Just plain awful | The Boneyard

Just plain awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Coming off a win over UCF, you had to think we would go to Yankee Stadium and dispatch a team that could not find a way to stop Yale or Kent State.

Unfortunately, their program is run by a grown up and we have Mork from Ork. I don't know what Bob did all week, but Army worked on undressing the newbie.

If someone wants to explain the play calling, the time management or the complete regression back to the USF caution, please, dear God, I need your help.

On Whitmer...would it surprise anyone if he had eight or ten plays that ended in touchdowns for the opposition? At what point is it actually cruel to put this kid in situations where he's going to blow the game apart? Even worse, Diaco spends an entire game demonstrating that he doesn't trust the kid at all and then needs to turn him loose to try to win the game at the end. Good luck with that.

Long story made short, that sucked. I'll stop whining now.

Reaction Score
I'm on Ryan's bus now and can't figure out how:
1) we lost to Army
2) nobody wanted $200
That sign was staring at me all game. Started a "we're New York's college team with mold success during the game.

Reaction Score
I'm on Ryan's bus now and can't figure out how:
1) we lost to Army
2) nobody wanted $200
That sign was staring at me all game. Started a "we're New York's college team" with mild success during the game.

Reaction Score
Coming off a win over UCF, you had to think we would go to Yankee Stadium and dispatch a team that could not find a way to stop Yale or Kent State.

Unfortunately, their program is run by a grown up and we have Mork from Ork. I don't know what Bob did all week, but Army worked on undressing the newbie.

If someone wants to explain the play calling, the time management or the complete regression back to the USF caution, please, dear God, I need your help.

On Whitmer...would it surprise anyone if he had eight or ten plays that ended in touchdowns for the opposition? At what point is it actually cruel to put this kid in situations where he's going to blow the game apart? Even worse, Diaco spends an entire game demonstrating that he doesn't trust the kid at all and then needs to turn him loose to try to win the game at the end. Good luck with that.

Long story made short, that sucked. I'll stop whining now.

Right on target. Awful playcalling. Didn't really open up the offense until the 4th quarter. Up until then, except for several poorly executed, long balls to the sidelines, we were content with short balls to the sides. Pretty predictable. we also had , what has become the standard, one series for Boyle.
On defense, we never really stopped them We really had no pressure on their run attack.

Later, I'll rant on football at Yankee stadium. Anybody who doesn't like the rent needs to go to one game at Yankee Stadium. Terrible sightlines and our video scoreboard is far better. I know we desperatly want to be New Yorks team, but I may never go to another game there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's kind of a dick move calling out a kid like I did with Chandler, but it's just so frustrating and it happens time after time after time...enough already.

On Diaco...sometimes I think he's too clever by half.

Monken is also a first-year coach and he handed Diaco his ass for sixty minutes. Monken doesn't talk circles about processes or partners or anything else - apparently, he only coaches.

Hopefully this restores our moonbat back to reality.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I for one didn't like all of the BS " we respect Army" all week. Nothing says "we don't respect you at fahqing all" like a "we respect ___" week. We were 2-6. If we don't "respect" everyone on our schedule, something is wrong with us.

Reaction Score
It's kind of a dick move calling out a kid like I did with Chandler, but it's just so frustrating and it happens time after time after time...enough already.

On Diaco...sometimes I think he's too clever by half.

Monken is also a first-year coach and he handed Diaco his ass for sixty minutes. Monken doesn't talk circles about processes or partners or anything else - apparently, he only coaches.

Hopefully this restores our moonbat back to reality.
The difference is that the Army coach has disciplined players. Ours were mostly clueless all game long. And bringing in Foxx to fool them with the option didn't do very much... as if they hadn't seen an option team all year.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I liked the BD hire.....I hate every thing he says now. My daughter called it.....he's just "too cute"....and she doesn't mean that in a good way.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On Diaco...sometimes I think he's too clever by half..

Odd when I say those exact words, I'm an a**hole.

But I guess I say cute and not
clever...

Reaction Score
And bringing in Foxx to fool them with the option didn't do very much... as if they hadn't seen an option team all year.

Not true, Foxx at QB actually opened up gaping holes for our RB's. Why Foxx was only used for one series is beyond my comprehension.

One play that pissed me off is when they lined up Foxx in the backfield by himself, the whole point of having Foxx at QB is to freeze the LB's and that doesn't happen when he is back there by himself.

Reaction Score
I'm stating to feel like HCBD can only get in the way of his offense.

He handcuffs them(slow plays them) for most of the game and then realizes he has a shot to win and turns in to Air Coryell. :D

Reaction Score
I didn't forget that we were 2-6, into to this game. I don't know what our coaching staff was doing during the week, the fact that we marched down the field by the 4th quarter pisses me off even more. I still haven't gotten over the USF game, or the last 3 years. I don't even know what to say anymore I'm running out of ideas. We lost to Army.

Reaction Score
I am very concerned about Bob being the right guy. Not saying I am jumping ship, but there is enough body of work to form a baseline concern. The words that come out of his mouth have had me concerned for a while. I am looking for positives and there are a few such as the oline and the running backs. It's possible that recruiting has improved, but we won't know for a few years. Otherwise, improvements are few. I know that We have had key injuries and the team is young, but the play on the field should be better than what we have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom