Just rewatched NCST in 3D, random thoughts... | The Boneyard

Just rewatched NCST in 3D, random thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
My new roommate moved in with his 3D tv... watched my first 3d basketball game which was a replay of the NCST game on ESPN3D. I'll get to my thoughts on the game in a second, but does anyone else have a 3D tv or watched a game in 3D? Impressions?
I think the 3D definitely enhances the viewing of basketball games. You have better depth perception and it's the equivalent of getting a great view from the center of the stands, makes you feel like you're there. You get the surrounding audience around the court in the depth perception and it definitely enhances the experience (cheerleaders, mascott, crowd provide for a great atmosphere with surround sound). Hoping they can get some more basketball programming out in 3D. It would be insane for March Madness games.

My thoughts on the game:

Team looked pretty similar minus the absence of Wolf. Wolf was a force in this game, 1 reb shy of a double double. Even with Wolf, their bigs still killed us on the boards and every rebound was a struggle. Howell had his way, scoring a double double in the second half alone. Olander held his own in the first but got bossed by Howell and Leslie in the second.

As for our guards... Shabazz was Shabazz; He had all 10 of our points early on, outscoring NCST at the time. Boat played well all around.
Calhoun and DD had fairly quiet games and turned the ball over a lot.

Despite our huge front court deficiencies, we were still in this game at the end. With a different bounce of the ball here or there they could have taken this game too. I have been impressed with this team's toughness to keep just about every game a close contest this year. I was impressed with how well Ollie represented himself as well. This was the Jimmy V game and he said some stand-up things. He also ran some nice stuff against a good defensive team, especially noticable from out of bounds plays.

While we got pummelled on the boards, I couldnt help but wonder how helpful Roscoe would be on year's this team and it REALLY makes me think the kid made a mistake by transferring. His transfer definitely hurt the most this off-season. When I imagine a Senior Roscoe on the team next year it hurts to think how good we could have been with overall improvement. His tough rebounding is exactly what this team is lacking.

If Wolf is gone for next year, we will still be woefully thin up front and asking a lot from Brimah/Nolan. Their ability to rebound and adapt to the college game will be vital for a team that is still woefully thin up front. At this point, we can't expect Tyler to have much of an impact in the frontcourt next year (grab a REB would you!?). The development of a froncourt is vital and needs to complement our guards so that teams can't just constantly press and trap them up top. Imagine how much better our guards could be with an inside-out game!?

Excited to see how the team can close out what has been a surprisingly super-ejoyable year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom