Just watched my taping of UCONN & Temple. | The Boneyard

Just watched my taping of UCONN & Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought that the defense was very good overall. the problem was PJ Walker was pinpoint in his passes. they were right on the money and he released the ball quickly. the UCONN offense was atrocious. There didn't seem to be a game plan to fit Boyle anywhere. He threw some bad passes and the offensive line was offensive. The commentators constantly pointed out that Temple's running game was doing an extroardinary job in setting up the passing. I didn't see that. they were getting 2 yards a pop for the most part, but the passing was devastating to the defense. this game was lost from the offense forcing the defense to play practically the whole game. Boy le doesn't look like much of an option for next year. He is too slow to recognize the defense.

Reaction Score
I thought that the defense was very good overall. the problem was PJ Walker was pinpoint in his passes. they were right on the money and he released the ball quickly. the UCONN offense was atrocious. There didn't seem to be a game plan to fit Boyle anywhere. He threw some bad passes and the offensive line was offensive. The commentators constantly pointed out that Temple's running game was doing an extroardinary job in setting up the passing. I didn't see that. they were getting 2 yards a pop for the most part, but the passing was devastating to the defense. this game was lost from the offense forcing the defense to play practically the whole game. Boy le doesn't look like much of an option for next year. He is too slow to recognize the defense.

Not only that he's a sitting duck especially behind our oline, if Sherrifs is inaccurate he can at least run. The defense was fine, you can't expect them to keep getting shutouts against good offenses.

Reaction Score
Seriously, jeez. Shirreffs did a pretty good job this year. And let's not be so quick to anoint a kid whose next best offer was from Buffalo. Maybe he'll be a good QB, but I don't think that's at all a sure thing.

I am not discounting Shirreffs, that is why i put a ? after my statement.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs numbers are good. Realize that he put up those numbers behind a very subpar OL and blocking scheme and, well:

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
At least when Uconn was on offense.
That's rough. I couldn't finish the first one- who the hell thought it was a good idea to make 2 more!!

Reaction Score
Shirreffs numbers are good. Realize that he put up those numbers behind a very subpar OL and blocking scheme and, well:

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.

Agree with BL.
The drop off from the sheriff to TB was dramatic. Shirrreffs abilities to move an offense behind a developing OL further highlighted that his skills as a leader. We are bowl bound, IMO, because of a season long effort by the sheriff. If he had a posse, we were bowl bound by the ninth game and not game twelve of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom