Just got back from Italy... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just got back from Italy...

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Italian heartthrobs could not get rid of me

Reaction Score
I had an uncle who spent a summer ( theirs)in Antarctica when he worked for P&W many years ago .He said it was an amazing experience but wouldn’t do it again .
As someone who escaped the CT winters and thinks AZ ‘s January are too cold it would be my worst.nightmare .
I’m going to assume your uncle planted a Husky’s flag at the South Pole and carry that thought with me today.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Going to Italy in the fall… I will be wearing my UConn gear
Where in Italy? It is very different from one region to another, all interesting with different food specialties. Not sure which region has the most UConn gear. Rome is my favorite city although when i was there it had more graffiti per square inch than anyplace i’ve been.

Reaction Score
Where in Italy? It is very different from one region to another, all interesting with different food specialties. Not sure which region has the most UConn gear. Rome is my favorite city although when i was there it had more graffiti per square inch than anyplace i’ve been.
Rome..Venice..Florence

tv

Reaction Score
Completely agree about the graffiti; really was impossible to ignore. Very crowded this time of year, too, so beware of the pickpockets.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Rome..Venice..Florence
If this is your first trip there, ,a subway ride out of Rome is Ostia Antica, most people miss it. It is a very well preserved area of ancient Rome that was the port area but over centuries was buried in sand until rediscovered and is now a few miles from the ocean. I haven’t been to Pompeii but Ostia is worth a look. If you are going on your own, i think getting a day guide for a tour of Tuscany near Florence is worth it. Wine country and the towns of Sienna anf San Gimignanon. In Florence the lines to the main museums can be pretty long and sometimes dsy guides can jump the lines. The best little hotel i ever stayed in was in Florence, at one point top 10 in the world per Tripadvisor reviews, the Davanzati but not handicap friendly.

Reaction Score
If this is your first trip there, ,a subway ride out of Rome is Ostia Antica, most people miss it. It is a very well preserved area of ancient Rome that was the port area but over centuries was buried in sand until rediscovered and is now a few miles from the ocean. I haven’t been to Pompeii but Ostia is worth a look. If you are going on your own, i think getting a day guide for a tour of Tuscany near Florence is worth it. Wine country and the towns of Sienna anf San Gimignanon. In Florence the lines to the main museums can be pretty long and sometimes dsy guides can jump the lines. The best little hotel i ever stayed in was in Florence, at one point top 10 in the world per Tripadvisor reviews, the Davanzati but not handicap friendly.
It is our first time to Italy..I have always wanted to go to there..my family is from Italy ..thanks for the advice.. I’m hoping it’s not going to be too cold, we are going in November

tv

Reaction Score
I was at Ostia Antica on Sunday and can vouch for how impressive of a site/ruins area it is. Definitely worth 2-3 hours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom