Just rewatched the Rutgers Game and the Diaco Press Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just rewatched the Rutgers Game and the Diaco Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rutgers has a large state full of athletic talent, next door to a huge city full of athletic talent; a great conference affiliation with glamorous opponents on the schedule; and an enormous influx of money and media attention. Nothing can stop their success but themselves.

Which tells me - you're right! Their future is bleak.

With all of the upside that you have described above, please tell us what has been keeping them from being successful?

Reaction Score
Several B1G administrators said they wished they had added us instead of Rutgirls.

Where??

Road dog, interesting, but who said it and when? Not doubting you...but would really like to know.
I think we are not on Delaney's radar and he calls the shots in the B1G, in CR and in the BCS (more than we want to admit)...moreso than the B1G school presidents.
.... If it was Delaney, I would be in shock. .......

Reaction Score
Rutgers has a large state full of athletic talent, next door to a huge city full of athletic talent; a great conference affiliation with glamorous opponents on the schedule; and an enormous influx of money and media attention. Nothing can stop their success but themselves.

Which tells me - you're right! Their future is bleak.

They've had that upside for years. Nothing is going to change, ever.

Reaction Score
Yes, and Rutgers is not really playing Notre Dame in a bowl game (despite our crappy year) instead of UCONN, and not really going to the Big Ten instead of UCONN, and hasn't really beaten UCONN in 6 of the last 9 years....and Rutgers isn't really 22-11 lifetime against UCONN ...ahh forget it. It's too easy.

Merry Christmas to you Skiblets and uconndog.

You don't get it, do you?

Happy Holidays.

Reaction Score
Yes, and Rutgers is not really playing Notre Dame in a bowl game (despite our crappy year) instead of UCONN, and not really going to the Big Ten instead of UCONN, and hasn't really beaten UCONN in 6 of the last 9 years....and Rutgers isn't really 22-11 lifetime against UCONN ...ahh forget it. It's too easy.

Merry Christmas to you Skiblets and uconndog.

You got your stool pushed in by the worst UConn team of my lifetime... ahh forget it. It's too easy. Merry Christmas.

Reaction Score
Here's how a Rutgers fan on the main board(Rivals) described their situation and mindset:

"We only have so much fight to give. Try being beaten down in litearlly every way imaginable for the past idk, 100+ years and see how easy it is to stick it out. Getting our B1G invite has been cursed, literally nothing has gone right since that happened. And its probably some form of karma because we have absolutely no business being in the B1G in any capacity. Our University has and always will be small=time because of the mind bending indifference and incompetence of the president/board of governers/board of trustees/new jersey political structure. All the positive momentum we'd built over the last few years has essentially washed away. Our coach is a lame duck, we've had 8 decommits this class including all but one of our 4 stars, there are rumors a bunch of our curren't players will transfer at the end of the season because of how ducked the coaching staff is (don't know if i believe it or not, but rumors are bad enough). The only thing worth getting excited about is the possibility of beating a ND team missing most of their best players, when in reality our defense is so bad that you could legitimately beat us by 40 and it wouldn't be the least bit shocking. So yes....defeated is a good word."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom