just curious | The Boneyard

just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
did anyone watch the HS football games on MSGVarsity on-line? what was your opinion of the announcing crew?

Reaction Score
did anyone watch the HS football games on MSGVarsity on-line? what was your opinion of the announcing crew?
Bueller? Anyone?

FWIW, they spent most of the broadcast talking about how much better Don Bosco was, and why they don't bother with most Connecticut teams even though they call it tri-state. They were also really antagonistic toward a particular player, which I thought was the epitome of classlessness. Just wondering what other's reactions were...

Reaction Score
I haven't seen any MSG games this year but I'm assuming you mean Mike Quick and pals. Mike Quick has done a tremendous job over the years. They tend to only cover Fairfield county and some of New Haven county. I asked him about their CT coverage before and I was told they basically had a certain radius they stayed in. They don't cover the whole state. It's understandable.
There's some very good competition in north Jersey, lower Westchester county, NYC, L.I. etc. It's tough for CT teams to crack their top ten and that's an honest assessment. Mike Quick I believe lives in CT in Fairfield County as well. He's very familiar with CT football. Keeping their radius in mind both Hand and Xavier are outside of it and not considered for their Top 10 poll. Ansonia. Staples, New Canaan would have the closest shot.

Reaction Score
This is the final Northeast regional poll from Prepnation.com (now coacht.com) which does a pretty good job covering the country. They had Bosco at #2 Nationally, #1 regionally. (Boscowas #1 for most of the year and never lost):

Northeast Region
1. Ramsey, N.J., Don Bosco Prep (11-0) (1)
2. Harrisburg, Pa., Central Dauphin (14-1) --
3. Warminster, Pa., Archbishop Wood (13-1) (3)
4. Hammonton, N.J., St. Joseph (10-0) (4)
5. Everett, Mass. (13-0) (5)
6. Oradell, N.J., Bergen Catholic (8-3) (6)
7. Erial, N.J., Timber Creek (12-0) --
8. Middletown, Conn., Xavier (13-0) (9)
9. Orchard Park, N.Y. (14-0) (10)
10. Duxbury, Mass. (13-0) --

http://www.coacht.com/national/poll/poll.cfm?poll=1&latest=1

Reaction Score
I haven't seen any MSG games this year but I'm assuming you mean Mike Quick and pals. Mike Quick has done a tremendous job over the years. They tend to only cover Fairfield county and some of New Haven county. I asked him about their CT coverage before and I was told they basically had a certain radius they stayed in. They don't cover the whole state. It's understandable.
There's some very good competition in north Jersey, lower Westchester county, NYC, L.I. etc. It's tough for CT teams to crack their top ten and that's an honest assessment. Mike Quick I believe lives in CT in Fairfield County as well. He's very familiar with CT football. Keeping their radius in mind both Hand and Xavier are outside of it and not considered for their Top 10 poll. Ansonia. Staples, New Canaan would have the closest shot.
Yeah, I get that Hand and Xavier aren't considered to be in their area, but when you're calling the game shouldn't you be involved in that one? It was like listening to Dick Vitale at a non-Duke game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sounds like a dookie v basketball game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads