or no one gives a sh_t except the people constantly starting these threads.

And you who constantly follow people who start these threads to call them ridiculous. So funny, 7774 should be on your coattails any 2nd calling everyone stupid. You want "constant" check that mirror.

Not sure why this isn't a story, the coach who held Calhoun as the reason we were "afraid" of UMass and now he's whining about his conference tourney, what's not to talk about. it is college basketball right?

I'm sure the Kentucky fans are thrilled they bow out with great teams deep in the tourney everywhere though right?:rolleyes:......against teams they should be better than often too!

Reaction Score
See, the problem is that you were awake during the years when the squid was stalking Calhoun with his "they are afraid to play us" crap. I think some of these whiners were crawling on the floor at the time and have no clue what it was like back then, nevermind before Calhoun came to UConn.

Reaction Score
See, the problem is that you were awake during the years when the squid was stalking Calhoun with his "they are afraid to play us" crap. I think some of these whiners were crawling on the floor at the time and have no clue what it was like back then, nevermind before Calhoun came to UConn.
Yeah, it must be the age thing, because it's definitely not us having enough intelligence to laugh at what irrational clowns you guys become when it comes to anything John Calipari.

Our team beats his team on a regular basis in the biggest college basketball games possible, yet he's still managed to carve out an enormous space inside your heads.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it must be the age thing, because it's definitely not us having enough intelligence to laugh at what irrational clowns you guys become when it comes to anything John Calipari.

Our team beats his team on a regular basis in the biggest college basketball games possible, yet he's still managed to carve out an enormous space inside your heads.

Can you believe the "intelligence"card was played again by 7774? Highly unusual :confused:

Let's be sure to only talk about UConn players and coaches now kids or else you look really stupid and irrational.

Reaction Score
Can you believe the "intelligence"card was played again by 7774? Highly unusual :confused:

Let's be sure to only talk about UConn players and coaches now kids or else you look really stupid and irrational.
It's not talking about only Uconn players and coaches, you could talk about the many, many coaches out there doing shady and ridiculous things. But you don't. Only Cal. He owns you. It's hilarious.

Reaction Score

Make note of what you ate for breakfast today because you were on fire.

Reaction Score
It's not talking about only Uconn players and coaches, you could talk about the many, many coaches out there doing shady and ridiculous things. But you don't. Only Cal. He owns you. It's hilarious.

Ok 7774 he "owns" me lol.

Well if that's the case my friend I OWN YOU then. That's much more hilarious, it's easy to get you to come out to play.;)

Reaction Score
Ok 7774 he "owns" me lol.

Well if that's the case my friend I OWN YOU then. That's much more hilarious, it's easy to get you to come out to play.;)
Yeah, I guess that would be a good analogy if John Calipari posted on the board and you interacted with him. Or if you were a public figure who didn't post on the board, and I was constantly making posts about you.

Keep trying though, I'm sure you'll eventually stumble upon something that makes sense from a logical perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom