Just started pouring in old Lyme | The Boneyard

Just started pouring in old Lyme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Stores over here in my part of Little Rhody are sold out of water, plywood, generators and bourbon. And I missed out on all four.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stores over here in my part of Little Rhody are sold out of water, plywood, generators and bourbon. And I missed out on all four.

Most likely you will have plenty of water and the generators and plywood aren't critical.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score

You forgot Del's lemonade, coffee milk, chips and quahogs for the chowdah.

Reaction Score
Most likely you will have plenty of water and the generators and plywood aren't critical.

Heavy bands of rain have been coming through all morning in the Hartford / Manchester area.

I was just at CVS, water going out in a steady stream. Got mine along with some canned food at Sam's yesterday. No C or D batteries to be found in any store in Manchester, so we will be without radio if power goes out. My next door neighbors, from Puerto Rico, have been out boarding up their windows all morning. I don't think that is necessary this far inland, but whatever it takes to make them feel safe. Frankly, my windows need to be replaced...bring it on, Irene! I have plenty of Yankee Candles to light my way around the house if we lose power, since I couldn't find the batteries for my big flashlight. I think we will be fine.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Pretty steady rain since lunchtime in Weston (inland, north of Westport, east of Wilton, west of Easton, south of Redding, Fairfield County).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Pretty steady rain since lunchtime in Weston (inland, north of Westport, east of Wilton, west of Easton, south of Redding, Fairfield County).
Here in D.C., it rained on and off in the morning, moderately in early afternoon, and very heavily the past few hours. It has looked like night since 4 PM.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
in NYC It has been raining for a while. I am really nervous. The wait is killing me. I wish it just would start in earnest, because that would mean that it will be over..eventually.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Really quiet most of the day in Westport, rain started 7ish. Best part of the pre storm is we were able to get into the Tarry Lodge as they had some cancellations. Now I can go to bed and our certain power outage with a full stomach!

Stay dry!

Reaction Score
I hope this is a case of "the anticipation far exceeds the actual event" since the many days of promo and hype for up here in CT has been very anxiety provoking. Let it be over already!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Really quiet most of the day in Westport, rain started 7ish. Best part of the pre storm is we were able to get into the Tarry Lodge as they had some cancellations. Now I can go to bed and our certain power outage with a full stomach!

Stay dry!
Good move! I went to Wolfgang Puck's The Source, which is also tough to get into under normal circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom