Just watched Boat shut down the the Wilbe-beast again... | The Boneyard

Just watched Boat shut down the the Wilbe-beast again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never gets old…

I was at the Garden for the Michigan St game… I DVR'd the game (I knew this was a risk) & watched it again when I got home because I was so amped up… Loved it again (especially the second half)… Thought to myself this was an all-time classic UCONN victory that I would watch over & over again.

Little did I know that the very next UCONN game would be even better. The game against Florida was so sweet. After that victory it was the first time throughout the tourney that I really felt that there was no way UCONN would be denied their 4th Title no matter the opponent.

Boat's D on Scottie Wilbe-Beast was Beastly… He forced up brick after brick. Late in the second half (7:00 minute mark) Napier picked Scottie's pocket & flipped it ahead to Boat for the dunk… Florida was done & they all knew it.

Man was that a sweet thing to witness.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The day Barkely doesn't pick against us will be a terrifying one.
Typically when I DVR a game, I fast forward through the pre-game & the 1/2 time show. During the tournament, listening to the pundits (especially sir charles) continually pick against UCONN was must watch TV… I especially liked to watch the post game show listening to their reasoning on how UCONN was able to pull off the victory.

Greg Anthony was one of the announcers during the UCONN/Florida game. He loved the Huskies guard play & even when they were down big in the first half, he never thought they were out of it (like everyone else did)…

During the last few minutes of the game, he proclaimed that this game was no fluke & that UCONN was just clearly just a better team than Florida. That was pure sweetness!

Reaction Score
I remember watching the game getting really annoyed how they literally only talked about Florida even after we won. Then I realized later that they showed the game on two stations each with a focus on one of the teams...I obviously watched the wrong channel

Reaction Score
Another thing I noticed was the way Napier absolutely shredded the Florida press, especially late in the game when Florida was in desperation mode.

Shabazz really seemed to have the ability to slow-up the game. He never panicked & always made the right pass. Was a real calming force when play was getting frenetic.

Having a team that took care of the ball & made their free-throws as consistently as that bunch was real special & will not easy to replicate.

Reaction Score
Another thing I noticed was the way Napier absolutely shredded the Florida press, especially late in the game when Florida was in desperation mode.

Shabazz really seemed to have the ability to slow-up the game. He never panicked & always made the right pass. Was a real calming force when play was getting frenetic.

Having a team that took care of the ball & made their free-throws as consistently as that bunch was real special & will not easy to replicate.
When they switched to the 1-3-1 bazz and DeAndre absolutely destroyed them. Would have been back to back oops to DeAndre if he'd converted the 2nd one. Although I think we ended up scoring on that possession anyways

Reaction Score
When they switched to the 1-3-1 bazz and DeAndre absolutely destroyed them. Would have been back to back oops to DeAndre if he'd converted the 2nd one. Although I think we ended up scoring on that possession anyways

He converted the 2nd one, instead of laying it directly into the basket he came down and then went back up and put it in. Probably should've got an and 1 as well since he was getting hacked on his arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom