Just Waiting for the Lame Excuses Thrown Out in the Postgame Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just Waiting for the Lame Excuses Thrown Out in the Postgame Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Safe to say Ollie's love and passion for the game is in more of a valley than a peak?

If he's openly talking like that at a presser, I can only imagine how bad the body language and actual language are during practice and the locker room.

Reaction Score
Not to jump on the fire Ollie bandwagon. I think he's earned some leniency here. But can anyone think of successful college coaches who have this sort of attitude? Not a rhetorical question. All the greats in college I can think of have this unapologetic, "our players suck, but for some reason think they are great, but I will let them know otherwise this week" demeanor.

Ollie contrasts so strongly with post game pressers Calhoun used to give - and others like Coach K, Knight, Pitino, Boheim, etc... Like Ollie wants to be the kid's buddy, not the guy they are terrified of, work their asses off for, and ultimately love when they are far enough away from the program to not be scared any more. Like maybe a good assistant who can work with kids one on one when they are too afraid to talk to the head coach, and recruit them. But not coach the fear of God into them so they don't play like kids.

Reaction Score
Larrier was begging for the ball at the free throw line against the zone, wide open most of the time. I think they passed it to him like twice.

Reaction Score
Unlike Diaco, KO is more of a realist....with the fanbase....

Reaction Score
Maybe he should step aside and turn the team over to Miller foe a while. Call it illness or something. When he wants to coach again he can come back.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Must be a strange coincidence, but every Ollie-coached team since Shabazz graduated has had no answer against the zone.

The guy is an incompetent in-game coach.
wow - in competent is strong
I remember people saying the same thing about JC - throw UConn a zone and you stifle them - I remember JT Sr (II) saying that in an interview years ago

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Larrier was begging for the ball at the free throw line against the zone, wide open most of the time. I think they passed it to him like twice.
Thanks
I saw the same thing - he was cutting through continually
I guess you need to watch off the ball to see these things

Reaction Score
wow - in competent is strong
I remember people saying the same thing about JC - throw UConn a zone and you stifle them - I remember JT Sr (II) saying that in an interview years ago
It goes beyond his inability to coach against a zone.

He waits way too long to pull guys who clearly don't have it that day. I'm not saying he needs to have the Calhoun hook - that approach worked for JC, but there's a reason not every coach uses it. But it almost always takes Ollie far too long to find a lineup that's clicking.

And don't even get me started about his timeout usage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom