Just how far can every WNBA team go this season? | The Boneyard

Just how far can every WNBA team go this season?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Mechelle Voepel's observations -
The 2018 WNBA season tips off Friday, and even those teams who didn't make the playoffs last summer -- Atlanta, Chicago, Indiana and Las Vegas (then in San Antonio) -- have reasons to believe they can get back to the postseason. Minnesota and Los Angeles, the titans of the past two seasons, return enough talent to once again be favorites for the championship. But they aren't guaranteed to make the WNBA Finals, as some other teams are hungry to get their shot at winning a title.

Here's a look at what could be the best-case scenario for every WNBA squad in 2018 -- and also what could be the worst case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It will be Minnesota and Los Angeles for the third straight year because they have the absolute best players in the league. Minnesota has a very slight edge because Moore and Fowles are better than Parker and Ogwumike. Los Angeles has better balance and are tough in close games. It would be nice to see Seattle break out and show signs of being ready to challenge. Phoenix can take it all if they do not have to make any defensive stops. I do not like anyone in the East.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I wonder just how far Connecticut will go this year -- I think they will be the team to watch in the East

Reaction Score
Minnesota is an injury away from problems this year; the bench isn't nearly as good as last year. I like D-Rob and all, but there was a chemistry fit with Renee and Pleneette Pierson

LA is deeper, but the question there is when will Alana, Essence and Cappie really show their age?

Phoenix got better, same thing about age with Dee, Sancho Lyttle, and Briann January, but they are much deeper now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom