Just some thoughts | The Boneyard

Just some thoughts

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts. I feel with all their time off, last season, and Geno did everything he could to made sure they were and would be healthy, Paige Azzi and Caroline will come back very healthy. Caroline may not be able to go 40 minutes however I feel with the rest and rehabilitation shes had she will be ready for some very good minutes. With Paige on the floor Azzi will be even better. Both will have 1st team AAs seasons. Paige will do what it takes to make UConn unbeatable. Paige is a leader, thrives on pressure and comes through when UConn needs her. We've seen it before so there is no reason to think she wont be back. Aaliyah is showing much improvement and will be a pleasure to watch this season, and with Paige and Azzi on the floor with her she will only be better.

As far as UConn lacking a 5. Well UConn has enough players who can play various positions to be effective. Griff, Jana, ICE, Yanna,"Q" and Amari will be effective this season. With that said give them time to develop. As our underclassman develop UConn will only get better. UConn will have plenty of bigs coming to them over the next few seasons because of one thing. Geno and UConn are internationally known and respected. I dont know of another team that has that kind of grip on their sport in America and Internationally. Geno is highly respected in America as well as overseas. This summers trip to Europe with draw international fans not only to see the famous Geno and his UConn women but girls will want to make their presence known.

When you have 2 generational players like Paige and Azzi on your team with a roster like UConn has how can anyone think there is a team better? The only way I could even think why people would think that is because they were injured last season. My answer to that is if they werent healthy enough to play they wouldnt be practicing with the team right now. So Im going on the belief because they are practicing and playing with the team they are ready to go. Next question are they going to be at what they were? My answer is if theyre not now they will be over the next few months by playing.

I will say this with the utmost confidence, UConn will sign more top 5 players then any other team this season unless things change and I doubt that very much. Geno has deep roots not only in America but around the world. Geno attracts top players who have the "want to be great attitude". As good as some other coaches and programs are we have seen that before. Geno has been doing this for over 25 years. His comrades have not.

I felt after reading so many threads and posts I had to say something. As good as LSU is and with the addition of Van Lith and Morrow they will be good again. On their previous teams they were go to players and had the green light. That green light at LSU will be shared just like its shared at UConn however UConn has Paige and Azzi and their arent any 2 players like them on any team.

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment that we have 2 generational talents but you did not address the elephant in the room which is both Paige and Azzi have spent more time in tik tok videos than on the court playing together. I'm sure the entire Uconn fan base hopes that they can both stay healthy for the whole season and give us what we've been thirsty for another NC.

Reaction Score
For your amusement. Unless you have been hiding under a rock you probably have heard all the hype about generative AI recently (also known as BS generators by some people in the field). For fun, I decide to ask ChatGPT and Google Bard

Can you write an opinion piece about the upcoming 2023-2024 season for Uconn Huskies women's basketball?

In both versions, Uconn won't have Paige.

Reaction Score
ChatGPT version

Title: UConn Huskies Women's Basketball: The Dawn of a New Era

Introduction:

As the 2023-2024 season approaches, the UConn Huskies women's basketball team finds itself at an intriguing crossroads. After a remarkable run of success under the guidance of Coach Geno Auriemma, the upcoming season marks a transition period for the program. With key departures and fresh faces, the Huskies are poised to embrace a new era and redefine their path to greatness.

The Departure of Legends:

The 2023-2024 season marks a significant turning point for the UConn Huskies as they bid farewell to a group of extraordinary players who have left an indelible mark on the program. Players such as Paige Bueckers, the reigning national player of the year, and Olivia Nelson-Ododa have concluded their illustrious collegiate careers, leaving behind a legacy of excellence and numerous accomplishments. Their leadership and on-court brilliance will be sorely missed, creating an opportunity for new players to step up and make their mark.

Emerging Stars and Fresh Talent:

While the loss of key players presents a challenge, it also paves the way for emerging stars and incoming freshmen to showcase their skills and contribute to the team's success. The UConn Huskies have always had a knack for attracting top-tier talent, and this season is no different. Under Coach Auriemma's guidance, the new recruits will have the opportunity to learn from the best and grow into formidable players themselves.

The likes of Azzi Fudd, the highly-touted guard, and Amari DeBerry, a versatile forward, bring a blend of athleticism and basketball IQ to the team. Their potential, combined with the development of returning players, provides an exciting glimpse into the future of the program. As they adapt to the collegiate level and find their roles within the team, these emerging stars will be instrumental in UConn's pursuit of success.

Coach Auriemma's Continued Brilliance:

At the helm of the UConn Huskies, Coach Geno Auriemma's brilliance as a strategist and motivator remains a constant. His ability to adapt to changing circumstances and maximize the potential of his players has been the bedrock of UConn's success. Despite the departure of key players, Auriemma's expertise and guidance will ensure that the team remains a formidable force in the competitive landscape of women's college basketball.

In addition to his strategic prowess, Coach Auriemma's emphasis on team culture and work ethic will continue to shape the program's identity. The Huskies have always prided themselves on selfless play and a commitment to excellence, and these core values will remain intact as new players assimilate into the team. Under Auriemma's tutelage, the UConn Huskies will strive to forge a cohesive unit capable of overcoming any challenge that comes their way.

A Quest for Reinvention:

As the 2023-2024 season unfolds, the UConn Huskies women's basketball team enters a phase of reinvention and evolution. While they bid farewell to beloved stars of the past, the team's legacy of success serves as a catalyst for continued greatness. With a blend of emerging talent, experienced players, and an extraordinary coach, UConn remains a force to be reckoned with.

The upcoming season presents an opportunity for new heroes to emerge, new narratives to unfold, and new chapters to be written. Fans of UConn Huskies basketball will witness the birth of a new era, where the team's resilience, adaptability, and unwavering spirit will be on full display.

Conclusion:

The 2023-2024 season for the UConn Huskies women's basketball team symbolizes a period of transition and rejuvenation.

Reaction Score
Google Bard version

UConn Huskies Women's Basketball: A Year of Transition

The UConn Huskies women's basketball team is coming off a disappointing 2022-2023 season, in which they failed to make it to the Final Four for the first time since 2013. The team lost several key players to graduation and the WNBA draft, including Paige Bueckers, Christyn Williams, and Olivia Nelson-Ododa.

Despite the losses, the Huskies still have a talented roster led by Aaliyah Edwards, Caroline Ducharme, and Azzi Fudd. Edwards is a versatile forward who can score inside and out. Ducharme is a long, athletic guard who can shoot the three-pointer and defend multiple positions. Fudd is a five-star recruit who is one of the most hyped players in the country.

The Huskies will also be getting a boost from their recruiting class, which includes KK Arnold, Ashlynn Shade, and Morgan Cheli. Arnold is a five-star guard who is known for her shooting and ball-handling skills. Shade is a four-star guard who is a strong defender and rebounder. Cheli is a four-star guard who is a versatile scorer and playmaker.

The Huskies will be facing a tough schedule in 2023-2024, but they have the potential to be a Final Four contender. The team will need to find a way to replace the scoring and leadership of Bueckers, Williams, and Nelson-Ododa. If they can do that, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Here are some of the key factors that will determine the Huskies' success in 2023-2024:

• The development of Aaliyah Edwards: Edwards is the Huskies' best player and will need to have a big year if they want to make a deep run in the NCAA Tournament.
  • The play of Caroline Ducharme: Ducharme is a rising star who has the potential to be one of the best players in the country. She will need to be consistent on both ends of the floor for the Huskies to be successful.
  • The health of Azzi Fudd: Fudd is one of the most talented players in the country, but she has been injury-prone in her career. If she can stay healthy, she could be a difference-maker for the Huskies.
The UConn Huskies women's basketball team is entering a year of transition. They have a talented roster, but they will need to find a way to replace the scoring and leadership of Paige Bueckers, Christyn Williams, and Olivia Nelson-Ododa. If they can do that, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Reaction Score
A couple of thoughts. I feel with all their time off, last season, and Geno did everything he could to made sure they were and would be healthy, Paige Azzi and Caroline will come back very healthy. Caroline may not be able to go 40 minutes however I feel with the rest and rehabilitation shes had she will be ready for some very good minutes. With Paige on the floor Azzi will be even better. Both will have 1st team AAs seasons. Paige will do what it takes to make UConn unbeatable. Paige is a leader, thrives on pressure and comes through when UConn needs her. We've seen it before so there is no reason to think she wont be back. Aaliyah is showing much improvement and will be a pleasure to watch this season, and with Paige and Azzi on the floor with her she will only be better.

As far as UConn lacking a 5. Well UConn has enough players who can play various positions to be effective. Griff, Jana, ICE, Yanna,"Q" and Amari will be effective this season. With that said give them time to develop. As our underclassman develop UConn will only get better. UConn will have plenty of bigs coming to them over the next few seasons because of one thing. Geno and UConn are internationally known and respected. I dont know of another team that has that kind of grip on their sport in America and Internationally. Geno is highly respected in America as well as overseas. This summers trip to Europe with draw international fans not only to see the famous Geno and his UConn women but girls will want to make their presence known.

When you have 2 generational players like Paige and Azzi on your team with a roster like UConn has how can anyone think there is a team better? The only way I could even think why people would think that is because they were injured last season. My answer to that is if they werent healthy enough to play they wouldnt be practicing with the team right now. So Im going on the belief because they are practicing and playing with the team they are ready to go. Next question are they going to be at what they were? My answer is if theyre not now they will be over the next few months by playing.

I will say this with the utmost confidence, UConn will sign more top 5 players then any other team this season unless things change and I doubt that very much. Geno has deep roots not only in America but around the world. Geno attracts top players who have the "want to be great attitude". As good as some other coaches and programs are we have seen that before. Geno has been doing this for over 25 years. His comrades have not.

I felt after reading so many threads and posts I had to say something. As good as LSU is and with the addition of Van Lith and Morrow they will be good again. On their previous teams they were go to players and had the green light. That green light at LSU will be shared just like its shared at UConn however UConn has Paige and Azzi and their arent any 2 players like them on any team.
Oh! When I think of what could have been last year, with Paige and Azzi on the floor together for an entire season. Caitlin carried Iowa to the NC game with no teammates anywhere near the level of Azzi. And Paige and Azzi would have had so much talent backing them. It makes me almost weep for what coulda, shoulda, woulda been.

Looking back at the season now, it's almost laughable how much we clutched at our pearls worrying about whether they were good enough. OMG!!! Paige Azzi Nika Aaliyah Dorka Lou Aubrey Ice Ayanna Inês Amari and Caroline [!!!!!] would have had an answer for every opponent. Well, we won't have that group again. But what we will have will be similar, perhaps even better! And don't waste my time with "if only they're healthy" or any other craven worries. They will be exactly what they will be -- namely AWESOME!!!!

This is the only sort of reply worthy of a post by @Tonyc !!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think the AI whatevers SHOULD BE BANNED! Posts here should come out of a human brain. If you are too lazy to write it, then move on.

Reaction Score
For your amusement. Unless you have been hiding under a rock you probably have heard all the hype about generative AI recently (also known as BS generators by some people in the field). For fun, I decide to ask ChatGPT and Google Bard

Can you write an opinion piece about the upcoming 2023-2024 season for Uconn Huskies women's basketball?

In both versions, Uconn won't have Paige.
In fairness, ChatGPT has limited access to data post-2021, so it’s likely that it can’t give comprehensive info/predictions for the upcoming season. I’m not sure if Bard as the same limitations. Still, these were interesting to read!

Reaction Score
Just picture the 1961 Yankees with Mantle, Maris and Ellston Howard anchoring the lineup and Whitey Ford as the ace on the mound. That's what last year's team could have been if they'd been healthy with Paige Azzi Lou Aaliyah and Caroline as the sluggers, and Nika on the mound. Or the 1936 Yankees, with Gehrig, DiMaggio and Bill Dickey each knocking in well over 100 RBI and Lefty Gomez the ace on the mound. I'd mention Red Sox teams or Dodgers teams, whoever you please, but last year's Huskies would have outclassed them all -- if they'd been healthy.

Dorka and Aaliyah in the front court backed by Ice and Ayanna, Nika Paige and Azzi in the backcourt backed by Caroline Lou Aubrey and Inês -- what else can you say but fuhgedaboutit! I mean, who'd have been able to shut down Paige Azzi Lou and Caroline on any given night? And with any two of them hitting, if not all four, who'd have dared to double team Aaliyah and Dorka in the paint?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I felt after reading so many threads and posts I had to say something. As good as LSU is and with the addition of Van Lith and Morrow they will be good again. On their previous teams they were go to players and had the green light. That green light at LSU will be shared just like it's shared at UConn however UConn has Paige and Azzi and there arent any 2 players like them on any team.
Criss Angel Magic GIF by DefyTV

I need a little dose of TonyC in the off-season

Reaction Score
Why?

because these are just AI language models, they don't KNOW any facts and they do make things up from time to time. I told ChatGPT that Paige is still playing for Uconn in 2023-2024 and it revises its essay to be much more glowing but it also put ONO back on the roster as well ;)

Reaction Score

@Tonyc is in mid-season form!!!

GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score

Well said.

Reaction Score
ChatGPT version

Title: UConn Huskies Women's Basketball: The Dawn of a New Era

Introduction:

As the 2023-2024 season approaches, the UConn Huskies women's basketball team finds itself at an intriguing crossroads. After a remarkable run of success under the guidance of Coach Geno Auriemma, the upcoming season marks a transition period for the program. With key departures and fresh faces, the Huskies are poised to embrace a new era and redefine their path to greatness.

The Departure of Legends:

The 2023-2024 season marks a significant turning point for the UConn Huskies as they bid farewell to a group of extraordinary players who have left an indelible mark on the program. Players such as Paige Bueckers, the reigning national player of the year, and Olivia Nelson-Ododa have concluded their illustrious collegiate careers, leaving behind a legacy of excellence and numerous accomplishments. Their leadership and on-court brilliance will be sorely missed, creating an opportunity for new players to step up and make their mark.

Emerging Stars and Fresh Talent:

While the loss of key players presents a challenge, it also paves the way for emerging stars and incoming freshmen to showcase their skills and contribute to the team's success. The UConn Huskies have always had a knack for attracting top-tier talent, and this season is no different. Under Coach Auriemma's guidance, the new recruits will have the opportunity to learn from the best and grow into formidable players themselves.

The likes of Azzi Fudd, the highly-touted guard, and Amari DeBerry, a versatile forward, bring a blend of athleticism and basketball IQ to the team. Their potential, combined with the development of returning players, provides an exciting glimpse into the future of the program. As they adapt to the collegiate level and find their roles within the team, these emerging stars will be instrumental in UConn's pursuit of success.

Coach Auriemma's Continued Brilliance:

At the helm of the UConn Huskies, Coach Geno Auriemma's brilliance as a strategist and motivator remains a constant. His ability to adapt to changing circumstances and maximize the potential of his players has been the bedrock of UConn's success. Despite the departure of key players, Auriemma's expertise and guidance will ensure that the team remains a formidable force in the competitive landscape of women's college basketball.

In addition to his strategic prowess, Coach Auriemma's emphasis on team culture and work ethic will continue to shape the program's identity. The Huskies have always prided themselves on selfless play and a commitment to excellence, and these core values will remain intact as new players assimilate into the team. Under Auriemma's tutelage, the UConn Huskies will strive to forge a cohesive unit capable of overcoming any challenge that comes their way.

A Quest for Reinvention:

As the 2023-2024 season unfolds, the UConn Huskies women's basketball team enters a phase of reinvention and evolution. While they bid farewell to beloved stars of the past, the team's legacy of success serves as a catalyst for continued greatness. With a blend of emerging talent, experienced players, and an extraordinary coach, UConn remains a force to be reckoned with.

The upcoming season presents an opportunity for new heroes to emerge, new narratives to unfold, and new chapters to be written. Fans of UConn Huskies basketball will witness the birth of a new era, where the team's resilience, adaptability, and unwavering spirit will be on full display.

Conclusion:

The 2023-2024 season for the UConn Huskies women's basketball team symbolizes a period of transition and rejuvenation.
ChatGPT does not have access to the Internet. ChatGPT 3 is trained on a dataset that ends in June 20. ChatGPT 4, which you have to pay for (I pay for it), ends in September 2021. It’s trying to answer your question without having the necessary knowledge. What’s important to remember, I think, is that ChatGPT, Bard, Bing Chat, and other chatbots are in their early stages. They’re infants. When they grow up, they’ll be smarter and more reliable. With the upcoming robots, they might be able to play basketball.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ChatGPT does not have access to the Internet. ChatGPT 3 is trained on a dataset that ends in June 20. ChatGPT 4, which you have to pay for (I pay for it), ends in September 2021. It’s trying to answer your question without having the necessary knowledge. What’s important to remember, I think, is that ChatGPT, Bard, Bing Chat, and other chatbots are in their early stages. They’re infants. When they grow up, they’ll be smarter and more reliable. With the upcoming robots, they might be able to play basketball.
So basically what you're saying is these AI chatbots are pretty much like most posters here on the BY. Except with the ability to spell and use grammar properly. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just picture the 1961 Yankees with Mantle, Maris and Ellston Howard anchoring the lineup and Whitey Ford as the ace on the mound. That's what last year's team could have been if they'd been healthy with Paige Azzi Lou Aaliyah and Caroline as the sluggers, and Nika on the mound. Or the 1936 Yankees, with Gehrig, DiMaggio and Bill Dickey each knocking in well over 100 RBI and Lefty Gomez the ace on the mound. I'd mention Red Sox teams or Dodgers teams, whoever you please, but last year's Huskies would have outclassed them all -- if they'd been healthy.

Dorka and Aaliyah in the front court backed by Ice and Ayanna, Nika Paige and Azzi in the backcourt backed by Caroline Lou Aubrey and Inês -- what else can you say but fuhgedaboutit! I mean, who'd have been able to shut down Paige Azzi Lou and Caroline on any given night? And with any two of them hitting, if not all four, who'd have dared to double team Aaliyah and Dorka in the paint?
Giving @Tonyc a run for his money aren't you. Competition is good.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
So basically what you're saying is these AI chatbots are pretty much like most posters here on the BY. Except with the ability to spell and use grammar properly. ;)
and just like the BY, it provides us much humor, amazement and disbelief.... --

plus, loads of misinformation (while the BY comes through with some terrific facts).

Reaction Score
I just wish that he would not be so demanding in practice where most of the injuries occur before they even get a chance to play a game. Then they are worthless and less effective for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
I just wish that he would not be so demanding in practice where most of the injuries occur before they even get a chance to play a game. Then they are worthless and less effective for the rest of the season.
????? Did Paige, Azzi and Caroline's injures result in practice?

Reaction Score
We need artificial intelligence because there's so little of the organic stuff. If AI used the BY as a reference source it would be much more intelligent, then again maybe not :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom