Just rewatched the Rutgers Game and the Diaco Press Conference | The Boneyard

Just rewatched the Rutgers Game and the Diaco Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just so you know, we have not really beaten Rutgers 2 of the last 3. I mean, based on the scores that's what happened. But, in the all important world of recruiting sites, reality doesn't matter. They are so much more talented that we could not possibly have beaten them.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The ESPNU announcer at one point indicated that whoever gets the UConn job will have a lot of talent to work with. I immediately thought that Des would disagree :)

The cupboard was bare. Pasqualoni walked into a train wreck.

What's good?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, now Des will say that PP left the cupboard full and if Diaco has success it will be because of PP.

P inherited a team that should have been better than 5-7 and Diaco is inheriting a team that should be better than 5-7. Having a QB means a lot and Casey should be one of the top 4 QB's in the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
P inherited a team that should have been better than 5-7 and Diaco is inheriting a team that should be better than 5-7. Having a QB means a lot and Casey should be one of the top 4 QB's in the AAC.
Definitely top 10 inthe AAC

Reaction Score
Several B1G administrators said they wished they had added us instead of Rutgirls.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Des stopped his weekly chats because his buddy PP was getting raked over the coals and his undying support of PP was being called out.

I would imagine his thin skin was a big part of ending the chats. He couldn't handle the banter....it's fine that he defended PP, but he never found a way to defend his position without making it so personal.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

I think that is a good question...who has inherited more talent? Both lines were significantly better when PP arrived than when Diaco got here. We all pretty much agree that line play is the key to success. PP also inherited better special teams. Specials are a mess right now.

But....skill positions are better.

I think overall PP had more talent...but I think Diaco will do more with what he has. I also think that PP retained a fair amount of the staff and he didn't change the schemes that much. It wasn't that much of a change for the players. Diaco is overhauling the staff and most likely changing all schemes. I would guess it will take longer for the players to adapt to Diaco's scheme than it took them to adapt to PPs scheme.

Without looking closely at the schedule and player movement in the league....I still feel BD is capable of 6-6 or better. Which is a good start.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Actually, now Des will say that PP left the cupboard full and if Diaco has success it will be because of PP.

But you know, if he did leave the cupboard full that would be a good thing all around.

Reaction Score
Just so you know, we have not really beaten Rutgers 2 of the last 3. I mean, based on the scores that's what happened. But, in the all important world of recruiting sites, reality doesn't matter. They are so much more talented that we could not possibly have beaten them.

Yes, and Rutgers is not really playing Notre Dame in a bowl game (despite our crappy year) instead of UCONN, and not really going to the Big Ten instead of UCONN, and hasn't really beaten UCONN in 6 of the last 9 years....and Rutgers isn't really 22-11 lifetime against UCONN ...ahh forget it. It's too easy.

Merry Christmas to you Skiblets and uconndog.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Yes, and Rutgers is not really playing Notre Dame in a bowl game (despite our crappy year) instead of UCONN, and not really going to the Big Ten instead of UCONN, and hasn't really beaten UCONN in 6 of the last 9 years....and Rutgers isn't really 22-11 lifetime against UCONN ...ahh forget it. It's too easy.

congrats on being nd's least anticipated opponent, a new conferences least desired addition, americas worst run athletic department, and new jerseys dirty little secret.

Reaction Score

The only response you need to hear is this. Your future is so, so bleak. Even your delusion won't protect you from what's coming. It's going to be oh so fun to watch.

Please stop by at the end of each season, won't you? ;)

Reaction Score

Love how Rutgers fans reference winning 6 of 9, then jump right to the "lifetime" record. Conveniently leaving out the 3 games prior to those 9 that UConn swept. Since UConn made the decision to move up to D1 (so this century) the teams are actually 6-6 against each other. as for both teams records this year, in UConn's worst year since moving up, all of UConn's OOC are playing in bowl games and our 1 FCS opponent is in the national championship, and 3 of RU's 4 OOC averaged less than 3 wins., including their FCS opponent.

They did win the CR lottery, I will give them that, but that had zero to do with their performance on the field.

Reaction Score
The ESPNU announcer at one point indicated that whoever gets the UConn job will have a lot of talent to work with. I immediately thought that Des would disagree :)

What's good?

Reaction Score
Love how Rutgers fans reference winning 6 of 9, then jump right to the "lifetime" record. Conveniently leaving out the 3 games prior to those 9 that UConn swept. Since UConn made the decision to move up to D1 (so this century) the teams are actually 6-6 against each other. as for both teams records this year, in UConn's worst year since moving up, all of UConn's OOC are playing in bowl games and our 1 FCS opponent is in the national championship, and 3 of RU's 4 OOC averaged less than 3 wins., including their FCS opponent.

They did win the CR lottery, I will give them that, but that had zero to do with their performance on the field.

Really, when you think of Rutgers as the University of New Jersey, that's all you need to do. Stop there. University of New Jersey. It's what it is. They like to throw this name "Rutgers" around, like it means something, like Princeton, or Dartmouth, or Columbia, or Yale.....etc....but it doesn't. They're the state university of New Jersey. When you drive through, when you get off exit 9 - it all makes sense.

Frankly, we can't be that aloof, either, because we are the University of Connecticut, and when somebody from elsewhere in the country says - "Oh - he's a UCONN guy, well - it also means something. Most likely - it means "what an arrogant ass, just because they always win , and cheat, and well...." , and like it or not, Storrs is not in Fairfield County, otherwise we'd call the Big 10 home already.

Whatever - the trophy case is full, and we're building new trophy cases to fill every year. Football will add more - soon.

So - can we please just start referring to SUNJ as the University of New Jersey from now on? It really solves all problems, when you simply write or say:

"Oh, you're a University of New Jersey guy."

Reaction Score

Why are you here?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Come on, why let the facts get in the way of delusions of grandeur. You missed one though, Ruters SOS 89, UCONN 66. Looks like they're running up the score on that one.

Reaction Score

So Rutgers is playing in its 9th bowl game in their 141 year football history. If my math is correct that means Rutgers makes a bowl game 0.06% of the time. Not bad. I'm sure that will improve when you start the B1G schedule.

pj

Reaction Score
The only response you need to hear is this. Your future is so, so bleak. Even your delusion won't protect you from what's coming. It's going to be oh so fun to watch.

Please stop by at the end of each season, won't you? ;)

Rutgers has a large state full of athletic talent, next door to a huge city full of athletic talent; a great conference affiliation with glamorous opponents on the schedule; and an enormous influx of money and media attention. Nothing can stop their success but themselves.

Which tells me - you're right! Their future is bleak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom