Just hope team isn’t peaking too early | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Just hope team isn’t peaking too early

Reaction Score
Amen, SJ. What is peaking? It’s some made up chicken little worry, right along with that doooomed nonsense.

The 99 team didn’t have a lull. Their 2 losses were very explainable, one with Rip being out…..and we’ve already played significant time against quad 1s without Donny, Steph and now AK. Puff your chest out and ride the wave, people.
“Peaking” is for teams which are not elite, who rely on a kind of mojo/swagger on which they ride through a run.

That didn’t apply to 2023 and it doesn’t apply to this team. Again, the OP is silly

Reaction Score
Amen, SJ. What is peaking? It’s some made up chicken little worry, right along with that doooomed nonsense.

The 99 team didn’t have a lull. Their 2 losses were very explainable, one with Rip being out…..and we’ve already played significant time against quad 1s without Donny, Steph and now AK. Puff your chest out and ride the wave, people.
This is how UConn fans should do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hooper expressed it better than I. If UConn Nation realizes we are not going undefeated from here on out, then I am OK with that. I want back to back.
I'd be good with both.
Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

CL82

Reaction Score
What is peaking? It’s some made up chicken little worry, right along with that doooomed nonsense
Remember when Deepster used to care about the mojo. I do. The funny part is vacillates between this and his "I will lead you" shtick.

Honestly, we're good Deep. Just limit yourself to your gambling advice. Nobody cares, but it's harmless.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Clingan and Samson combined for 8 points
^Noted for perspective, not any criticism. All of your other points stand firmly.

OP can further consider that UConn got more points & rebounds from the 5 than St John's did, so not as bad as it might seem at first look.

Even with Clingan & Samson combining for 9 fouls, UConn was called for fewer fouls than St John's.

Stewart & Ball played in both halves, giving the more experienced & effective players some rest, with little lost ground in the first half and none in the second half.

St John's had as many assists as UConn, and 3 fewer turnovers. All other statistical categories favored UConn.

The game was neither beautiful nor ugly. It was a road win against a highly motivated team with a Hall of Fame coach, on a day that they honored a high-achieving team from a quarter century ago, including a former coach who had not been at a game since he was fired six games into his final season.

By those standards, it was a perfectly fine victory.

Reaction Score
Remember when Deepster used to care about the mojo. I do. The funny part is vacillates between this and his "I will lead you" shtick.

Honestly, we're good Deep. Just limit yourself to your gambling advice. Nobody cares, but it's harmless.
So you have one bit of mojo 25 years ago and it has to still apply forever? Nonsense.

You flow like a stick on the arms of a mighty river. Barely anyone eats wings and drinks RRs anymore and EVERYONE here did that in 99.

If you stand still on the train tracks, you get run over or left behind. Grow up.

Reaction Score
Well they're not going undefeated the rest of the way so I'm not worried about that at all. Plus, does Hurley seem like the kind of coach to rest on his laurels? Karaban said after a recent win that in the next practice Hurley made them feel like it was a loss. Hurley will keep them focused and improving.

This team still has another level to get to.
Yes. And it seems our centerpiece is now our biggest issue. DC can’t stay in the floor and it’s keeping him from getting his game legs back. No don not AK and a string win. We really good. And (fingers crossed) could go into the Marquette game with bc a stranglehold on the conference and the longest streak at number in the last few years( I would think).

Reaction Score
We haven't clinched the Big East title yet and you're hoping we haven't peaked too soon?!?

UConn is on a 2-year run that you will rarely see in today's college game. Let it ride and enjoy it while it lasts.

CL82

Reaction Score
So you have one bit of mojo 25 years ago and it has to still apply forever? Nonsense.

You flow like a stick on the arms of a mighty river. Barely anyone eats wings and drinks RRs anymore and EVERYONE here did that in 99.

If you stand still on the train tracks, you get run over or left behind. Grow up.
You quit. Have some dignity in your retirement instead of coming back to the office and asking if anyone wants to go with you to the early bird special at Denny's. No one does.

Reaction Score
Loved today’s game, firing on all cylinders. However lot of bb to be played. I wouldn’t mind a mid February stumble or two and then heat it up for the end of season, BET and the dance.

I’m thinking how the Kemba team and last year’s team hit the dance in peak performance. Fingers crossed.
How can they be peaking with karaban in steet clothes. Undefeated at full strength. Reminds me of rips natty. Team lost 2 games at not full strength. Feel free to check my math but that is my recollection

Reaction Score
You quit. Have some dignity in your retirement instead of coming back to the office and asking if anyone wants to go with you to the early bird special at Denny's. No one does.
This bit is tired.

You want to go at a repeat with Prankster again? Or maybe your pal ADub will pull his face out of the Friars taint to act like a UConn fan again. We can only hope.

Have no fear. I already have a few mojo streams in flight and ready to pounce come March.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm just going by what I've seen the past handful of days, in one true home game and one alleged road game. in that sampling, our opponent commits three fouls for every one that is called while our 7'2" center has two called for every one he commits.

Once we're in the NCAA's it will be similar to last year.

Reaction Score
Have we even played 10 games with our full roster? We need to get Clingan some work in the post so he can attack these bigs back that are putting him in foul trouble every game. If they're gonna try and get a quick two fouls on him, we've got to be willing to attack back.
He’s putting himself in foul trouble. He’s like a newborn colt out there. He needs to give up a little space, not be overly physical, and not try to block everything they throw up.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Loved today’s game, firing on all cylinders. However lot of bb to be played. I wouldn’t mind a mid February stumble or two and then heat it up for the end of season, BET and the dance.

I’m thinking how the Kemba team and last year’s team hit the dance in peak performance. Fingers crossed.
That’s a silly thing to worry about. We’re good and well coached. We won’t forget how to play and coach late in the season.

CL82

Reaction Score
This bit is tired.

You want to go at a repeat with Prankster again? Or maybe your pal ADub will pull his face out of the Friars taint to act like a UConn fan again. We can only hope.

Have no fear. I already have a few mojo streams in flight and ready to pounce come March.
Please you're I quit, I want back in, I quit, I want back in act is tired. It's really painful to watch you jump on and off the bandwagon. Last year, your "the retired judge speaks" thread was a big bag of nothing, ignored by everyone. Then after we had established Bill Murray as our Mojo icon for the year you hopped on board and tried to take credit for it. It's really pitiful. You should stop embarrassing yourself.

Reaction Score
Firing on all cylinders? AK didn't play, DC and Samson were basically no-shows.
They held Soriano to 4RB 2A and 6PTS, maybe just me but far from no-shows in a pressure packed game. Team sport and the team picked up one another for a quality win. I get the first point but the not the no-shows.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score

Dope of the day

Reaction Score
There are some teams, that there is no such thing as peaking...I think this is one of them. They have been consistently good, and will just continue to be consistently good. I think under pressure, they will rise.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They held Soriano to 4RB 2A and 6PTS, maybe just me but far from no-shows in a pressure packed game. Team sport and the team picked up one another for a quality win. I get the first point but the not the no-shows.
One of his assist was very nice, dumping down low from a triple team to an open guy under the basket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom