Just thought of this | The Boneyard

Just thought of this

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What is it with the ESPN people and Tennessee? They keep tailing about Tennessee as if they have been a contender for a national title recently.

Maybe they mean the men's TN team which is smoking IOWA 32-14. ;)

Reaction Score
What is it with the ESPN people and Tennessee? They keep tailing about Tennessee as if they have been a contender for a national title recently.
I have to agree with Paisan and Tenspro2002.

Paisan, did you hear the announcers doing a pity party for Holly at the end of the TN game? Holding her up like a saint for her efforts and passion, without a word of criticism for her inability to do something with her talented teams.

Tenspro, it isn't "just you". I have nothing against an authentic accent, but theirs sounds forced and is annoying because they probably don't speak that way when off the mike.

Reaction Score

Paisan, did you hear the announcers doing a pity party for Holly at the end of the TN game? Holding her up like a saint for her efforts and passion, without a word of criticism for her inability to do something with her talented teams.

Tenspro, it isn't "just you". I have nothing against an authentic accent, but theirs sounds forced and is annoying because they probably don't speak that way when off the mike.
Have not watched Tenn much. Yes could be coaching but just maybe the players are not as talented as everyone thinks?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have not watched Tenn much. Yes could be coaching but just maybe the players are not as talented as everyone thinks?
TN seems to try to recruit very good athletes. But sometimes not great basketball players. And then yea, there is the coaching.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They were really, really, really good...for a long time.
Right now, they have excellent players and a great recruiting class (again)
Couple that with the worst coaching (just about)...others will argue their coach qualifies...in D1
And all that talent is left clueless.

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score

Why on earth would they exaggerate their accent?

Reaction Score

One of the 2 most storied programs in WCBB history; yeah whatever could ESPN be thinking. And given that TN was a #3 seed last year, and beat 3 of the final four the year before, they havent exactly been irrelevant.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Lu-ah ville going to albany

Reaction Score
One of the 2 most storied programs in WCBB history; yeah whatever could ESPN be thinking. And given that TN was a #3 seed last year, and beat 3 of the final four the year before, they havent exactly been irrelevant.

Ya but if I hung my hat and reputation on the fact i was a 3 seed in the women's tournament, that would be sad

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A possibly related aside: does the incessant Southern drawl among announcers and commentators grate on anyone else, or is that just me?
Just you.

Reaction Score

Well generally speaking they have been contenders.... generally meaning in the past 10 years.... most recently as a #3 seed in 2018, but the funny thing is that on the Lady Vol fan boards, their own fans saw them as a distinct underdog to the #6 seed to whom they lost, Oregon State.

And from 2010 to 2015, Tennessee was 3 times the #1 seed in its region, and 3 times the #2 seed. Of course the team was never able to make the final 4 in these years.....

Reaction Score
ESPN at time seems to confuse history lessons with today's women's basketball. Its been a long time since TN Women's had a relevant basketball team.

Reaction Score
ESPN at time seems to confuse history lessons with today's women's basketball. Its been a long time since TN Women's had a relevant basketball team.

We know that but does ESPN?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom