just can’t get into nba2k | Page 2 | The Boneyard

just can’t get into nba2k

Reaction Score
The good news is that The Show is the best sports franchise available right now. It's not as fun as MVP but they're still good games.

I don't know what the deal is with sports games. I am playing Madden 19 right now and NCAA 14 has better and more in-depth gameplay, and the scouting/coach mode is better too. The old Madden's had create-a-play! You could make an entire playbook entirely of your own created plays. I remember putting my high school wishbone offense in as my playbook. There was so much more content and the game played better.
I have an Xbox so I can't even play The Show. Next year it will change and all good again but I'm stuck with Madden and 2K until then

Reaction Score
This is the only important one. I'm still pissed I sold my GameCube for 47 cents to Gamestop so I can't play this anymore

Still play MVP on the OG Xbox. Simply the best sports game ever. Crazy that it's 15 years old.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
This is the only important one. I'm still pissed I sold my GameCube for 47 cents to Gamestop so I can't play this anymore
20200509_014006.jpg

Reaction Score
Finding my copy of NCAA '14 in the attic has literally saved my sanity during quarantine. They haven't killed the server yet so I was able to get the updated rosters with names, what a dream.

Also, you can get all college teams on 2K, it requires a little legwork but once you get it going it's magical. The level of detail that these dudes put into the courts and uniforms is truly admirable.

The only thing that bothers me is seeing the AAC logo on the XL Center floor!

Reaction Score
Finding my copy of NCAA '14 in the attic has literally saved my sanity during quarantine. They haven't killed the server yet so I was able to get the updated rosters with names, what a dream.

Also, you can get all college teams on 2K, it requires a little legwork but once you get it going it's magical. The level of detail that these dudes put into the courts and uniforms is truly admirable.

The only thing that bothers me is seeing the AAC logo on the XL Center floor!
Nice

Reaction Score
Still play MVP on the OG Xbox. Simply the best sports game ever. Crazy that it's 15 years old.

That game was ridiculously fun, I never got tired of it. I bought the PC version a couple of years after it came out; the modding community for it was insane, making historical full season mods for 1927, 1961, 1975, etc. Proper stadiums, uniforms, etc. The level of detail was remarkable. I still have the PC disk laying around somewhere even though I haven't played the game in 8-9 years.

I think sports games hit a point where they tried to get too realistic and/or too complicated. My three favorite sports games are MVP '05, College Hoops 2K8, and NCAA Football '14. All of them were a perfect blend of fun and realism with a dash of "arcade". Sports games now are a chore to play, besides Madden, which has been the same dumpster fire for a decade.

Reaction Score
I'm still playing college hoops 2k8..... I know it's old, but I love the legacy mode and recruiting aspect......real deal
I loooved those games also especially the recruiting aspect. Really misss it

Reaction Score
Best sports games:

Football: NCAA 14/Madden 2006
Baseball: MVP Baseball 2005
Basketball: College Hoops 2k8/NBA Street Vol. 2
Golf: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10/Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Tennis: Wii Tennis/Mario Tennis 64
Hockey: NHL '94/NHL Hitz
Board Sports: Snowboard Kids/THPS3
Martial Arts: Punch-Out!
Soccer: FIFA '10

I absolutely loved MVP Baseball and College Hoops 2Ks were really good, too. I feel like the NHL games have consistently been the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom