Junior Colleges | The Boneyard

Junior Colleges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dan, this is probably mostly directed at you but do you have names for the key targets at places like Dean that you said P was keying on? Also, any chance you know if WR Jordan Armstrong that we almost took last year went one of these routes? That kids offers came flowing in pretty heavily after he committed to UConn.

Reaction Score
I have the big one from South Jersey Julian Allen. Apparently got HS diploma early and signed with Lackawanna JC. (according to his facebook) He would now be a 2014 kid that I happen to know would've had 15 offers if not for his grades.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, this is probably mostly directed at you but do you have names for the key targets at places like Dean that you said P was keying on? Also, any chance you know if WR Jordan Armstrong that we almost took last year went one of these routes? That kids offers came flowing in pretty heavily after he committed to UConn.

armstrong ended up committing to a fcs school down south i think. he passed on the juco route and just went for a college ship, grades/qualifying/scores was the issue. i think pj recently pointed out to me that a lot of dean kids are now listed on rivals. i'm going to wait until the fall for rosters as until then things will not be 100% on kids. dean will have sylva and neally among others. the ansonia qb will be at milford with the greenwich lb i think also. dean recently came back to life and with uconn and umass clearly working together its going to be a monster for the future. its gives new england kids a great juco route with 2 big public's playing at different levels as there stay home choices. i expect both schools to benefit heavily from that. remember the kid from bristol? hes going to dean also and is a umass commit i think. the kid from prince tech(williams?) is going there and will be sought after also i think. a kid from todmans home town is going to dean also, he played in a semi league last fall and dreams uconn. when i see those rosters in the fall i will be able to pick them apart for u guys and tell u whats up with the kids. i will prob talk with alot of them around that time of year. i believe another kid from neallys school is a commit to us and hes going to dean also but i will wait to see it first. i would say we have at least 3 uconn leans there this fall right away and umass will have a couple also. umass and uconn are clearly 1 upping bc on this and trying to keep them out of the loop in it. purdue also has a kid or 2 going to dean btw which is interesting. i wonder if its just a random recruit of it there is some connect. they have recently started recruiting the northeast hard again after watching iowa do it for the last 4 years. the last info i had on sylva was 2 years at juco and neally 1 but when school stuff gets sorted out we will see...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
also i have to say, i was never big on getting a lot of juco kids. i'm fine with small #'s in a class but we are really using them it seems but i see what the staff is thinking. we needed kids asap for roster depth last year so we hit the trail hard in that respect. this year we lose like 15 kids but 10 of them are key players so we will need some ready to play kids in this 13 class. i think thats what the staff is doing here.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I agree that a few Juco's are good but i don't want to see UConn like some schools out west that get half their players from two year programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom