Just stopping by and wishing everyone good luck | The Boneyard

Just stopping by and wishing everyone good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just thought I would drop by and wish everyone good luck with the season starting and all.

cuse somehow managed to not have their recruit qualify again this year which puts them on an impressive run with that. Also looks like Tyler Ash will need some really good luck to play at all this season. needless to say cuse is off to a shaky start.

Reaction Score
Are you sure you posted on the correct board? In any case, good luck to you guys, as well. This being your last year in the Big East may also represent Syracuse's best chance of beating UConn. It may not be a good chance, but it is your best chance.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Are you sure you posted on the correct board? In any case, good luck to you guys, as well. This being your last year in the Big East may also represent Syracuse's best chance of beating UConn. It may not be a good chance, but it is your best chance.

Well, Tyler Ash is female. So unless she reeeeeeeeeeeally developed or decided to switch sports, I'm thinking this is the right board.

Reaction Score
Good luck with your season and plans of moving to the ACC. The money driven aspect of Football has shaken up college sports,Conferences,and drawn womens sports,into the ugly components of mens sports on all levels.This has turned me off to a large degree to the major mens sports in this country! What I love about Womens Basketball,especially our Huskies is how the team aspect,fundamentals,the vast majority of the team being together for 4 or more years<depending on medical and other redshirting>and the continued importance of being Student/Athletes brings a joy I used to get many years ago from all sports. The Huskie womens basketball team brings me great enjoyment on so many levels. Geno's love of how John Wooden believed in and played the game does remind me of the Bruins. Coach Wooden expressed many times that he loved how the women played the game!

Reaction Score
I should have done some research.

Given Coach Wooden's gushing support of women's basketball, one would think that UCLA's women's program would have enjoyed a greater level of success and support.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Given Coach Wooden's gushing support of women's basketball, one would think that UCLA's women's program would have enjoyed a greater level of success and support.

No biggie. I was just trying to make a joke. On second look, it read a bit more snarky than intended.

Reaction Score

Having lived near Westwood for over 26 years<in NJ now> and been a fanatic Bruin since I was a kid. I was lucky enough to have lived through those magical golden years. You are correct that even though the Wizard was always a huge supporter of womens basketball and the way it was and is played,it never got the support and fan base that exists at other schools. They did have some great players including Ann Meyers. Nicki Caldwell had an opportunity to create something very special,but she left for LSU. Sadly she decimated the 2011 recruiting class,a potentially great team for 2011 and what she was creating for 2012 and beyond! She obviousley wanted to get back to the SEC and I suspect has her eyes on the future at TN.
What we have is the best Coach and Womens Program in the Country!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
No biggie. I was just trying to make a joke. On second look, it read a bit more snarky than intended.

I am not sure you could have responded to my gaffe any differently. It was an appropriate response.

Reaction Score
Good luck with your season and plans of moving to the ACC. The money driven aspect of Football has shaken up college sports,Conferences,and drawn womens sports,into the ugly components of mens sports on all levels.This has turned me off to a large degree to the major mens sports in this country! What I love about Womens Basketball,especially our Huskies is how the team aspect,fundamentals,the vast majority of the team being together for 4 or more years<depending on medical and other redshirting>and the continued importance of being Student/Athletes brings a joy I used to get many years ago from all sports. The Huskie womens basketball team brings me great enjoyment on so many levels. Geno's love of how John Wooden believed in and played the game does remind me of the Bruins. Coach Wooden expressed many times that he loved how the women played the game!

Don't disagree entirely with you about money/football. At the same time its how its always been we(fans) were just blind to the reality of the money situation.

the irony is if schools/gov't were forced to act on reality of situation people would be even more upset.

uconn is rare when it comes to wbb because the program can sustain itself.

i mean there is only so much money to go around and when most schools only have one program(football) that makes money one could argue that its reasonable for that sport to be prioritized ahead of programs that are run at a total loss.

I mean if football being in the acc will generate the athletic department more money so they can afford to fully fund wlax isn't that a positive thing?

Reaction Score
I am all for change, but appreciate the basis(whatever the plural of basis might be.I should look it up) of how many of the conferences were formed - geography, size of schools, academic standing. I would like to believe that money was not the overriding basis, while an effort to save money certainly was. Now, it s all about money. Nothing good can come from such a blatantly greedy pursuit.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i mean there is only so much money to go around and when most schools only have one program(football) that makes money one could argue that its reasonable for that sport to be prioritized ahead of programs that are run at a total loss.
Actually, the number of schools making money off of football is relatively few but it is certainly a matter of trying to be among the haves and not the have nots.

Reaction Score
Actually, the number of schools making money off of football is relatively few but it is certainly a matter of trying to be among the haves and not the have nots.

Sounds like Ice is experimenting with the title of his Hemingwayesque novel, To Have and Not Have Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom