OT: - Just be happy UConn isn't CCSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Just be happy UConn isn't CCSU

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You couldn’t be more right-on!! Among his many court accomplishments he was a sports star alumni who gave back— a financial gift to UConn!!
I forgot that. My bad.

Reaction Score
This hurts. I grew up off Stanley Street and my dad went to school and eventually worked at CCSU before his passing. Wife is a Blue Devil too.

I covered the team in the early 2000s right out of college. The Corsley Edwards team that lost to Pitt was incredible. Loudest gym I ever was in was the NEC final against Q-Pec. That includes plenty of UConn hoops games.

Donyell is now going to be on third AD. Recruiting is hard at this level. Howie Dickenman’s staff was loaded with great coaches and recruiters early on. That helped.

Steve Pikiell, Pat Sellers, Anthony Latina were his staff when I started covering team. That is a gang busters staff. I wish Pat got the job when Howie left.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I remember the early 00s when they had a 20 game win streak and going to a few games with my dad.
I also remember a UConn-CCSU game around the holidays back then and all my uncles being like CCSU really has a vs the Huskies this time! And UConn won by 40.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
This hurts. I grew up off Stanley Street and my dad went to school and eventually worked at CCSU before his passing. Wife is a Blue Devil too.

I covered the team in the early 2000s right out of college. The Corsley Edwards team that lost to Pitt was incredible. Loudest gym I ever was in was the NEC final against Q-Pec. That includes plenty of UConn hoops games.

Donyell is now going to be on third AD. Recruiting is hard at this level. Howie Dickenman’s staff was loaded with great coaches and recruiters early on. That helped.

Steve Pikiell, Pat Sellers, Anthony Latina were his staff when I started covering team. That is a gang busters staff. I wish Pat got the job when Howie left.

Sorry about your dad -- sounds like he gave you a lot of great experiences to remember.

Reaction Score
Any of you guys remember Bill Detrick, Archie Tolis or Ron Pringle?

Reaction Score
My favorite memory was in 2000 when central went to the Dunkin' Donuts Center and beat Providence,the place was silent

Reaction Score
As an nb resident- I remember when rick mickens and corsley edwards(last pick in 01 draft?) led central to a tourney birth in the 2 vs 15 game against Iowa st jamaal tinsley and Marcus fizer - they hung for a while but lost. This was maybe in like 2001-2002?
It wasn't till the second half they realize they could play with them, with three minutes left in the game they cut it down to six

Reaction Score
John Tice.... he was a beast had a double double against Vince Carter and Antwan Jamison when he played for Fairfield then he transferred to Central I believe he tossed R. Jones around and rip Hamilton around like a ragdoll and Calhoun wanted to give him a white jersey he was so impressed

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What does this have anything to do with coaching? He is a terrible coach. I've watched practices and games. He is awful.

Every long time UConn fan knows was a baller already.
WOW and happy holidays to you too
I don't think the poster said anything about him being a good coach
He said he felt sorry for him
Perhaps you need to carefully read before you jump down others' throats
Happy Holidays!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
25 for 25 in BET vs St John's, followed by two misses vs Florida in the S16 enabling them to tie us then win in OT

I loved Donyell, part of the class that put us on the map

Reaction Score
Just a reminder, you love Donyell - the player.

Donyell the coach is an embarrassment.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
25 for 25 in BET vs St John's, followed by two misses vs Florida in the S16 enabling them to tie us then win in OT
I loved Donyell, part of the class that put us on the map
Did you hear the story at the Big East when Spike Lee came up to Donnie and started telling him how great he was? Donnie says, "You want Donyell, he's that guy over there."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom